Start by marking “Secrets” as Want to Read:
Secrets

Secrets

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  3,923 ratings  ·  68 reviews
Danielle Steel, America’s number-one best-selling novelist, has held millions spell-bound with such novels as Family Album, Full Circle, and Changes. But with Secrets she takes her readers beyond the tightly knit world of the family, into the heart of the nation’s most glamorous industry: television.

Here is the drama behind the creation of Manhattan, a first-of-its-kind p
Published October 1st 1986 by Dell (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets

Molly
Ashley
I am a huge fan of Danielle Steel, and none of her books ever disappoint me, including this. Secrets had a great story line with amazing characters. Bill and Jane were my favorite characters because they both had traumatizing lives that turned around in the end. One thing that I was not impresses by was how predictable everything was. I always knew what was about to happen, and when I read books I like to be surprised by what is happening. With that being said, it was still a great book!
A very dated book. While some 80's references (Perrier! Giorgio!) made me smile, some of the 80's attitudes, specifically toward the gay community, made me cringe.
Otherwise, it held my interest but felt a little uneven.

However, if you're in the mood for a soapy, glitzy 80's escape, give it a try. It's a pleasant evening's read.
Megan
Steel never fails. I had a hard time putting this one down, as I did with her last book. You come to really like these characters--Zack, Jane, Gabby, Bill, Mel, Sabina. Even when they're not nice, you STILL like them and feel for them. You become invested in their lives; and even after the book ended, I was wondering, "Well...where are they now?!!?!" I didn't want to let go.

As is signature of Steel, Secrets is a dramatic page turner. The ending was a little anticlimactic, which surprised me, esp
Yurika Nurmala Dwiyanti
Dua kali aku membaca karya Danielle Steel, dan aku putuskan ini buku karyanya yg terakhir aku baca.

Bukannya aku tdk suka dengan novel genre roman, tapi cara Danielle menuliskan cerita2nya selalu mengingatkanku dengan opera sabun di tv atau kalau di Indonesia sejenis sinetron2 gitulah. Dangkal dan terlalu mellow. Dan aku tidak suka dengan karakter tokoh2 (terutama tokoh utamanya)dlm cerita2nya yg selalu digambarkan gadis cantik yglemah, teraniaya, dan penuh air mata.

Cukup 1 bintang sajalah utk b
Daniela
I start this by saying that I don't, in general, like Danielle Steel. But this wasn't her typical woman alone faces horrible childhood and overcomes. It is an ensemble piece and each character has an interesting back story. If you only read one by her, make it this one.
Sophie
Words cannot explain how in love I am with this book, I literally cannot stop thinking about it. I have never read a book that had characters that were so different yet fit together with ease. I do not know how Danielle Steel does it, but I hope she never stops.
Laurie
Secrets is a complex character study, 6 people with intricate detailed histories and everybody is guarding a secret, except one. It is interesting to see how one person's secret affects another and yet other times where the secret is more mortifying to the holder while others think of it as inconsequential.

This is a powerful plot that reflects how our past and present situations help to shape us into the people that we are today. There is also a subtle lesson that sometimes we can think that w
Charity Yoder
i FREAKIN love this book, save most of the stuff that goes on in it. even though i sometimes wonder why certain sentences are placed where they're placed (in all of her books, not just this one), it comes off ok. but what i really enjoyed was the storyline. everyone had secrets, and not just small ones, either. how they managed to hide them from the media, i don't know.
was it slightly cheesy? yeah. was the development not fully there? probably. was it a bit predictable? deff. like come on... th
℘~®~i~ ツ ~ $☻L☺ ~ ☾ℜ€D€ℜ€  ♥ ~!!
Sep 06, 2012 ℘~®~i~ ツ ~ $☻L☺ ~ ☾ℜ€D€ℜ€ ♥ ~!! rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Young Adults, Adults
Recommended to ℘~®~i~ ツ ~ $☻L☺ ~ ☾ℜ€D€ℜ€ ♥ ~!! by: Friend
The most intriguing book ever! I seriously couldn't bare to put this down for once. My friend brought it to school one day and I was like, why not try it out? I didn't fall in love with the cover, and I usually DO judge a book by it's cover at times, but then I got to reading it during the boring periods, and I found myself really starting to like this book. And the title describes the book perfectly. Danielle Steel keeps you hooked till the very end, and all the characters have their own person ...more
Vicki
One of the. First books I read from Danielle Steel. She is an incredible writer. You can get lost in her writings. Ni would read again!
Meryl
Chrystal Rose
The only Danielle Steele book I've every read and probably will ever read.
Tracie Blumenthal
One of my 3 favorite Danielle Steele books.
Susan
Frivolous, easy reading for when you want light entertainment without having to think too much.
Asra Ghouse
This was the first Danielle Steel I'd read (if I remember correctly)
At that time I found it really an obvious sort of story with decorated characters. Soon I found out that is the only thing one can read about in a Danielle Steel.
Anyway, Secrets leaves a stupid smile on the reader's lips as the book ends.
WTH! Just read it if you have lots of time to kill.
Carrie Cuevas
I "borrowed" this book from my mom when I was in 4th grade because she said I couldn't read it. I read it and was fascinated by the adults and their lives. This is the book that got me started on romance novels. I can't really read Steele anymore because all of her books are so formulaic. All rich beautiful and powerful woman who fall in love.
Paola
I found this novel entertaining and well-developed, the whole path these characters have to go through is well-driven and fun to read, though somewhat predictable. I wasnt expecting much of it anyway
Shellbell3584
I loved how all of the characters are introduced individually and you get to know about each of their backgrounds before they are brought together to produce a new television show called Manhattan. There's also the perfect combination of romance, drama, and comedy. My favorite book thus far!!!
Sara Williams
Enjoyed this book. Not really what I was expecting to happen in it.
Nascha
I read this book back in high school and I must say it was my favorite book by Danielle Steel thus far. It is a little like a Jackie Collins book, and maybe that's why I like it. Still, it was a good read. I recommend it those for a summer reading.
Cathie
I inadvertently read this for the 2nd time. This was an easy read and the characters were a little more likable than many of Danielle's characters (in other words, these folks were far from perfect). However, I won't be reading it a third time.
Brandy
This was another long one. 442 pages. It was good but not too many surprises. I really liked reading about all the inner workings of Hollywood. You get really involved with the characters but I think the book was a little rushed.
Cpadilla
I read this book back in high school. Thought i would read it again however i couldnt get into it this time. This hollywood story was easy to read but some characters like bill, gabby and mel were more interesting than others in the book.
Krista
This is her best story. For some reason this one I can read again and again usually while soaking in a tub or watching it snow. All of her other books seem very formulaic and and try to be thought provoking as opposed to story driven.
Erica
I remember the character names but not much about the book itself. Must have been pretty good if I remember the names! The movie was good.

M. J.
This was the first Danielle Steel novel I ever read, and obviously holds a special place in my heart. Very rich with details, very Hollywood. Strongly recommended for anyone who loves the ins-and-outs of the celebrity lifestyle.
Stephanie
I got it free with a magazine as a young teenager. I feel like Danielle Steel furthered my sex educationand encouraged me to accept the entertainment value of bad books. Thank you.
Patria
  • Bygones
  • Rock Star
  • O mistério do 5 estrelas
  • A Ilha Perdida
  • Whirlwind (Welcome to Tyler, #1)
  • Ride The Thunder
  • Blazing Star (Welcome to Tyler, #5)
  • The Angel & the Outlaw
  • Till We Meet Again
  • The Adventurers
Since 1981, Ms. Steel has been a permanent fixture on the New York Times hardcover and paperback bestseller lists. In 1989, she was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for having at least one of her books on the Times bestseller list for 381 consecutive weeks. But Guinness was premature. The fact is that one or more of Ms. Steel's novels have been on the New York Times bestseller list for ...more
More about Danielle Steel...
Safe Harbour Sisters The Gift Kaleidoscope Fine Things