Start by marking “You Must Remember This: Easy Tricks & Proven Tips to Never Forget Anything, Ever Again” as Want to Read:

Quick! Name the planets in the solar system! Not so easy, is it? All the facts and scraps of knowledge we’ve learned throughout our education can be forgotten over time, and are often impossible to recall when we need them most (i.e., an intense game of Trivial Pursuit!). But with You Must Remember This, all those facts and trivia will come flooding back, for good. From th ...more
Published August 10th 2010 by Broadway Books (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about You Must Remember This, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Must Remember This

Tom
Apr 24, 2011 Tom rated it it was ok
Essentially a trivia book (and listed under the subject "Reference--Trivia"), You Must Remember This is a compendium of mnemonic devices, most of which we learned as children. The emphasis is on rote memorization, which is not true learning, and should not be used as a substitute for understanding a subject. The book doesn't go into any depth about memory itself and how it works, and only a couple of passages give concrete tips on how to improve memory in certain situations, like remembering ...more
Chuck Roberts
Jan 12, 2012 Chuck Roberts rated it did not like it
If you are looking for a memory improvement book, this is NOT the one. 99.9% of this book is just mnemonic phrases that one learns in childhood. There are a couple of ones that I hadn't seen before, but not worth it. I am looking for a book that helps me build my own mnemonic system for remembering things. This books spends a couple pages outlining a couple, but it doesn't go into any depth; it is not very helpful.
NK
Nov 12, 2012 NK rated it it was ok
I was expecting something different from this book. It basically gave specifics from literature to the solar system among other topics which I didn't find useful. I wanted a more overall way of helping my memory & this wasn't it. I don't care about certain details of history or science per say. I didn't even bother finishing it since I found it to be more of a waste. Seems like something that those in school would find useful.
Fouzia Bencheikh
Jun 14, 2013 Fouzia Bencheikh rated it it was ok
I bought this book in the hopes that I would learn some tips and tricks that would improve my memory. As a commenter below mentioned, this book is essentially a trivia book --which is disappointing as it seems to marketed as something more substantial. However, the trivia it does contain is interesting enough.
Audrey Slone
Audrey Slone rated it did not like it
Oct 01, 2010
Sarah rated it it was ok
Feb 17, 2014
Legallykoko
Legallykoko rated it it was ok
Oct 31, 2011
Robert Heckner
Robert Heckner rated it liked it
Oct 05, 2015
Shelley
Shelley rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2016
Bev West
Bev West rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2016
Robert Seltzer
Robert Seltzer rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2015
Ellen
Ellen rated it did not like it
Sep 23, 2014
Samantha
Samantha rated it really liked it
May 27, 2014
Lyndsay
Lyndsay rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2011
Celina
Celina rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2011
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2010
Charriza
Charriza marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2010
Slone
Slone marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2011
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2011
Tessa
Tessa marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2011
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
May 06, 2011
Kisore
Kisore marked it as to-read
May 26, 2011
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2011
Good Book Fairy
Good Book Fairy marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2011
Nicole42305
Nicole42305 marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2011
Rosanne
Rosanne marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2011
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2012
Melissa B
Melissa B marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2012
Andrea Schultz
Andrea Schultz marked it as to-read
May 06, 2012
David
David marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Grayson
Grayson marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2012
Julie
Julie added it
Apr 12, 2013
Laura Hughes
Laura Hughes marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2013
Dorca
Dorca marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2013
S
S marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2013
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Toby
Toby marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Adrianna Ibrahim
Adrianna Ibrahim marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Lise
Lise marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2016
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015