Start by marking “Redeeming Stanley: A savage little tale of true love, old gods, bitches, bestiality, burnout, and above all, Payback.” as Want to Read:

3.27  ·  Rating Details  ·  40 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Hilarious at every turn, Redeeming Stanley is a fast, fun page-turner of a novel. If you’ve ever woken up and realized you were sleeping with someone way below you in the cosmic gene pool, this book is for you. If you’ve ever sought to redeem someone who is unredeemable , this book is for you. If you’ve ever wondered where the old gods hang out now, this book is for you. A ...more
Published (first published July 14th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Redeeming Stanley, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Redeeming Stanley

Daniel
Jan 19, 2013 Daniel rated it really liked it
"Redeeming Stanley" made me laugh. The characters are absurd, yet believable.

Bodie Parkhurst's writing style may throw some readers off, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Each chapter is named after and focuses on one character's point of view, including Annie, the main protagonist. Some of Annie's chapters are written in first-person, while the rest of the book is in third-person. Instead of being distracting, this switch in perspective helps drive the story forward and gives the reader a reason to
Shannon Steece
Mar 05, 2016 Shannon Steece rated it it was amazing
Wickedly funny and exceptionally well-written. If you're into old gods, urban fantasy and twisted tales, this book is for you. Ms. Parkhurst has an excellent grasp on character, voice and plot.
Greg
Apr 26, 2012 Greg rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor
I thought this a pretty funny and well written book, with an unusual plot. What if Satan got tired of being Satan, yet took on one last contact to prove he still "had it?"

It's a funny book, in a dry humor, kind of way. You might not laugh out loud, but you'll chuckle and smile (and shake your head a few times too).
Lisa Wightman
Jan 27, 2013 Lisa Wightman rated it really liked it
What can I say? This gas to be one of the weirdest books I have ever read! Bizarre just doesn't come close, but saying that, I did enjoy it and it was a very easy read, unlike a lot of off beat books. Oddly the storyline was really easy to follow and I would probably read another from this author.
Lori
Aug 31, 2011 Lori rated it did not like it
Shelves: audiobooks
I was looking for a "filler" audiobook for a short drive, the price was right on Itunes $2.95. I had purchased a few $2.95 audiobooks on Itunes that had turned out to be pretty good. Unfortunatly I could not get into this book. Halfway through my drive i switched to another book. The story for me was not very interesting and had the feeling of "jumping" from one thing to another. The narrator Autumn Woodland,uses the same voice for each character. There is no distinction between the characters. ...more
Marian Allen
Jun 23, 2012 Marian Allen rated it it was amazing
The only reason I gave REDEEMING STANLEY five stars is that there aren't six stars. The title is both accurate and misleading: The definitions are unexpected, shifting, and as deep as the collective unconscious.

Terry Pratchett with an American accent. Brilliant!
Georgena
Jul 17, 2012 Georgena rated it liked it
Hard to understand who is who. Too much cursing.
Tisha
Jul 05, 2014 Tisha rated it really liked it
Fast, fun read. Great Summer poolside book :)
Ms. Celaneous
Ms. Celaneous rated it it was ok
Jun 26, 2016
Suthir
Suthir marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Bre
Bre added it
Mar 31, 2016
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Brenda H
Brenda H marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
PJ
PJ marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Jenna Watts
Jenna Watts marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Karee Dickey
Karee Dickey rated it really liked it
May 27, 2015
Josetta
Josetta marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Chip Chamberlain
Chip Chamberlain rated it it was ok
Apr 17, 2015
Gary
Gary marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Terry
Terry marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Sharon Burns
Sharon Burns rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2015
Jayne Capps
Jayne Capps marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
E.Gadoury
E.Gadoury rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2015
Maureen Lachance
Maureen Lachance rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Stephanie Robello
Stephanie Robello marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
j l maund
j l maund rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2014