Murder Melts in Your Mouth (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #7)

Murder Melts in Your Mouth (Blackbird Sisters Mystery #7)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  1,246 ratings  ·  96 reviews
Down-to-earth debutante Nora Blackbird is having a meltdown. A noted Philly philanthropist has taken a swan dive from an office balcony and Nora's friend Lexie stands accused of the murder. Then her scheming parents reappear, sending all three Blackbird sisters into a panic. Now Nora must uncover her parents' scandalous high jinks before she winds up taking the heat.
Published March 1st 2008 by New American Library

Suzanne
In this seventh installment of the Blackbird Sister's Mysteries, Nora, once again, decides that even though he now may be going to jail, Michael is still the man for her. Her sister is pregnant and still dealing with alcohol abuse. Michael tries to help Emma sober up. In the end, we are left with the impression that Emma is (sort of) in love with her baby's father, a banker. Meanwhile, Libby is hit by the Rolls Royce of a famous chocolatier and is now in love with him. Nora's best friend, Lexie...more
Jessica  Sinn (Chick Lit Cafe)
I’m not the biggest fan of heiresses, the Upper East Side elite or celebutantes, which is probably why I’ve always skipped over Nancy Martin’s high society book series. Unable to resist the chocolate-infused murder plot in “Murder Melts in Your Mouth,” I decided to give the books a shot and realized that I’ve been missing out on a real treat!

In this fast-paced Blackbird Sisters adventure, Nora Blackbird – former Philadelphia heiress and high-society It Girl – is teetering on the edge of a nervo...more
Devon
Read May 2008

'MURDER MELTS IN YOUR MOUTH' really IS the best Blackbird sisters mystery yet!! If you are a fan of this series you will be more than pleased with the direction Nancy Martin has taken our favorite heroine and her kooky gang in this seventh installment. All of our favorites have returned, Emma, Libby & kids & Mick with a focus on some of the more minor characters that we love such as Lexie and Crewe but one of the highlights of the story was finally getting to meet the eccent...more
Cherisse
Betty
The crazy, zany and humorous Blackbird Sisters are back for another adventure. This one my favorite series.
Nora and Mick have separated again. Libby has an accident and is recovering in hi scale hotel with the driver. Emma is pregnant and is not telling who is the father.
Nora is cooling off in a restaurant when a commotion occurs near Lexis's office. She heads to the building see a body near the baloney. Trying help her friend she opens a door and says "DADDY". We are off to find answers to all...more
Bridget
Jul 16, 2009 Bridget rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Philly mystery lovers
Shelves: 2009-reads
This was a great book to read for pure entertainment! I was not familiar with this mystery series, but I saw this book at the library, saw that it took place in and around Philadelphia, and decided to try it.

The main character, Nora Blackbird, and her sisters Libby and Emma, come from a well-to-do family. Their parents, however, have bilked friends out of a lot of money, and are on the run from the Feds.

In this installment, a major philanthropist is found dead in front of his office building af...more
Sandra
I struggled with the first half of this book. I am sick of Nora and Mick's on/off thing. I hate the way Mick keeps things from Nora all the time. I dislike both of Nora's sisters. Her parents are awful The eccentricities of Nora's relatives would be amusing if they also cared about anyone but themselves. Libby redeems herself slightly with her reaction to being told of Emma's condition. She immediately offers sympathy to Nora - understanding exactly how difficult it is for her. I was please to s...more
Shirley Worley
The crazy, diverse Blackbird sisters at their best. When Nora's friend, Lexie, is the prime suspect in the murder of philanthropist who pilfered money from hundreds of clients. Amid trying to prove her friend's innocence, Nora must deal with sister Emma, who is trying to dry out after dropping a shocking secret that shakes Nora's on-and-off-again with Mick to the core, while at the same time watching over sister Libby's brood of children after an accident. In the process of piecing together the...more
Linda
I loved this series. It's light reading and entertaining. Start with the 1st book and read them in order so you don't miss anything.
The Blackbird sisters, often referred to as the widow Blackbird girls because of a supposed family curse. Nora is the middle sister who is left with her families old farm and a two million dollar tax debt to pay off. She works for the local newspaper as a society column writer where she gets involved solving high society crimes. It's fun, romantic and entertaining.
T...more
Chelsea
I actually quite liked this book, more than some of the other mysteries I've been reading. It took me awhile to get into (but with Matt out of town all weekend, I had a lot of time at night to just read...) so it was fine. I ended up really liking the main characters by the time I got far enough in the story to understand their backstory (my own fault for getting the latest in the series instead of starting at the beginning). I liked them enough that I'd be interested in reading some of the earl...more
Grandma Weaver
I read the 1st 2 books in this series and really liked them. I think tho' this is the last in the series but I plan to read the others that are in between. Nora Blackbird is the main charachter with 2 nutty sisters and parents on the lam for stealing all their friends money. She has a boyfriend who may or may not be a criminal. He sort of reminds me of Ranger in the Stephanie Plum series. He's always there when she needs him with protection and street smarts. Although he is able to commit to a r...more
Mastermia
Nice closing novel that brings some resolution to series long issues and brings some nice (and needed) character growth. I really enjoyed this book for all aspects, the mystery and the romance, and for a change one didn’t seem to overwhelm the other. By turning back to Nora’s family, Martin raises the stakes and seems to remember that it is affection for Nora that keeps readers coming back. I think it may be the last book of the series, and it is a nice bookend to the first with enough closure t...more
Amanda
Fluffy stuff and nonsense, but fun characters and not-terribly-taxing storyline, rather bubblegum for the brain and perfect for passing time on a tedious commute.
Sharon
Fabulous...Just like all of Nancy Martin's "Blackbird" novels are!
Nina Monteiro
this book is a fun read hands down. but I only gave it 3 stars due to the amount of obnoxious ppl in it. Gee, everybody is practically worry free.
Let me tell you how much I detest her family! everybody abuses her good will and take advntage of her patience.
anyways, the story itself is not bad. but it is hard to believe that in a big city like Philly, everybody knows everybody as if it was a small town.
I also dislike the flow of the crime tips, I mean there is more details on the characters fa...more
Every time I open one of the blackbird sisters books I have a good idea of what I'm going to get. A little murder, a little mystery and of course, a little Mick and Nora. But this book had even more humor and charm than I have come to expect from its author. The sisters were in rare form and the reader is finally given an opportunity to meet the famed "blackbird parents" who are just as ridiculous as I'd always hoped they'd be. I for one, can't wait for Nora's next adventure (as long as Mick is...more
Cindy
I love this series, just found it and so enjoying these stories.
Jan
Nora is once again fighting to keep her crazy family from imploding when, right in the middle of Philadelphia's chocolate festival, her dearest friend's business partner is pushed to his death. While Nora tries to clear her friend, even more family chaos ensues and Mick the underworld love of her life reappears.

This is probably the best of the series and they have all been great fun. New characters and more complications left me anxious for the next installment.
Linda
Loved this installment of the Blackbird sisters. Lots if crazy fun that you've come to expect from them.
Julia
Nora Blackbird and her crazy sisters have returned in another story of murder and mayhem in Philadelphia. We discover some new family members in this story, along with the return of the elder Blackbirds, at long last. Have they matured enough to release sensible Nora from her financial duties to Blackbird Farm? Great clothes, lots of action and all those crazy kids help add to the charm of this latest Blackbird story.
Ramona
Outlandish characters make this mystery all the more fun. I picked it up at my local library on a whim. I can't wait to go back and read more in this series.
Mary Ann
There are a few surprises in store for Nora fans in this one. Not going to give anything away but the ending is not going to be anything what you could possibly anticipate. We finally get to meet the Blackbird parents and what a meeting it is. I am curious to see how this plot line plays out in the next novel. Nancy Martin just keeps honing her sense of timing and makes each read a delight.
Gail
The outrageous Blackbird family is back at it again. The Mainline Philadelphia social scene is again reported on by the intrepid and well-dressed Nora Blackbird, our heroine. Her crazy sisters are visited by their tax evading parents. A kind of mixed up plot but with engaging and crazy characters and everyone is cracking wise. Lots of guffaws, some beautiful coutiere and eccentric people.
mgd
You have to understand that the Blackbird Sisters mysteries are sort of Sex-in-the-city cozy mysteries, not hard-core suspense or ordinary cozies. They are very funny, and I just loved the parents, who are straight out of a 1940s screwball comedy starring Cary Grant and Kathrine Hepburn. They may be her best characters since her wonderfully silly dog in the second or third in the series.
Elise
This latest installment in the Blackbird series does not disappoint. It is still very funny and meets all the requirements for a cozy mystery. In fact, this series actually seems to be getting better. The characters are more developed, and the humor is wider ranging and often sophisticated. I really enjoyed it and hope there are more adventures of Nora to come.
Helen
What I hoped for: a little light chick lit wrapped around a mystery.

What I got: ableism, transphobia and a strong anti-abortion sentiment wrapped around a nonsensical murder plot and thoroughly unlikable characters.

The only highlights are the main character's nieces and nephews - unlike the rest of the family, they are genuinely charming.
Teddi
A better book in my opinion as the author toned down sister Libby (my most hated character!)
The best part was the little chase scene near the end including the new family member and his comments made the scene!
Onto book 8 and book 9 has just come out today. Don't really think i'm going to miss this series when its done....
Stacymlawrence
This was like a chick flick murder mystery which was RIGHT up my alley! i really enjoyed it and found myself loving the romance found within. i bought this book on impulse and wasn't sure what to think of it... i had never heard of the blackbird sister series but i was very impressed! what a cute book!
Andrea Larson
The first word that comes to mind is "lame." That could be because I just finished reading a Harlan Coben thriller, or I just didn't find this book as engaging as some I've read. The dialogue seemed contrived, or maybe, implausible is a better word. I won't be looking for more books by this author.
Lisa
I've loved all the books in this series from Nancy Martin. They're the perfect books to read in between other heavy subject matter. This one is probably my favorite of all. They're just light mysteries but I like all of the characters and the story keeps me interested.
  • Blue Blood (Debutante Dropout, #1)
  • Ham Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney, #7)
  • Alpine for You (Passport to Peril, #1)
  • Murder with All the Trimmings (Josie Marcus, Mystery Shopper, #4)
  • Revenge of the Wrought-Iron Flamingos (Meg Langslow, #3)
  • Ultraviolet (Jane Kelly, #3)
  • Killer Heels (Molly Forrester Mystery, #1)
  • Shoots to Kill (A Flower Shop Mystery, #7)
  • December Dread
  • Armed and Glamorous (Crime of Fashion, #6)
  • Murder of a Bookstore Babe (Scumble River Mystery, #13)
  • Murder on the Eightfold Path (Mantra for Murder, #3)
  • Pretty in Ink (Tattoo Shop Mystery, #2)
Winner of the 2009 Lifetime Achievement award for mystery writing from Romantic Times magazine, Nancy Martin announces the release of the 8th book in her popular Blackbird Sisters mystery series, NO WAY TO KILL A LADY. Set in Philadelphia, the story features three heiresses whose parents have run off with their trust funds. Now thay have a chance to regain their wealth when their aunt, "Madcap Mad...more
More about Nancy Martin...
How to Murder a Millionaire (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #1) Dead Girls Don't Wear Diamonds (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #2) Some Like it Lethal (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #3) Cross Your Heart and Hope to Die (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #4) Have Your Cake and Kill Him Too (Blackbird Sisters Mystery #5)