Start by marking “A Perfect Stranger” as Want to Read:
A Perfect Stranger

A Perfect Stranger

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  5,232 ratings  ·  68 reviews
The only daughter of a European banking dynasty, Raphaella had always been sheltered from the world. Married to a much older American, she was kept in the privacy of great luxury, tended to by servants, watched over by bodyguards. She was the beautiful dark-eyed woman the young lawyer from San Francisco, Alexander Hale, saw sitting alone one misty evening. Before he could ...more
Published July 1st 1985 by Dell (first published 1981)

To ask other readers questions about A Perfect Stranger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Perfect Stranger

The Gift by Danielle SteelSisters by Danielle SteelHeartbeat by Danielle SteelMessage from Nam by Danielle SteelKaleidoscope by Danielle Steel
The Best of Danielle Steel
15th out of 49 books — 237 voters
Catching Fire by Suzanne CollinsMidnight Sun by Stephenie MeyerThe Last Olympian by Rick RiordanThe Lost Symbol by Dan BrownAn Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon
The "Can't Wait" Book of '09
364th out of 441 books — 2,069 voters

More lists with this book...

Chenara Jade
this is the first DS book i read... since then i never stopped reading all DS Novels... still collecting DS Novels.. never STOPPED, Can't stop!!! =)
Ada Iaboni
It was a lovely story that makes you think that love at first sight is possible.
The cultural differences of two worlds perhaps even three of the main character make you think of the freedom of thought we as "American" have.
The resolution was a little too abrupt and the ending left me a bit dry, but as a whole it was a good story and kept me reading.
I don't know what it is about her books that suck you in, especially when 90% of the time you know what is going to happen. I read this one in one day. One thing that did bother me and she does this in a lot of her books. Is that you see so much of the main characters struggles but then when everything is resolved and they get back together, the book is over. That's what I wanted to know about this book. Did Alex & Raphaella get married? Have kids? What happened with Amanda or Kay? Too many ...more
Read in Mallorca.
I think it must be close to thirty years since I've read anything by this author, and I have to admit I came close to simply putting the book away several times. I did push myself through to the end, but this was really not my cup of tea. The love at first sight scenario is difficult enough to swallow, but all the characters are such caricatures, that it's almost unbearable. The put-upon macho man, surrounded by overbearing yet successful females, yearning in vain for a true wom
This beautiful book I remember reading when i was 16. And i cant forget it. The pain the love the longing and the true way of expressing that love isnt perfect its actually the most difficult thing to acquire and keep. The struggles that Raphaella, and how she tries to battle between diong the right thing and struggle to make herself happy is so well shown.
Kanaheswaree Rajendran
I find it as a good book, because MOSTLY (not all though) Indians do not move on in their lives with somebody else. They stay single for their kids or might end up going back to their parents house. This story will be an eye opener for those who thinks that it will be a big sin to move in with a guy after the husband's death.
A lovely story that makes you think that love at first sight is possible – if you are a romantic at heart. It was bit over exaggerated – even a perfect love has some problems. Don’t get me wrong, it was a good story that kept me reading but once I finished it, I felt unsatisfied as the overall plot is dry and a lot of the characters’ stories remain unresolved.
Amani Annabel
Alexander and Raphaella have a beautiful love at first sight story! It is so real.. so magical! Funny how life begins when we step out of our safe havens.
Nov 29, 2014 Glyde added it
Shared this to many and they loved it! ^_^
Anitah Muwanguzi
Loved the story, absolutely euphoric.
enjoyed this book
Kanske en dag.
Anna Krova
interesting book
I didn't fall head over heels with this story. It's not my favorite Danielle Steele book. It was just kind of okay and that makes me sad. I explain further on my blog
The ending was sweet, but again, it was lacking. I really wanted more. It was just kind of like, "Okay, and now we're done." And after the huge intro of angsty stuff in the beginning, I really wanted more to go on at the end.
It wasn't a bad story, but it was a little long for the amount of story you get. I gave
Liked what Danielle wanted to convey through the novel, but too dry for my liking... felt pretty exaggerated !!
my first Danielle Steel...a most romantic plot and i sense most of her book written as such but somehow, this book is draggy. Numerous times i read the declaration of the characters love for one another..the same love language which is used repetitively...then the push and pull effect where the characters decide on "to be or not to be"...these indecisiveness and romance repeatedly appear in most of the pages made the book rather draggy...anyway, its a decent book and thought it deserve a 3 from ...more
It was ok, but that's it. It didn't thrill me.
A modern fairytale. :-)
May 27, 2007 Sumaiyah rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: my friends
Shelves: syakillasshelf
i've learn many new things from this book.i very like it because she use the simple language and i can understand it clearly.this book helps me to improve my grammar and is my first english novel, i thought.i had borrowed it from my friend and i had finished reading it in two weeks(how amazing!) because i've never been reading english novel in such short time.well, i don't know how to tell how i like this book very much.thank you.
this was an okay book. a guy sees this girl who is crying in a yard, so he goes and watches her (kinda creepy) but he ends up going on the same trip as she did and ends up finding out that she's married to a man who is about to die and she is only in her twenties, she loved him though. they end up having an affair and her husband died, but before he did he saw how happy she was and knew what she did and told her to be with the man.
Ronald Wise
A rather corny romance with some unbelievable coincidences and characters. But there were a couple of characters that were so despicable that I had to read on, hoping they'd get their just due. This was one of the author's books I added to my list after reading her novel Toxic Bachelors. But after this one I might just remove her other titles from the list as a waste of reading time.
Même si elle est infidèle, j'ai trouvé Raphaella admirable. Elle a vraiment le sens du "sacrifice" car, après tout, elle reste au côté de son mari jusqu'à la fin, alors que d'autres auraient choisi de partir et "profiter" de leur jeunesse.
predictable but was free for me and worked out well for beach reading. I liked it. had some interesting twists. Only Danielle Steele book I've read, and since according to the reviews they are the same may be the only one I read
This one was great in parts and overall very interesting and thought provoking... like what would I have done in her shoes... I thought that the ending was a little abrupt and would have liked a bit more subsance at the end.
Sep 25, 2007 Shenky5 added it
Recommends it for: illona kapenda
Shelves: sheleca
it's not all about image or status but you can find a perfect stranger to be your soul mate at point. Don't judge people by their appearence or family history they mighty be very deferent from what you thought you knew.
a beautifully written story of love...A Perfect Stranger has caught the emotions of everybody regardless of races & beliefs. Superb book i couldn't dare to stop reading each page.
D.S is great author. She always use the simply languange. So, the readers can understand it clearly. The lesson is don't judge people by their appearence or family history.
My first Steel book , the end was pretty predictible since the actions were unrealistic like most of the cheesy romance books that are written to be sold and acted .
Saira sami
Mar 02, 2008 Saira sami rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fatima iqbal,samia asif
Nice book about a wealthy married woman searching for happiness without hurting other characters in the story.
Akshi Chadha
Too fast paced for my liking.
There was hardly any soul in it....just empty i love u s and not so romantic blah blah.
Danielle Steel Bo...: A Perfect Stranger 1 7 Nov 20, 2012 03:14AM
  • Dazzle
  • Danielle Steel
  • Love in Another Town
  • The Ugly Duchess
  • Papa You're Crazy
  • Labyrint světa a ráj srdce
  • Slavnosti sněženek
  • Talks With T. G. Masaryk
  • Плаха
  • Mr. Theodore Mundstock
  • The Arrangement
  • Believe In Me (Believe Trilogy, #3)
  • Markéta Lazarová
  • The Lazarus Child
  • Staré řecké báje a pověsti
  • Vegas Sunrise (Vegas, #3)
  • Summer Pleasures (Celebrity Magazine #1 & 2)
  • The Rule of Four
Since 1981, Ms. Steel has been a permanent fixture on the New York Times hardcover and paperback bestseller lists. In 1989, she was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for having at least one of her books on the Times bestseller list for 381 consecutive weeks. But Guinness was premature. The fact is that one or more of Ms. Steel's novels have been on the New York Times bestseller list for ...more
More about Danielle Steel...
Safe Harbour Sisters The Gift Kaleidoscope Fine Things