Start by marking “RV There Yet?: A Women of Faith Fiction Novel” as Want to Read:
RV There Yet?: A Women of Faith Fiction Novel

RV There Yet?: A Women of Faith Fiction Novel

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  138 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews

Life's a journey. Midlife's an adventure. But two weeks in a RV with the hot-flash sisters could drive anyone over the hill.

Dede signed on for this cross-country RV trip selflessly, for Millie and Lydia's sakes. Besides, she needed to get her mind off a love gone wrong and a demanding gourmet chocolates business. And it's for a good cause--sprucing up the old summer camp i

Published (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about RV There Yet?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about RV There Yet?

Homewood Public Library
Can you imagine three independent women traveling cross country in an RV together? DeDe, Millie and Lydia had met at a camp in Colorado one summer in high school. Now they are more mature, as in fiftyish, menopausal and premenopausal. When they got word that Aspen Creek Bible Camp was in need of help from its alumni, the three friends decided to take time off from their "regular lives" and have an adventure. They met at Lydia's in Maine and got reacquainted while preparing for the trip. Waldo, t ...more
Cathy Daniel
I enjoyed it and would have enjoyed it more except for two reasons (that were totally me and not a reflection on this book) i need romance too! I really missed the romance and secondly, the characters are 50 and make menopause jokes. I'm just not there yet. I'm a decade away and I just found it all depressing rather than funny.
Becki
Mildly amusing\nHad a good lesson...if a bit pat. \nShe definitely writes for the baby boomer audience as there was a lot of mention of hot flashes, etc.
Melissa
Three 50ish women take an RV trip across country. OK in parts but others cliched.
Marie
Jun 10, 2014 Marie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great summer, easy read. Makes me want to spend more time with my best girlfriends!!
Marnie
Jul 14, 2014 Marnie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
very entertaining. And, a quick read.
Jenn
I received a copy of the book from the other, and it took me a while to get into it. The plot is cute, I think maybe my mom would like it better. It's about 3 childhood friends, no menopausal going cross country in an RV to save their Bible camp. I enjoyed the story, but it wasn't one I couldn't put down. I had trouble with the main character. I didn't really like her personality that much. But overall it's a cute book, and if you are into the religious theme, it's probably up your alley.
Jessie Mitchell
Oct 04, 2008 Jessie Mitchell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!!!
Recommended to Jessie by: Picked it up at the local Deseret Books
This was a great book with a lot of insight in it. I don't know if I picked this book up at the right time in my life that it has helped pick me up a little. No....I am not going through menopause. Heck, I have another 25 years before I start to worry about that. If you are looking for a good book and a quick read I would recommend this book.
Anna Church
Nov 13, 2012 Anna Church rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
RV There Yet? by Diann Hunt is a humorous book. Three middle-aged women driving cross-country in an RV go on an adventure to save a camp. They run into many zany situations on their travels. This book is about friendship, teamwork and adventure. Put this one on your shelf if you want to laugh throughout the book!
Kristin
Jun 10, 2009 Kristin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kristin by: my sister, Bryn
Shelves: novel
Cute. Entertaining. Not much romance. Girlfriend stuff. Still not as good as the Sisterchick series where there are wonderful girlfriend "nuggets" throughout the books.
Christy
Mar 08, 2008 Christy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a cute book. It's part of the Women of Faith Fiction series and is a sweet novel about a midlife cross country trip on an RV. Heart warming and fun.
Micki
Aug 21, 2008 Micki rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I thought it was a cute read, but didn't hold my interest. It took me a long time to read, which isn't an indication that I enjoyed it much.
Leslie
Jun 18, 2008 Leslie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is very light reading. Nothing major to follow throughout the book...just some humorous events that take place on and off in the book.
Lynnea
Dec 13, 2012 Lynnea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
4.5 stars! funny book and a great leisurely read. about three 50 year olds. I'd probably like it even more in a decade or two!
Chrissy
Nov 13, 2010 Chrissy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you like the Sisterchicks or the Yada Yada Prayer Club, this is probably another good option...
Nancy
Jun 19, 2011 Nancy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good book for a summer read. Light and easy but has a good message.
Becky London
It was cute. Wouldn't recommend it to friends though-
Shari
Jun 03, 2016 Shari rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the funniest books I ever read!
Jen
Apr 07, 2011 Jen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book was a good quick read, yet predictable
Sherri Beebe
Nov 23, 2012 Sherri Beebe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun book lots of good laughs!
Wanda
Feb 22, 2010 Lu marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-1, chick-lit
Sounds fun #1
Susan
very good, chick lit all the way...I enjoyed this one. Happy ending. :)
Apr 28, 2008 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read!
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Elysa Mac
Elysa Mac marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
  • Stranded in Paradise
  • Million Dollar Dilemma
  • The Secret Life of Becky Miller (Becky Miller #1)
  • The Perfect Life
  • The Debt
  • A Song I Knew By Heart: A Novel
  • Dixie Diva Blues
  • Gardenias for Breakfast
  • Stealing Adda
  • Midnight Sea (Aloha Reef #4)
  • Sandpebbles
  • Women's Intuition
  • Miss Invisible
  • Savannah Comes Undone
  • Theodora's Diary: Faith, Hope and Chocolate
Diann Hunt wrote romantic comedy and humorous women's fiction targeted to Christian women of the Baby Boomer generation. She'd lived in Indiana forever, had been happily married forever, loved her family, chocolate, her friends, her dog, and, well, chocolate. Her book "For Better or For Worse" is being made into a Hallmark movie, with production beginning in November, 2013.

After a four-year battl