Start by marking “Have a Little Faith: A True Story” as Want to Read:
Have a Little Faith: A True Story

Have a Little Faith: A True Story

4.16  ·  Rating Details ·  61,372 Ratings  ·  4,190 Reviews
Product Details Paperback: 272 pages Publisher: Hyperion; Reprint edition (March 29, 2011) Language: English
Published March 29th 2011 by Hachette Books (first published September 29th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Have a Little Faith, please sign up.

Lindsay No creo que las cuestiones de orden . Aunque ambos son sobre Mitch , las historias deben ser capaces de ser leído de manera independiente.…moreNo creo que las cuestiones de orden . Aunque ambos son sobre Mitch , las historias deben ser capaces de ser leído de manera independiente. Personalmente, me gustaría leerlas en orden publicada si estuviera leyendo los dos.(less)
Heather Or I can use google translate; " K, She's in the book? "

Or I can use google translate; " K, She's in the book? "

Aku tidak tahu siapa dia Anda bertanya tentang, tapi itu adalah sebuah buku yang bagus. Tentang agama dan iman.(less)

Shantelle
Jul 14, 2011 Shantelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"In the beginning, there was a question.
"In the end, the question gets answered." - Mitch Albom

I just finished reading Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom. I'm not sure why I picked up this novel to read. Perhaps I was bored and needed something to do, perhaps I was looking for something to feel a void; or perhaps, just perhaps, I needed a little bit of faith.

Have a Little Faith is an amazing story about a Rabbi, a Christian Minister, and a man with very little faith. This book will take you thro
Harun Harahap
Feb 23, 2010 Harun Harahap rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: punya, fiksi, terjemahan
Pernahkan Anda mengenal orang yang punya keyakinan (yang kuat ataupun tidak)?Apakah anda berlari menjauhinya?

Saya pernah , begitu juga dengan Mitch Albom. Rasa jengah kerap muncul saat berdekatan orang-orang saleh (bahkan dalam kasus saya adalah orang tua saya sendiri) tersebut. Rasa takutkah itu? atau rasa malu?? Tetapi takut atau malu dari apa? Namun, yang pasti saya merasa menjadi ‘salah’ dan ‘kecil’ di antara mereka hingga takut diri saya sendiri akan lenyap.

Mitch Albom berhenti berlari da
Lyn
Jul 18, 2011 Lyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The thing about Mitch is that he is ever so much too syrupy, almost but not quite dripping from the page.

Not overly melodramatic, or too nostalgic or sentimental, not even really distasteful, I like his writing, but just a little too much. Like a glass of sweet tea that is just too full of sugar, needs a good squirt of lemon to knock it down a bit.

Having said that, I like Albom and his writing. I like that he's a baseball fan. He's worldly, observant and funny - he's a sportswriter after all,
Nancy
Jan 19, 2012 Nancy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I assumed this would be a typical Mitch Albom book, sentimental with "profound" life advice. I feel like it's un-American not to read these short best selling books about finding what ever it is he is selling. I was correct. But I had forgotten how his simple story telling can get to your soul; the real reason these books are so successful. This one doesn’t disappoint. To me it was much less about the two men he learns from and more about his insight into himself. Maybe it’s because we are so cl ...more
Aj the Ravenous Reader
I didn't love it as much as I did the other books by Mitch Albom but this one is still worth reading.
☮Karen
Nov 23, 2014 ☮Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Several years after Mitch Albom spent his Tuesdays with the famous Morrie, he began spending time with Albert Lewis. Albert was his childhood rabbi, and sometime after Albom stopped going to temple, Albert surprised him with a request that Albert's eulogy be delivered by Albom. Albom didn't feel qualified but obligingly accepted the challenge, provided they became better acquainted. The eight years they spent visiting and talking, along with each of their separate histories, are recounted.

Their
Mia Prasetya
Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labeled "This could change your life." ~Helen Exley

Quote yang sudah pernah saya dengar sebelumnya, kemarin baca lagi dari status updatenya mbak Lita dan quote di atas sangat melukiskan perasaan saya semalam ketika begadang menyelesaikan buku Mitch Albom terbaru Have a Little Faith. Penulis bahkan menyatakan "It is... the most important thing I’ve ever written,” . Di bukunya kali ini Mitch Albom mengajak kita untuk menyelami iman, cinta, toleransi a
Sheryl
Feb 20, 2011 Sheryl rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
One word - Amazing!

I'm really glad I chose to get the book. It was a very insightful and thought provoking read for me. Many parts of the book moved me to tears, and I loved the sermons. I could relate them with everyday life! I don't believe in any religion, so I started reading with a little trepidation, afraid it would start talking about converting etc. But boy was I wrong! This book is about faith, not just any specific religion.. but believing in something bigger than yourself. It'll make
Owlseyes

Just watched the movie; it's about two parallel (real) stories; one on Rabbi Albert L. Lewis; the other on Henry Covington. The sportswriter is the intersecting point. He's been asked an eulogy by the Rabbi; yet, he'll get to know also a former drug-dealer and drug-addict, Henry Covington, now a minister in a Presbyterian, Detroit church, crumbling apart. While collecting data from the Rabbi's life, the sportswriter will witness change in himself.

The church gets rebuilt.
Life takes on a new mea
Soplada
Partially this book holds the same journey as the one with the professor Morrie Schwartz in Tuesdays with Morrie but here it has more a religious message which I found so many resembling spiritual values in my religion like: loving every person, giving, caring and turning to God whatever the situation is. I found Sami Yusuf New Song which celebrates The World Interfaith Harmony Week 2015 is a big match for this faithFULL book:
Mark John
Dec 28, 2012 Mark John rated it liked it
One of my favorite lines from this book is “No matter which road you decide to take on your life's journey, just make sure God is an intimate part of it”. God gave us the will to choose whether to be good or to be bad, he proved how good He is. Becoming good or bad is always a choice but what we need to remember is God is always there to accept who we are, even though we made sins and troubles from our past, we’re not perfect we all know that and God also know that. Like what is being introduced ...more
Sue
Dec 11, 2012 Sue rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I purchased "Have a Little Faith" by Mitch Albom, after receiving a recommendation to read this book.This was such an uplifting novel that I couldn't put down.Such an emotional rollercoaster.I felt so good after reading this novel."Have a little Faith" is a true story nonfiction book that can open your eyes and heart, and allow you to realize how precious life is.It is about believing in something and the two men who taught him how.

The novel centers around three people:Mitch, a jewish man who in
Shelah
Oct 30, 2009 Shelah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted at Feminist Mormon Housewives.

When I was in Young Women’s, it seemed that whenever our planned Mutual activities fell apart, the go-to Plan B was to pull some Books of Mormon out of a storage closet and have us write our testimonies in them. At that time in my life, I had zero qualms about standing in front of a congregation on Fast Sunday and bearing my testimony, or talking in a fireside about my conversion to the gospel, but for some reason my mind always blanked when it cam
Nicole
Jan 15, 2011 Nicole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful book. I love the way Albon brought the two stories of different faiths together. It certainly made me appreciate the little things in life a lot more and also, not sweat the small stuff. It drew me closer to my faith and appreciate and respect faiths of friends and family that are different from mine. After all, we all pray to the same God, we just do it a little differently. If you have questions about your own faith or in faith overall, this book is a must read. It touched on so many ...more
Beatrice Masaluñga
Jun 01, 2011 Beatrice Masaluñga rated it really liked it
Recommended to Beatrice by: Angelique Jader
Shelves: borrowed, adult
In this book, Two people are involved (not including Mitch Albom), Mr. Albert Lewis- or "The Reb" as he called who is a Pastor, and requests Mitch to do his Eulogy when the time he will leave this world, and Henry Covington, who is a criminal and drug addict, he lost his faith that's why he is doing such bad acts until the time that he need God's Help and became a Pastor after realizing his sins. Also a little story from Cass who is homeless.

It's my first time to read a Non-Fiction book, but I
Helvry Sinaga
Apr 02, 2010 Helvry Sinaga rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tidak satupun manusia yang tahu kapan waktunya di dunia fana ini akan usai. Kemisterian mengenai ada apa setelah hidup di dunia ini, mungkin sama halnya dengan misteri mengenai bagaimana rupa Sang Pemberi hidup.

Awalnya adalah sebuah pertanyaan, dan menjadi pertanyaan terakhir
"Maukah kau menyampaikan eulogi untukku?"
Pertanyaan itu disampaikan oleh seorang Rabi/Guru/Pendeta/Pastor/Pemimpin Agama kepada Mitch Albom.

Menurut Kamus Besar Bahasa Indonesia, eulogi berarti:

1. ucapan atau tulisan yg mem
Mahsa
Feb 20, 2015 Mahsa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: encouraging
«دوست ندارم این کتاب رو!» تا اواسط کتاب با این حس صفحاتش رو ورق زدم. نمی دونم چرا، اما نمی تونستم باهاش ارتباط برقرار کنم.
از نیمه ی کتاب که گذشتم، به طرز عجیبی همه چیز وارونه شد. مقاومت رو کنار گذاشتم و دیدم این کتاب قرار نیس روبروم بنشینه و کلیشه ای باشه، قرار نیس برام موعظه کنه و از بالا بهم نگاه کنه... به جای همه ی این ها، قراره کنارم باشه و فقط برام حرف بزنه. قضاوتم نمیکنه... قصه میگه و قضاوت رو به خودم میسپره... درست مثل نمونه موعظه های روحانیِ دوست داشتنیِ این کتاب...

دخترکی با نقاشی ای که
Ali Garawi
Nov 23, 2010 Ali Garawi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
كتاب يحكي أحداث عاشها الكاتب مع راهب المعبد الذي كان يرتاده عندما كان صغيرا ، فحينما طلب منه الراهب أن يقدم تأبينه عند وفاته
طلب منه الكاتب أن يتعرف عليه جيدا حتى يعرف ما يقول حين التأبين والوداع الأخير ، وعندها يبدأ يحكي وينسج بأسلوبه الرائع العذب
الأحداث والحوارات التي حصلت بينه وبين الراهب في مختلف القضايا الإيمانية والعقدية والفلسفية والتاريخية في حياة الراهب
مضمنا بعض الخطب التي ألقاها الراهب اليهودي في اجتماعات السبت في المعبد.

بعض الآراء والفلسفة قد توافق بعض ما جاء به الإسلام والبعض قد لا
Michelle
Jul 17, 2013 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religious, audio
I read Tuesdays with Morrie several years ago, and I found it touching, but I'm not sure I would say I loved it. I'm not sure why. It's been too long for me to recall the specifics. However, I did love this.

Recently, I've decided I want to spend my time on the road listening to things that are perhaps more enlightened than the latest thriller or romance or even the a.m. radio crew. And so I happened across this on the library shelves, and decided it might be uplifting. It was.

It isn't that it sa
Brian
Jun 25, 2012 Brian rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
For most of the time I spent reading this book, I hated it. It struck me as a simple, feel-good story about a journey to faith. It felt like Mitch Albom was encouraging people to accept religion because it made these simple people feel good and be happy. To me, he was encouraging people to throw up their arms and place everything on faith rather than taking a moment to come up with their own thoughts for once. I stand by all of those feelings.

However, at the very end, Albom’s message became very
Julie
I'm in awe of Albom's writing style. He uses simple, easy-to-read words, and manages to convey the nuances of everything from mourning to elation. While I was reading Have a Little Faith, I found myself both emotional and pensive, pondering over the questions that Albom himself struggled with: Why do good things happen to bad people? Is there really a God? Why do people choose to go into the ministry? Can people really, fundamentally change? Heavy stuff, but it doesn't really feel that way as yo ...more
Liz
Sep 03, 2013 Liz rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I am not a religious person, but for as long as I remember myself I had always wanted to understand religion. The concept itself, as well as the major and some minor religions of the world. Their developments, differences and similarities. What drives the people who stand behind them, how and why. Which still results in me pestering the person who belongs to another religion and is more or less on good terms with it about a variety of things.

This one, while very sentimental at times, provided s
Karen
Dec 25, 2015 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had two books left to read this year to meet my Goodreads reading challenge goal of 80 books. So, i pulled this slim book off the shelf. Wow, it packs a punch and turned out to be one of the best books I have read this year. During a time when I find myself questioning my faith, this book was just what my soul needed.
April Lusaya
Jan 23, 2015 April Lusaya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
touching, inspiring, enlightening...
hanna
Mar 14, 2016 hanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religion, memoir, 2016
Okay, okay this was AMAZEBALLS.

So I like memoirs, a lot. And this one just gave me feels, the novel mainly is centered around Mitch who lost his faith as he aged, Reb (his childhood Rabbi) and Henry (a pastor who's overcome drug addiction). Reb asks Mitch to do his eulogy and 8 years later, Mitch is still visiting and getting to know the Reb. It sorta felt like every sentence I read whether from Reb (Rabbi) or Henry (Priest) was pure wisdom. And that's what I've learned to love about faith and
Joo Young
May 05, 2011 Joo Young rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to admit, I was surprised as to how much I enjoyed this book. It made me realize, sometimes you read certain stories at a certain time in your life and it really magnifies your perception. I was a little weary of 'hopeful' books and 'tales of spiritual journeys' but I really fell in love with the simplicity and honesty of the Rabbi and Pastor of the tale. Although I remember reading "Tuesdays With Morrie" I don't think it was as poignant as this Albom story-telling.

In particular I really
Shelley
Jan 13, 2012 Shelley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cried.
5 hours ago I felt that this was one of the best books I ever read.
Now.......I question it, because I just had book club and this reaction was not felt by everyone else. But I question everything I feel, and this book did teach me not to do that.
This book taught me a lot about myself and about how to listen to others. That it's worth taking 10 minutes of your day to talk with a stranger, to listen to a friend, to call someone you haven't in a long time.
I wondered why this book touched me
Sara
Apr 24, 2015 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good book is one that succeeds in creating a burst of emotions in your heart. It's a book you can relate to, and a book that teaches you a lesson. As usual Mitch Albom succeeds at sending a precise message to all his readers by talking about two characters, whom at first seemed so opposite but started becoming very similar by the end of the story. Through the pages of this book, you will find compassion, forgiveness and kindness. You will find yourself smiling at times, and deeply emotional at ...more
Nastaran
چیز قشنگی در مورد این کتاب وجود داره و اون اینه که کتاب تجربه خود نویسنده اس، مشابه همون تجربه ی زیباش با موری ...
دوباره فضا همون فضای معلم و شاگردیه... همون فضایی که میچ بدون اینکه حواسش باشه غرقش میشه و و به جایی میرسه که خودش رو شاگرد یه معلم دوست داشتنی میبینه...
وقتی کتاب تموم شد برگشتم به صفحات اول... جایی که میچ میگه:" گمان کردم لطفی از من تقاضا شده است."
و حقیقت این بود لطفی به اون هدیه شده بود...
بعضی آدم ها هستن که وجودشون زیباست... و آلبرت لوئیس این روحانی شوخ طبعی که به مدت هشت سال معل
Lama Ayoubi
Feb 27, 2017 Lama Ayoubi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"But what stays the same in life?".

"Faith is about doing. You are how you act, not just how you believe".

"The only tyrant I accept in this world is the still voice within". Mohandas Gandhi

"War never stops, it only pauses".

"If we tend to the things that are important in life, if we are right with those we love and behave in line with our faith, our lives will not be cursed with the aching throb of unfulfilled business. Our words will always be sincere, our embraces will be tight. We will never wa
Have a Little Faith 11 142 Apr 10, 2014 08:15AM
Excerpts Available 1 24 Sep 19, 2009 11:50PM
release date? 1 24 Oct 27, 2008 09:44AM
  • The Christmas List
  • Morrie: In His Own Words
  • The Longest Trip Home: A Memoir
  • What difference do it make?
  • Letters to Sam: A Grandfather's Lessons on Love, Loss, and the Gifts of Life
  • When Bad Things Happen to Good People
  • If Life Is a Game, These Are the Rules: Ten Rules for Being Human as Introduced in Chicken Soup for the Soul
  • In an Instant: A Family's Journey of Love and Healing
  • In a Heartbeat: Sharing the Power of Cheerful Giving
  • God Never Blinks: 50 Lessons for Life's Little Detours
  • Notes Left Behind
  • The Last Lecture
  • Peaks and Valleys: Making Good And Bad Times Work For You--At Work And In Life
  • The Seventeen Second Miracle
  • An Altar in the World: A Geography of Faith
  • Stainless Longganisa
  • The Faith Club: A Muslim, A Christian, A Jew--Three Women Search for Understanding
  • Consider the Blessings
Mitchell David Albom is an author, journalist, screenwriter, playwright, radio and television broadcaster and musician. His books have collectively sold over 35 million copies worldwide; have been published in forty-one territories and in forty-two languages around the world; and have been made into Emmy Award-winning and critically-acclaimed television movies.
More about Mitch Albom...

“Faith is about doing. You are how you act, not just how you believe.” 755 likes
“Nothing haunts us like the things we don't say.” 715 likes