Start by marking “Pure Dead Trouble Pure Dead Trouble” as Want to Read:
Pure Dead Trouble Pure Dead Trouble

Pure Dead Trouble Pure Dead Trouble (Pure Dead #4)

After a vacation in Italy, the Strega-Borgia clan arrives home to a shocking discovery: their faithful butler Latch lying comatose on the front doorstep, reeking faintly of sulphur. Horrified and troubled, Titusand Pandora suspect this may be an omen of bad fortune, but both are soon distracted by their own problems.
Only Nanny McLachlan realizes the truth: Whatever it was
Published February 18th 2009 by Random House Children's Books (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Pure Dead Trouble Pure Dead Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pure Dead Trouble Pure Dead Trouble

Bobby
Dec 30, 2010 Bobby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the first two books of these series but I didn't like the third as much and figured I was getting too old for it. In the interests of finishing what I had started, I put the last three books on my Christmas wishlist. After having received them, I'd finished them by the day after Boxing Day. These books, as a series, are very readable - even if the toilet humour does become a bit overwhelming after a while. This was really the turning point of the set for me: the point in which all the bo ...more
Sally
Whoa, I have a whole page of rambled notes on this! Another I grabbed at the book swap for the pretty cover. Took it with me to Vienna, finished it before I was even at Gatwick.

It started off really fun, meeting the Strega-Borgia family on their way home from Milan, at Glasgow airport. They were rather Addams-ish and seemed interesting... but then we kind of went away from them, wtf? It was kind of annoying, to introduce such great characters and then suddenly move right away from them and onto
Clare O'Beara
I like that these books are set mainly in Scotland. They come with a loch monster, midges, crumbling castles and so on.
The cast list in this book is quite long and the story has been well under way in three previous books, but the mother of this family is a student witch, her kids, husband, butler, nanny and so on put up with her and we don't see where they get their money. There are various creatures around such as a talking tarantula, a scaredy dragon and a centaur.
In this book there is also a
Carissa
Apr 25, 2008 Carissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: juvenile
another solid entry into the “pure dead” series. somewhat like the addams family, the thing about this series that first drew me in was reading that the children were named Titus, Pandora and Damp (she’s the baby). This volume has its fair share of explosions and mythical creatures, but the word that keeps rolling around in my head like a marble is the name of their breakfast cereal of choice: miserablios.
Shari Ruiz
Had to read because it was the book chosen for my book gang! Was an absoloute drag it took me...gasp... 3 weeks to read! At least I get to pick the next one so at least theres that... You've been warned!!!
Alex
Dec 07, 2008 Alex marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
looks like a good book can't wait!!
Brett
Jan 09, 2010 Brett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: juvenile-fantasy
Just awesome.
Yenga Yan
Aka 'Deep Trouble'
Shaunesay Eslanai
Apr 16, 2010 Shaunesay Eslanai rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very funny kids series, described as Mary Poppins meets the Addams family, and I think that's a great description. A lot of fun, I recommend it!
Dave Clark
Feb 17, 2012 Dave Clark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Hannah Smith
Sep 14, 2014 Hannah Smith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice refresher after the last Pure Dead book. Love the style and story as a kid and now
Carterkempgmail.Com
Funny, but the vocabulary and dialect are likely to make this book bewildering to all but the most sophisticated (elementary school) readers.
Elevetha
I own this copy and the British version as well.
Miss Clark
Angela9600
Aug 26, 2013 Angela9600 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very Good.
Emma
Emma rated it really liked it
May 23, 2015
Laura rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2010
Katherine
Katherine rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2013
Becca
Becca rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2012
Christina Janz
Christina Janz rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2013
Alina Khonesvanh
Alina Khonesvanh rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2012
Robbie
Robbie rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2016
Michele Brenton
Michele Brenton rated it it was ok
Apr 27, 2012
Sydney
Sydney rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2013
Jamie Lymer
Jamie Lymer rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2014
Timothy
Timothy rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2011
Nemo
Nemo rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2012
Jemma Thompson
Jemma Thompson rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2012
Lynn
Lynn rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2010
Jennifer rated it it was ok
Dec 03, 2011
  • Doctor Illuminatus (The Alchemist’s Son, #1)
  • Ruby Lu, Empress of Everything
  • Eight of Swords
  • Water Thief (Universal Companions, #1)
  • The Vengeful Half
  • Curses & Ash (Coral & Bone, #2)
  • The Secret of Castle Cant: Being an Account of the Remarkable Adventures of Lucy Wickwright, Maidservant and Spy
  • The Silver Dolphin (Mermaid Curse, #1)
  • Frognapped (Araminta Spookie, #3)
  • Confessions of an Average Half-Vampire (Book 1)
  • The Smashing Saxons
  • Into the Woods (Eden sisters, #1)
  • The Secret Country
  • Shadows in the Starlight (Changeling #2)
  • Shadow Spell (Seven Sorcerers #2)
  • The Haunting of Granite Falls
  • Princess Alyss of Wonderland
Debi Gliori (born 1959) is a Scottish author and illustrator of children's books.
She grew up as an only child in Glasgow, and when young began drawing and writing stories. She started writing children's books in 1976, and attended art school in Edinburgh from 1979 to 1984. She then received a travelling scholarship award to go to Milan, and worked as a freelance from 1984 onwards.
She is the author
More about Debi Gliori...

Pure Dead (7 books)
  • Pure Dead Magic (Pure Dead #1)
  • Pure Dead Wicked (Pure Dead, #2)
  • Pure Dead Brilliant (Pure Dead #3)
  • Pure Dead Batty (Pure Dead #5)
  • Pure Dead Frozen (Pure Dead #6)
  • Pure Dead Magic / Pure Dead Wicked / Pure Dead Brilliant