Start by marking “Pure Dead Trouble Pure Dead Trouble” as Want to Read:
Pure Dead Trouble Pure Dead Trouble
Preview

Pure Dead Trouble Pure Dead Trouble (Pure Dead #4)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  346 ratings  ·  14 reviews
After a vacation in Italy, the Strega-Borgia clan arrives home to a shocking discovery: their faithful butler Latch lying comatose on the front doorstep, reeking faintly of sulphur. Horrified and troubled, Titusand Pandora suspect this may be an omen of bad fortune, but both are soon distracted by their own problems.
Only Nanny McLachlan realizes the truth: Whatever it was
Published February 18th 2009 by Random House Children's Books (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Pure Dead Trouble Pure Dead Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pure Dead Trouble Pure Dead Trouble

Bobby
I loved the first two books of these series but I didn't like the third as much and figured I was getting too old for it. In the interests of finishing what I had started, I put the last three books on my Christmas wishlist. After having received them, I'd finished them by the day after Boxing Day. These books, as a series, are very readable - even if the toilet humour does become a bit overwhelming after a while. This was really the turning point of the set for me: the point in which all the bo ...more
Clare O'Beara
I like that these books are set mainly in Scotland. They come with a loch monster, midges, crumbling castles and so on.
The cast list in this book is quite long and the story has been well under way in three previous books, but the mother of this family is a student witch, her kids, husband, butler, nanny and so on put up with her and we don't see where they get their money. There are various creatures around such as a talking tarantula, a scaredy dragon and a centaur.
In this book there is also a
Sally
Whoa, I have a whole page of rambled notes on this! Another I grabbed at the book swap for the pretty cover. Took it with me to Vienna, finished it before I was even at Gatwick.

It started off really fun, meeting the Strega-Borgia family on their way home from Milan, at Glasgow airport. They were rather Addams-ish and seemed interesting... but then we kind of went away from them, wtf? It was kind of annoying, to introduce such great characters and then suddenly move right away from them and onto
Hannah Smith
A nice refresher after the last Pure Dead book. Love the style and story as a kid and now
Carissa
another solid entry into the “pure dead” series. somewhat like the addams family, the thing about this series that first drew me in was reading that the children were named Titus, Pandora and Damp (she’s the baby). This volume has its fair share of explosions and mythical creatures, but the word that keeps rolling around in my head like a marble is the name of their breakfast cereal of choice: miserablios.
Shari Ruiz
Had to read because it was the book chosen for my book gang! Was an absoloute drag it took me...gasp... 3 weeks to read! At least I get to pick the next one so at least theres that... You've been warned!!!
Miss Clark
Shaunesay Eslanai
A very funny kids series, described as Mary Poppins meets the Addams family, and I think that's a great description. A lot of fun, I recommend it!
Elevetha
I own this copy and the British version as well.
Alex
Dec 07, 2008 Alex marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
looks like a good book can't wait!!
Yenga Yan
Aka 'Deep Trouble'
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Vmarkos
Vmarkos marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Jessica You
Jessica You marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Meredith Sandoe
Meredith Sandoe marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Jenni
Jenni marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Corinne Allen
Corinne Allen marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
  • The Secret of Castle Cant: Being an Account of the Remarkable Adventures of Lucy Wickwright, Maidservant and Spy
  • Doctor Illuminatus (The Alchemist’s Son, #1)
  • Frognapped (Araminta Spookie, #3)
  • Eight of Swords
  • Edinburgh (Horrible Histories)
  • The Silver Dolphin (Mermaid Curse, #1)
  • The Great Blue Yonder
  • Ruby Lu, Empress of Everything
  • Into the Woods
  • Confessions of an Average Half-Vampire (Book 1)
  • Shadows in the Starlight (Changeling #2)
  • The Secret Country
  • Shadow Spell (Seven Sorcerers #2)
  • Princess Alyss of Wonderland
  • The Haunting of Granite Falls
  • The Lighthouse Land (Lighthouse Trilogy, #1)
  • The Peskie Spell (Fairy Realm, #9)
Debi Gliori (born 1959) is a Scottish author and illustrator of children's books.
She grew up as an only child in Glasgow, and when young began drawing and writing stories. She started writing children's books in 1976, and attended art school in Edinburgh from 1979 to 1984. She then received a travelling scholarship award to go to Milan, and worked as a freelance from 1984 onwards.
She is the author
More about Debi Gliori...

Pure Dead (7 books)
  • Pure Dead Magic (Pure Dead #1)
  • Pure Dead Wicked (Pure Dead, #2)
  • Pure Dead Brilliant (Pure Dead #3)
  • Pure Dead Batty (Pure Dead #5)
  • Pure Dead Frozen (Pure Dead #6)
  • Pure Dead Magic / Pure Dead Wicked / Pure Dead Brilliant
Pure Dead Magic (Pure Dead #1) No Matter What Pure Dead Wicked (Pure Dead, #2) Pure Dead Brilliant (Pure Dead #3) Pure Dead Batty (Pure Dead #5)