The Ghost Shrink, the Accidental Gigolo, & the Poltergeist Accountant (Karmic Consultants, #1)

The Ghost Shrink, the Accidental Gigolo, & the Poltergeist Accountant (Karmic Consultants #1)

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  432 ratings  ·  60 reviews

It’s not smart to piss off a poltergeist…

A Tickle My Fantasy story.

It’s bad enough to be sexually frustrated. But as a medium, it means until Lucy Cartwright gets some, she’s doomed. Oh no, not to death. Worse. To nightly visitations by recently deceased, wanna-be Cassanovas without the bodies to back it up. Then a living, breathing fantasy arrives on her doorstep, and L

Published February 17th 2009 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

Mrs. Missive
I found this book browsing around Mary Hughes' website. I was VERY interested in the topic, because I was working with a similar idea and was curious to see how Vivi Andrews handled the topic herself. I think I may have stumbled upon a new favorite author.

The Ghost Shrink takes us into a world where mediums help ghosts pass over or "transend". Lucy is an employee of the business that processes these cases.

Lucy gets a special group of ghosts who are basically horney professionals. Due to her own...more
Jodi
This novella could have used a stronger editor. It had some seriously cute moments. Our heroine is a medium who helps ghosts resolve their issues so they can get to the other side. But lately all her ghosts are sexually frustrated and think she can help them with that particular issue. Her boss tells her it's because she's sexually frustrated. And she is until a sexy PI shows up needing to talk to the next ghost scheduled to show up at her door. It turns out he was murdered and the PI needs info...more
Nancy
With this title, what's not to like? Lucy Carmichael is a medium. She helps the dead resolve their "issues" so that they can pass on. Lately all of her "clients" seem to have been sexually deprived while living because they sure want her now that they're not! Her boss thinks she needs to get laid so this type of ghost will back off. Lucy agrees with the thought, however; admitting this to her boss isn't gonna happen.

So, when someone bangs on her door, she gets the idea that Karma, the boss, has...more
♡Karlyn P♡
Cute short story, an off-beat romance romp with some nutty ghosts
PepperP0t (ireadthatbook.com)
Fun!

This is a very brief read that can be done in a couple of hours. We meet Lucy Cartright a counselor for the recently departed of a certain persuasion. Lucy has more ghostly business than she'd like to be able to handle right now. What she'd like is get her hands on a real live guy to while away an afternoon or ten! Enter Jake Cox guy extraordinaire who can fulfill those fantasies that Lucy can't stop having. But -- business first can Lucy persuade her latest client to go toward the light so...more
A quick, fun paranormal romance novella. This is a sort of prequel to "The Ghost Exterminator" (it contains the story of two minor characters from that book). Although I usually like a bit more story than novellas contain, this one was the perfect length for the story being told. It was amusing, I liked the characters, and I wasn't annoyed by their instant chemistry (why I wasn't annoyed, I'm not sure, because generally I do not enjoy stuff like that). Not the most amazing story ever, but I enjo...more
Tracy
3.5 Stars.
I picked up The Ghost Shrink, The Accidental Gigolo & The Poltergeist Accountant after reading the second story in the Karmic Consultants series, The Ghost Exterminator. I enjoyed that full length novel so much that I had to start from the beginning with the novella that started it all, and while I admit I enjoyed The Ghost Exterminator quite a bit more, The Ghost Shrink, The Accidental Gigolo & The Poltergeist Accountant was cute and fun.

Lucy Cartwright is a medium, but she's...more
Steph
The title of this one is almost as long as the story, but this little book is packed with laughs. Lucy is the Ghost Shrink, or so she considers herself. She "helped the deceased work through their issues and move on to the next plane. The white light. Whatever."

Her boss just happens to be Karma, "pure sex. Walking, talking sensuality." Lucy classifies herself as the girl next door and she's having a bit of dry spell in the sex department. To top off that bitter piece of cake, her sexual drought...more
Jeannie Lin
Hooked from page 1! This is the sort of story that makes me hunker down and devour it whole.

Lucy Cartwright is a Ghost Shrink who helps the newly dead work out their issues and transcend. Lately there's been a slew of horny ghosts showing up in her apartment at night, to hilarious effect. When her boss reveals that it's her own sexual frustration somehow calling out to the spirit realm, Lucy is mortified. When sexy Jake Cox shows up at her door, Lucy's libido responds in a pounce-first-ask-quest...more
Calisto
Lucy is a sexually frustrated ghost shrink who seems to only attract 'clients' with similar pre-death problems. Enter Jake, the gigolo her boss sends her in order to solve her 'frustrations'. Or so she thought. Of course, Jake is anything but a gigolo. He's an ubber hot PI looking for information to put away a dangerous mob boss with the help of a sexually frustrated - and newly dead - accountant who is sure to visit Lucy. Madcap amusement ensues.

This is a short and amusing niblet. Lucy is cute...more
"Purple Angel"
This was a very quick read, and I really wish it was longer, but it was still absolutely adorable. A great little story, and a very intriguing plot.

Lucy is a shrink and helps ghosts come to terms with the fact that they are dead. She helps them transcend and move on. She has a tendency to attract the horny, sexually repressed male ghosts, because she is so frustrated, herself.

Enter Jake Cox, P.I. Sinfully hunky, and the brother of Lucy's boss. He needs help with a murder case, and his sister,...more
Cherie
As a consultant to the dead, Lucy Cartwright receives nightly visits from the dead, usually from horny or sexually frustrated ghosts who have trouble moving on for one reason or another. But when she's visited by a live, hunky PI named Jake Cox who's investigating a murder and believes one of Lucy's ghosts has the answers he seeks, the sexual sparks between them are immediate and potent. Unfortunately, until Lucy's Cassanova ghost pays her a visit, the hookup between her and Jake is an itch that...more
Brandi Doctoroff
This "cheesy" paranormal romance had me from the first line. It is a quick novella, but I just couldn't put it down. The title is what captured me originally, but the fun didn't stop there. Poor Lucy is a medium that has a lot of pent up sexual frustration, and until that gets resolved she will be visited by extremely horny ghosts. Lucy's boss, Karma (isn't that adorable!) has called to let Lucy know that in order for these ghosts to go away, Lucy will need to be sexually satisfied. Lo-and-behol...more
Marie
This was an absolute gem. I was laughing throughout the entire story. It's a quick read, but packed full of action and comedy. I don't know if I could have laughed that hard for much longer - the length made a good match for the tightly-packed story. Trying to string the action and laughs out to make the story longer or trying to add more in to the story just would not have created the same punch.

The action and laughs start from the very beginning. Who would have thought that a medium would coun...more
Kelly
I make no excuses as to my complete love for all things Vivi Andrews. What can I say? The lady can write. I read book #2 of this series first and I pretty much adored the world that was created. So I stepped into this book knowing a little bit about it (as opposed to book #2, which was a completely delightful surprise) and IT WAS JUST AS GOOD AS I WAS EXPECTING IT TO BE.

Jake is a tall, hot, manly drink of water and he's a perfect foil for Lucy. Poor, put-upon Lucy and her revolving bedroom door...more
Adrienne Testa
People save your money, not worth your time. The author was more into the romance part of the story instead of the Poltergeist. Lucy Cartwright is a medium who helps sexually repressed ghost cross over. Jake Cox is the PI needing to speak with a dead mob account, Eliot Mellman. Mellman likes being dead and doesn't want to cross over. He wants to confront the mobster he worked for. Of course Mellman sends Jake into the warehouse without telling him about the guards and Lucy goes to help him. The...more
Jessica
I liked Lucy quite a lot, she's funny, sweet and awkward in a way that I can totally relate to, but I never really felt like I got to know Jake that well. And while their attraction to each other was believable, the other elements of being in a relationship aren't really addressed. The conflict was interesting and there was a lot of humor in the storytelling, I just wish it had been a longer-form story. My reaction might be related to how much more I enjoyed later books in the series, though (wh...more
Cheryl
Loved it! Funny, light read.
Lyndi
Cute little mindless quicky.
Parajunkee

Featured on Parajunkee.com

I now am a complete FanGirl of Vivi Andrews. I was impressed with her short Serengeti Heat and now partaking in The Ghost Shrink... {quite a mouthful} I'm smitten. If you haven't experienced Ms. Andrew's writing...download this one, it is free right now at Amazon! It is a wonderful introduction to a superb writer.

Read More...

Vivian
This is a surprisingly fun and complete short story. I don't know how short because there is no info for number of pages, which bugs me to no end, but that's another complaint.

This is the story of a medium who helps ghosts transcend into the afterlife. She's got Karma for a boss, her sexually frustrated state of mind sends some interesting ghosts to her bedside, and a hunky gigolo who isn't actually a gigolo ends up on her doorstep to add to the excitement.

Great if you have a few minutes for a q...more
Yvonna
Jul 19, 2014 Yvonna marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, owned-books
A free Kindle book.
Crystal S
I enjoyed it enough that I'll probably read more in the series. Resolution of the conflict was a bit too convenient and rushed, but it was a novella. The romance was lacking, but this is a problem I frequently come across in short stories, since there is not enough time to have an "adventure" and build a relationship. Overall, I thought it was actually pretty cute.
Heather Tisdale
1) The author needs to get her artists right. It's Munch, not Van Gogh that did the scream.
2) It lacked depth and wasn't entertaining enough for me to ignore that fact.
I know some of you love her, but I was frequently bored. There was one moment where I laughed, but not enough. Maybe her other series is better.
Kristan A
This is a delightful romp that kept me laughing from start to finish. Take 2 parts madcap comedy, toss in an adorable girl next door and a too-sexy-for-his-shirt detective, add nerdy ghosts with issues, throw in a dollop of apocalyptic danger, sprinkle generously with lust and romance, stir...and enjoy!
Jacqueline
Okay, I gave this a try because I was amused by the title, 'cause I'd just tried another book in the series, and 'cause it was very short.

Ya, I really shouldn't have. Also, again with the TSTL female protag running straight into dangerous situations without a thought? What's up with that?
Bumbershootbears
Very short for a "novel". I read the second book in this series first-which I really enjoyed. The romantic angle was more prominent than the plot in this book. The plot wasn't well developed. I've already purchased #3 in this series. Hope it's more like the second book.
VLynch
If your looking for a quick easy read with some steamy romance and a dash of comedy this book is for you. I read it overnight when I was having issues sleeping, it made good company. It was sweet, charming, and it even had a few chuckles here and there.
April
This was a nice steamy read!1 I really liked the story and look forward to more of the series!

Flighty feisty heroine meets serious cop! This is a favorite combo for me! I loved the story and there was plenty of adventure besides all the hot steam!
  • The Bite of Silence (Biting Love, #3)
  • Half Past Dead (Includes: The Blades of the Rose, Prequel; Guardians of the Dark, #1)
  • The Bite Before Christmas
  • The Matchmakers
  • Sin Eater (Naughty Nooners)
  • Venus in Blue Jeans (Konigsburg, #1)
  • Compromising Positions
  • My Christmas Wish
  • Holiday Bound
  • Only You (Angel Ridge, #1)
  • Love Me
  • The Gift of Fury (Count Albritton #2)
  • Spirit Lifter (Phantom Lovers #4)
  • Steal Me
  • Once Bitten
  • Nocked for a Loop (Naughty Nooners)
  • The Cruelest Cut
  • Icy Heat (Heat Series)
Vivi Andrews writes paranormal romantic comedies and sexy shape-shifter romances. She lives in Alaska when she isn't indulging her travel addiction. For more about Vivi, please visit her website or blog.
More about Vivi Andrews...
Serengeti Heat (Serengeti Shifters, #1) Serengeti Lightning (Serengeti Shifters, #3) Serengeti Storm (Serengeti Shifters, #2) Serengeti Sunrise (Serengeti Shifters, #4) The Ghost Exterminator (Karmic Consultants, #2)