Start by marking “Интернет етикет (Добрите обноски)” as Want to Read:
Интернет етикет (Добрите обноски)

Интернет етикет (Добрите обноски)

3.38  ·  Rating Details  ·  345 Ratings  ·  98 Reviews
Едва ли някой ще отрече, че в последните години интернет комуникацията започва да измества всички познати ни до момента начини за общуване – и в личен, и в професионален план. И тази промяна се осъществява с доста бързи темпове. Имейлът, съобщенията в skype и други подобни програми, смартфоните – всички тези чудеса на техниката – внесоха редица предимства и улеснения във в ...more
Published 2009 by Слънце (first published April 17th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Интернет етикет, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Интернет етикет

Shashi Martynova
и после 15 лет беспробудного емейлинга нашла для себя полезного. рекомендую кому угодно в качестве конспекта емель-этикета.
Mike Van Campen
Aug 05, 2007 Mike Van Campen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who uses e-mail, which is really everyone at this point
This is actually a very helpful little book. Many of the reviews I have seen slam it for being too obvious. Yes, there is some very simple advice but advice that I--and some folks who communicate with me--need to be reminded of anyway. In addition, there is some really valuable advice on lesser discussed e-mail etiquette issues (e.g. BCC, forwarding, subject line, etc.) Plus, it is mildly amusing. I just wish someone could tell me how to keep my in-box clean.
Kate
Aug 31, 2007 Kate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: my bosses
Recommended to Kate by: Scott
Wow, I wish my boss would read this book.

The most comforting part for me (and my overflowing inbox) was when the authors said "while email has speeded up the world, our correspondence patterns remain the same. Physicist Alberto-Laszlo Barabasi came to this conclusion when he compared the time it took Darwin and Einstein to reply to letters with the time it takes email users to reply to their messages. The famous letter writers and the emailers he studied answered an equal percentage of letters
Sarah Eiseman
Jun 04, 2013 Sarah Eiseman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted on Sarahsbookshelf.com:

I’m in the process of preparing a workshop on using email with some folks at a local library. We have our provider picked out and I’ve mapped out all the steps to get them from point A to point B in that program, but I started thinking about what came after those technical steps were finished. Some research within my consortium pointed me to this book, written by David Shipley and Will Schwalbe. Although it’s a little dated now, many of the key points are
Armand
Feb 07, 2015 Armand rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
This book would be better suited as an article. It was well written, but the majority of the information was too obvious.
Marsha
May 01, 2012 Marsha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book goes into exhaustive detail all the does and don’ts about email, its proper usage and its place in the modern world. It didn’t cause the destruction of the handwritten letter (that was done by the telephone) and it can be a power tool when properly utilized. The two authors go into this along with instructions about sending email correctly (who hasn’t sent an email to the wrong person or hasn’t quite mastered the “blind” email sending?) and when not to use it. A handy home guide, this ...more
Jostalady
This book has been recommended to me by many people that I respect. This is the abridged version and has hit on very useful information that will greatly improve the email culture I am immersed in, including my own approach to email. I am disappointed in myself for getting this version. I have a feeling there is a section in the unabridged version on how to organize and become efficient with incoming email, so now I am going to to have to get my hands the unabridged...eventually.
Luca
Jan 30, 2015 Luca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finished it like a week ago and I must say it's such an interesting experience. It is a very easy read and somehow mixed feelings. I was doubting about reading this book, I thought I am e-mailing for like ages and I know all there is to it. It's just e-mail, right ? Well, yes and no. There are certainly quite a few things which you would recognize but that means recognizing while reading it that you should really do what's in there. There are very good bits and pieces of info that I wrote in m ...more
Stephanie
Aug 15, 2014 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book on the common mistakes we make with the world of email. Excellent read for those in the business world and even those that email (so... everyone) to learn how to do this properly.
Duong Nguyen
Feb 11, 2016 Duong Nguyen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Asking Democratic President Candidate Hilary Clinton for her email practice that Republican Party love to point out, She cleverly requested a copy of this book to her associate and follow some of this book advice. Many people who inadvertently make trivial mistakes that cost them careers, lovers, their future and even landing them in jail due to their careless writing. If you are professional who need to use email everyday then this book should be placed beside your computer and you learn this l ...more
Katie G
Basically a lighthearted reminder to use emotional intelligence when sending emails, so as not to be an ass.

Most of the advice is common sense that applies to general social interactions. I was hoping for more tips on managing inbox overflow, how long is too long (as opposed to just mirroring others), and better sign-offs than "Best" (authors' suggestion: "As ever").

A quick and pleasant enough read that summarizes other work I've read on email etiquette, but I'm not walking away with many new co
Sue
Sep 06, 2008 Sue rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
This book seems like a gimmick book to me--like the two authors thought they could get it published, so they wrote it. I got it as a gift and didn't read it at first (I e-mail all the time and don't really have any questions or issues), but my sister-in-law said she doesn't like e-mailing and really liked this book, so I read it. It held my interest for its short length, mostly because the authors are present in voice and examples, and I was interested in them (head of NYT Op-Ed page, and head o ...more
Christi
Summary: In Send : the Essential Guide to Email for Office and Home, authors David Shipley and Will Schwalbe explore email, what it is, and how best to use it. They explain the anatomy of the Email providing an overview of misused and ignored features such as Cc and Bcc options, signature block, and flags. They also explain the appropriateness of email, what to include in the email, and legal situations for business professionals.

Review: Send : the Essential Guide to Email for Office and Home is
mahatma
ini dapet dari obralan di gramed amplas yogya.
tertarik beli semula hanya karena disain sampulnya didisain bagus dan judulnya unik. lalu, setelah buka-buka, tertarik lebih jauh untuk beli.

pada dasarnya, ini adalah perkara etika membuat email. suatu sarana komunikasi yang menggantikan percakapan langsung via telepon [email bukan menggantikan surat! demikian ditekankan oleh kedua pengarangnya].
email memiliki kelebihan dibandingkan dengan percakapan langsung, dengan surat maupun dengan IM. kapan kit
Lydia
Jun 03, 2016 Lydia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business, non-fiction
Send is full of amusing examples of things can unintentionally change the meaning of your email, like:

- Using a formal salutation vs. a friendly one.
- Whether you mirror the tone of the email you are replying to (replying to a lengthy, heartfelt email with a single word answer can easily be misread).
- Sarcasm, the meaning of which is often lost.

Another sound bit of advice is to always question the necessity of the email, and whether it's the best medium for your message. The book provides altern
Garrett
Jan 29, 2016 Garrett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another physical book. I had to read it for work, so it's outside my normal books to read. If you've never sent a business email or if your emails confuse people or if you just want a better understanding of why people send dumb emails or you have meetings that should have been an email.
Anyway, I can see why this is required reading for an entry level job. Otherwise, you have people sending terrible emails.
Olga
Jun 09, 2009 Olga rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who (uses email) and ever thought about how they email
Recommended to Olga by: Jeneva Chao in her presentation on the NW eLearn
Shelves: e-life
I am a hard grader, so three starts means "I liked it." I used it and got something from it. It does not means the book was mediocre. It was not groundbreaking either, but very useful and practical.

What types of emails are there?
Is it true that email is a distraction while you work?
What's the difference between email that asks us to do something and the one that doesn't?
How and when use forward, cc, bcc?
What can you do if you're sorely behind in your email? (last resort)
What can other people pos
Andrew Shaffer
Jun 24, 2015 Andrew Shaffer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book does not include tips on sorting, prioritizing, or archiving your email, so I don't know if it really is the "essential" guide to email that it's subtitle claims. This is an etiquette book, plain and simple.
Duane
Feb 04, 2016 Duane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
Mostly common sense, but good guidance. Probably not necessary for you unless you've been experiencing a lot of frustration communicating with colleagues via email, and haven't been able to figure it out.
Carl
Dec 19, 2007 Carl rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's a lot here that's obvious and meant for an audience who are not in their 20s and haven't worked long in white collar jobs where email is used on a constant basis. That said, it did offer some helpful tips that I used shortly after reading the book. The best example was how the word 'please' can easily be misconstrued and convey a frosty tone of impatience. What this book has going for it is its small size (it would seem pointless to be carrying a giant hardcover around about a system tha ...more
Eileen
Feb 23, 2013 Eileen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was an ok read but some of the info was outdated. One of the authors was the author of another book I liked-the end of your life bookclub-that is really the reason why I downloaded this book. Learned a few interesting tips and some background about email. The acronym in the title! SEND:

S stands for Simple.

E stands for Effective.

N stands for Necessary.

D stands for Done.”

Excerpt From: David Shipley & Will Schwalbe. “Send (Revised Edition).” Knopf, 2008-09-02. iBooks.
This material may be prote
Jenny
Aug 03, 2011 Jenny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
If you've ever been a boss or worked for a boss, you should read this book! All of the advice is mostly common sense but it still bears repeating. If you don't have time to read the book, at least try to remember their mnemonic for sending good emails: SEND
S is for simple
E is for effective
N is for necessary
D is for done (like what do you want accomplished with this email and how are you going to follow up to make sure it gets done)

Lastly, two pieces of advice from the authors: 1. Think before yo
David Elizardi
NYTimes
Daniel Goleman great review
Lisa Kosak
Useful resource if you are new to emailing

Very basic book on emailing and adequate guidance on how to email for effectiveness and to maintain professionalism. I was hoping for more examples on structure and brevity.
minervasowl
Mar 21, 2008 minervasowl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little more than a year ago I started the first job I have ever had which involves a *lot* of e-mail.

It's a fairly casual atmosphere, and I think that my writing skills are more developed than that of my co-workers (and our customers who are fairly techno-phobic as a group), but I wanted some pointers on making my communication more business appropriate. At the same time, I didn't want to read something too stiff and formal.

Send has a good sense of humor, along with good examples and practical
Cball
Dec 27, 2010 Cball rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: adults
Shelves: tech, non-fiction
A book just on email. Love the idea. I teach many many classes on organizing email so I am constantly on the hunt for new tips and tricks. Sadly, this book didn't fill that need. HOWEVER, it did give some nice ideas on who to address, who to CC, when to Bcc, etc. I like the "etiquette" of email perspective and have put some of their protocols to good use. I recommend this to professionals in most fields who need a bit of perspective on their email use.
Shonna Froebel
Nov 25, 2012 Shonna Froebel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great guide for email, guiding the reader through when, and when not, to use email for communication. Advice is given for avoiding miscommunication, often a problem with email due to the lack of tone of voice and body language. The authors even help with those situations where you've sent something you shouldn't have.
I consider myself pretty good when it comes to email etiquette, but I still learned a few things from this book. Definitely a good choice.
Jen
Aug 03, 2007 Jen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: workrelated
I checked this out from the library because of relevance to my job - I sometimes write some corporate communications.

The first half of this book was a bit of a letdown - I know that some people use communication tools stupidly, but I was still disappointed to find that the advice was so obvious. The last few chapters were a little more subtle, though, and it was interesting to see how other people break down and solve some of the common email questions.

Jul 06, 2009 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
An etiquette guide for using email. A lot of what the book has to say seems like it should be common sense, but I speak from personal experience when I say that the books points aren't obvious to everyone. It reads pretty quick and has a little bit of humor injected into it, most of which won't make you groan.

It should be read just so you can casually recommend it to your co-workers who may need a little help with their email etiquette.
Katie
Jul 23, 2011 Katie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the most comprehensive book on emailing I've ever read. If you use email at all - read it, skim it, send it, delete it - you should read this book. If every person who ever entered the workforce received a copy of Send, there would be fewer email miscommunications. One might think that s/he doesn't have to read a book explaining how to best email, but that person would be wrong. Read it (and then email someone about it).
  • Keep It Real: Everything You Need to Know About Researching and Writing Creative Nonfiction
  • The Mindful Writer: Noble Truths of the Writing Life
  • The I Hate to Cook Book
  • I Sold My Soul on eBay: Viewing Faith through an Atheist's Eyes
  • Damn! Why Didnt I Write That?: How Ordinary People are Raking in $100,000.00 or More Writing Nonfiction Books & How You Can Too!
  • The Power of an Hour: Business and Life Mastery in One Hour a Week
  • Inventing the Truth: The Art and Craft of Memoir
  • Marketing in the Age of Google: Your Online Strategy Is Your Business Strategy
  • Ten Steps to Advancing College Reading Skills, Levels 9-13, Instructor's Edition (Townsend Press Reading Series)
  • Spunk & Bite: A Writer's Guide to Punchier, More Engaging Language & Style
  • Errors and Expectations: A Guide for the Teacher of Basic Writing
  • Tell It Slant: Writing and Shaping Creative Nonfiction
  • Only as Good as Your Word: Writing Lessons from My Favorite Literary Gurus
  • Religions
  • How to Write a Children's Book and Get It Published
  • The Virginia Woolf Writers' Workshop: Seven Lessons to Inspire Great Writing
  • Writing Is My Drink: A Writer's Story of Finding Her Voice (and a Guide to How You Can Too)
  • Write. 10 Days to Overcome Writer's Block. Period.
Will Schwalbe left his job as senior vice president and editor in chief of a book publishing company to do a New Media startup. He also speaks frequently about email and information overload. Previously, he was a journalist, writing articles for such publications as The New York Times, the South China Morning Post, Insight for Asian Investors, Ms. Magazine, and Business Traveller Asia.
His website
More about David Shipley...