Start by marking “Emma 8 (Emma, #8)” as Want to Read:
Emma 8 (Emma, #8)

Emma 8 (Emma #8)

4.05  ·  Rating Details  ·  676 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
Emman ja hänen ystäviensä tarina jatkuu! Tarjolla on jälleen sekä koskettavia ihmiskohtaloita että upeaa ajankuvaa viktoriaanisesta Englannista. Tässä kirjassa ovat pääosissa mm. kihlattunsa hylkäämä Eleanor, palvelustyttö Tasha sekä nuori Kelly-rouva aviomiehineen.

Sarjakuva etenee takakannesta etukanteen ja oikealta vasemmalle. Suositellaan yli 12-vuotiaille.
Published 2010 by Sangatsu Manga (first published March 26th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Emma 8, please sign up.

L. Petunia Search the catalog of libraries:

If they're not near you, ask your local library about doing interlibrary loan.

K. F.
Aug 28, 2015 K. F. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, books-2015
Her side stories are my favorite, and this volume was nothing but side stories.
Jessica
Aug 07, 2012 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm surprised at the ratings. I enjoyed these stories even more than the regular series. The first nearly made me cry and the newspaper story was clever. I found all the short stories well crafted.
Jennifer (FFT Reviews)
3.5 Stars

A lovely mix of short stories that take place in the Emmaverse:

1. Young Mrs. Stowner and her husband dream about visiting the Great Exhibition.
2. Eleanor ventures to Brighton and has the possibility of a new romance in the horizon.
3. Vignettes around London connected by the London Times newspaper.
4. Emma's fellow maid, Tasha, spends a day off with her family.

My favorite was definitely the Eleanor story which made me happy. I also really liked the sweet, but bittersweet Mrs. Stowner stor
Alyce (At Home With Books)
If you are looking for another story about the love between Emma and William then you may be disappointed by this volume of the Emma series. This installment fleshes out the stories of some of the minor characters from earlier in the Emma books, and Emma hardly appears at all.

The quality of the art in these books is still superb, and if you like looking at detailed drawings of life in Victorian England then you should still like it.

My favorite storyline in this book was that of a young Mrs. Stow
Rachel
This volume is several short stories in the Emma-universe. The first story, about Ms. Stowner and her husband as a young couple, was a delight to read. It was great to see her as a young woman and to see what her life (like the lives of others in the Victorian age) was like, as well as to see how much she and Douglas loved each other.

The second story was about Eleanor after the events of Emma Volume 7. I can't say that I cared much, as I found her character not very likable, but it was still go
Jocilyn
Nov 05, 2013 Jocilyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mori Kaoru's Emma, Vol.08-10 act as a fun and heartwarming set of short-story denouement to the main series plot. Acting as an ex post-facto story arc, many of the minor characters we come to know from the main series are given treated to one of the following: a much deserved and fleshed out ending (as in the case of Eleanor *swoon*), an exposition that leads up to where we met them in the main series (as in Aurelia), a side-story that follows immediately after we we left off with them but doesn ...more
Robert Beveridge
Kaoru Mori, Emma, vol. 8 (CMX, 2009)

Emma finished with the end of vol. 7, and yet three more volumes were published. Vol. 8 revisits some old friends with slice-of-life stories that give us insights into their characters outside the main storyline. Of especial note is the first two-parter, which gives us a young Kelly Stowner and her husband Doug in an O. Henry-style plot to save up the two shilling they'll need to visit the first World's Fair (while Mori never explicitly mentions it, it's proba
Echo
Mar 08, 2011 Echo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This volume of Emma is a group of shorter stories revolving around some of the side characters in the series.
Eleanor hasn't ben my favorite character up to this point (which for me is actually only the fourth volume right now - I decided it was okay to read this one out of order since it isn't following the main storyline). All the same, her story was probably my favorite in the book, and I think I like her a little better now.
There is also a story that shows Mrs. Stowner and her husband visit
Mayday (m.i.d.e)
I remember I finished Emma when I was in my second year, but I think it was just volume 7. I am so glad I found this on a sale in a mall nearby campus before I headed back to my hometown. My friends patiently waited and helped me look for other volumes of Emma :D

And I fall in love again with Kaoru Mori's artwork. Sometimes I feel Emma is just like other soaps out there, but damn it I don't care, Emma's story is so heartbreaking T^T

This volume is mainly about other characters' lives, I am not com
Rachel
Apparently these next couple of volumes will tell the story of secondary characters in the Emma series. This volume starts out with the background story of Kelly, the former employer of Emma, and her new husband Doug. They go to the Great Exhibition at the Crystal Palace and are blown away. Eleanor and her sisters are in Brighton so she can get over William, and meets a friend of his instead, who she ends up liking. We catch a glimpse into the life of Tasha, Emma's friend at the Meredith house, ...more
Hedy
May 22, 2015 Hedy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: emme
I think it's a very romantic dramatic comedy that people should read cause once you start reading it you can't stop until you finish the whole book, It's amazing.
Mary Craven
Feb 23, 2016 Mary Craven rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short stories from the world of Emma. I particularly like the story telling us about Douglas and Kelly Stowner early married life.
Amy
Jan 29, 2015 Amy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Volume 7 was the last of the main story. Apparently the last three volumes are just side stories, which makes me a little sad.
Jean
I really liked the short stories even though I can't figure out who Bear is
Elena
Doug and Kellys' story is so cute and sweet! I loved it!
Céline :)
Aug 29, 2014 Céline :) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-reads
AWW this manga is just too cute! :)
Carrie
Jan 20, 2012 Carrie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Not sure why I'm continuing with the series, now that it's only about supplementary characters and Emma and William's story is pretty much over. I'm getting of tired of having to keep turning the pages peeking out of one eye, wondering when the inevitable nude scene will appear. It's so silly, it's not even related to anything romantic, it's usually just some women bathing or hanging around in their rooms with no clothes on.
Treasa
This is a collection of short stories about the characters from the Emma series. I didn't enjoy this volume as much as the previous 7, which all make up one big story. It was fun to see some of the background stories about the characters... but I just didn't like it quite as much. In don't generally like short stories, though, so this isn't very surprising.
Ashley
Heidi
This book was full of what Mori called "side stories." To me they felt like prequels and sequels to the main Emma & William story. While some were interesting, it overall was not what I wanted. I wanted to read about Emma and William. I never tired of them or their story. The rest was just "eh." And I'm worried that the Emma part will be over.
Sarai
Sep 13, 2009 Sarai rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a collection of short stories about some of the other characters in the Emma series, set in Victorian England. Some take place before Emma's story in volume 1-7, and some coincide.

As with the rest of the series, the drawings are fabulous and the historical detail is excellent.
♡Susanna
A nice book but I expected the whole series to be mostly about Emma (since it's named after her) so I was a little disappointed when that was not the case. This book was about other characters in the series: young Kelly and Doug, Violet and her lover plus Tasha and her family.
Helena
Nov 10, 2011 Helena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well to be honest, i was kind of disappointed with this volume. The transition between Emma and William's storyline was a little bit messy. It kept me wondering when they will pop-up. But think this is my second favorite volume all in all.
Ayu
Dec 16, 2008 Ayu rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, translation
2.5

kecewa, karena buku berjudul Emma ini malah tidak menghadirkan si Emma -_-. Untunglah ada kisah Crystal Palace.

Dan tampaknya masih akan bersambung lagi. semoga di nomor berikutnya ada kisah Emma *berdoa* :D
Lisa
May 28, 2012 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The more I read this series the more I love it. These last few "side story" volumes are even more wonderful, as far as the glimpse they give into Victorian England and its people's daily life and surroundings.
scarlettraces
the first in a series of volumes of shorts set in the emmaverse. i liked this a little less than the main story - eleanor's story in particular failed to convince. but it was still delicious.
Suvi
Sep 23, 2012 Suvi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mielestäni hieman tarpeeton jatko-osa Emma-sarjalle, en ollut missään vaiheessa erityisen kiinnostunut näistä sivuhenkilöistä, joiden juonenkäänteet haluttiin viedä loppuun omassa kirjassaan.
Julia
Mar 20, 2009 Julia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-manhwa
This volume starts the side stories in the Emma universe, little more than glimpses into their lives. Lovely details about Victorian life. Very short but quite satisfying.
Lauren
Oct 12, 2015 Lauren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I absolutely loved the Victorian era and reading about it plus romance is always a good thing. I was really excited to read this series and it didn't disappoint!
Jake Forbes
Cute, but the "Emmaverse" is a little too precious when you strip away the central melodrama. I do love Mori's attention to detail, though.
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 2  (Library Wars: Love & War #2)
  • Ōoku: The Inner Chambers, Volume 5 (Ōoku: The Inner Chambers / 大奥, #5)
  • Tramps Like Us, Volume 4
  • Wandering Son, Vol. 3
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 07 (Yotsuba&! #7)
  • Dramacon, Vol. 2
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 02
  • Love★Com, Vol. 4
  • Young Miss Holmes, Casebook 1-2
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 007 (Pluto, #7)
  • Otomen, Vol. 2 (Otomen, #2)
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 2
  • Nodame Cantabile, Vol. 12 (Nodame Cantabile, #12)
  • Children of the Sea, Volume 4 (Children of the Sea, #4)
  • Natsume's Book of Friends, Vol. 10
Kaoru Mori (森 薫) is a mangaka best known for her series "Emma". Many of her stories are set in Britain and center on characters who are maids.
More about Kaoru Mori...