Start by marking “Leave It to Claire (Claire Everett #1)” as Want to Read:
Leave It to Claire (Claire Everett #1)

Leave It to Claire (Claire Everett #1)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  290 ratings  ·  48 reviews
A modern-day single mother creates a to-do list to fix the mess she's made of her life. Will she realize the only way to truly grow is to let go of her own plans and listen to God?
Published January 4th 2006 by FaithWords

To ask other readers questions about Leave It to Claire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leave It to Claire

Redeeming Love by Francine RiversA Voice in the Wind by Francine RiversThe Yada Yada Prayer Group by Neta JacksonAn Echo in the Darkness by Francine RiversThe Master's Plan A Novel About Purpose by Stephany Tullis
Christian Chick Lit
171st out of 431 books — 437 voters
The Master's Plan A Novel About Purpose by Stephany TullisUnconditional by Tanya EavensonA Voice in the Wind by Francine RiversThe Gladiator by Carla CapshawThe Duke's Redemption by Carla Capshaw
Inspirational Romances
377th out of 506 books — 225 voters

More lists with this book...

Deborah R
This is the book club book of the month. The book is a quick read. I woke up at 3 a.m. Saturday morning and having slept for several hours already, I didn't have any hope of going back to sleep so I read until I needed to get up and make breakfast at 6 a.m. I finished reading it while watching the Red Sox kick the Colorado Rockies out of the park. I must admit I was so engrossed in the book at one point that I missed three runs and the excitement over it. My husband was stunned that I could bloc ...more
Brooke
If I could I would have given this book a 3.5 stars. It was an entertaining read that often was comical too. It focuses on the life of Claire, a well-known author, and that of her four kids. She has to take six weeks off of writing when she has to have surgery on her arms. The story takes you through all of Claire's discoveries during this time of reflection. This is a fairly light read and I would recommend it if you want an easy to read book :)
Sally
I sort of fell into this book accidentally. I bought it on a sales racvk a few years ago and just recently found it in a box. Had I known ahead of time that it was a Christian novel I woul dhave skipped it. Having said that, it was not bad. A little heavy on the religion, but not too bad. It was a light read, didn't really leave me with much to think about, but it was enjoyable enough that I kept going back to it.
Cecelia
Could you be friends with your unfaithful ex-husband’s new wife? The main character in Leave It To Claire struggles with this predicament.

I really enjoyed this book. The author has the perfect voice for chicklit(or momlit, not sure about the correct way to categorize this story). The story is about Claire Everett, a fairly successful romance author and the struggles she has to go through to raise her four kids as a single mother. Claire struggles to forgive her ex-husband, Rick, for his infideli
Deb
Sep 04, 2007 Deb added it
plot summary: what happens, when & where, central characters, major conflicts[return]clare is a single mom who can't believe all the trouble her life is bringing her. her kids are smart-mouthed and distant, her husband seems smug in his new marriage, his new wife wants to be her best friend, clare's doctor says she needs carpal tunnel surgery on both wrists, and her mother is moving to texas. clare's tendancy is to focus on her own problems and shut everyone else out, but some pointed advice ...more
Rachel
This book was recommended to me by a friend for work as casual vacation reading, with a Christian twist. There were definitely Christian references, although to a Christian culture that is foreign to my own. I didn't find the tone that humorous, actually, because I didn't much like the first person narrator. I disagreed with some of her parenting decisions and reactions, and couldn't get into her abiding bitterness over her 5 year old divorce from an adulterous husband. I'm deeply grateful to no ...more
Lynda
I found Claire to be rather refreshing as the heroine of a Christian fiction series. She is far from perfect, makes mistakes with her kids and her life in general. Claire is a successful author trying to raise her four children and deal with her anger at ex-husband Rick while facing carpal tunnel surgery. The surgery will sideline her writing for a while so Claire is determined to improve her life during this hiatus from work. God is working in Claire's life as she deals with unbelievably sweet ...more
Melissa
Single mom author needs to reconnect with her kids. Good Christian book. Mom very angry and that got really old after a while.
Debi
A down-home book about learning from your past, making changes from the inside, and real-life struggles. Told from the perspective of divorcee Claire Everett, mother of 4 children, who is a published writer trying to keep her life from falling apart. She has to deal with rebelling children, an ex-husband and his new wife who wants to be her friend, and a crush on one of her son's teachers.

This book was humorous yet serious, covering various topics that are the reality of life these days in Ameri
Regina
For some reason this book really resonated with me, which is odd because I haven't been through anything like the main character. But I was really able to relate to her and the feelings she expressed throughout the book. I saw much of myself in Claire to the point that I actually cried several time while reading. The writer definitely captured the human emotions perfectly! Not everything is cut and dried as a Christian and it was refreshing to read a book that illustrated that so clearly.
Ruth
Claire is a divorced woman with four children. In this book, she comes to terms with her life, her divorce, and basically turns her entire life around. It’s very similar to book 28, but I think Claire comes across much more true to life. The book actually did make me cry at the end, so I was excited to see that there is a sequel coming out. I will be interested to see how a sequel will continue, however, since I felt like this book wrapped itself up quite nicely.
Teri
my first "christian chic-lit" series. soap-operish but i enjoyed them anyway. :> i especially liked that the struggles claire has are very real christian challenges. it helped me find more areas in my life that need work and the motivation to improve. the second and third books were also good but i liked the first best.
she also wrote the "drama queen' series. they were probably 3-3.5.
read a western series of hers and was bored to tears.
Amy Brooks
This book is utter trash. I will admit, I'm a fan of the trashy, brit-lit girl loses boy, gets new and better boy stories. But this piece of trash was not even worth reading (yet I did)! It's a stupid, predictable story about a bitter divorcee oh, but she's a Christian and throws some scripture in there too. I was horrified to find out that there are 2 more follow up books to this one. I will NOT be reading them.
Emily
I really liked this book. The author is religious, not bombarding the reader with it, but definitely keeping her book clean with characters who generally want to be good. It's about a single mother trying to raise her teens. The sarcasm that the main character had throughout the book had me laughing out loud a couple of times. Fun read.
Jenny
This was a book I bought at the library; I didn't even realize until I started reading it that it is a 'Christian fiction' book (that's not a bad thing, just an FYI!) It's a good 'mom' story and I enjoyed it; I also noticed at the end that there is a sequel called 'Claire knows best' so I am going to read that one too.
Josie
Johanna
This is along the same line as yada yada in terms of easy reading. Not quite as engaging though. It focuses on just one family and the things that come up in their life. It's the kind of book where you know at the end that everything is going to work out o.k.
Nutz
Even though I didn't know this was a "Christian" fiction book or part of a series (yay), I'm glad I picked this up.

The writing shows great wit - it made me laugh! I can't wait to read the sequels.
Jennifer Maloney
Horrible writing. I could barely get through it. Sooooo many inconsistencies with the plot that it made me wonder if it'd been edited at all. It felt more like a rough draft than a finished novel.
I loved this book from the first line. christian books are sometimes super cheesy and overly predictable. I fell in love with Claire from the start and lobed how she turned her life around.
Rebekah
It was a quick and easy read! I enjoyed it! Claire was relatable and I couldn't help think about my own 'issues' when reading about hers. I would read more books by this author.
Sonya
Jul 01, 2008 Sonya marked it as to-read
Not on my original to read list but I saw this at the grocery store today for 5 bucks (hardback) had to get it because it sounded good
Leslie
This was a fun read, and I unfortunately found myself relating to some of the emotions of dealing with divorce situations.
Slow start, but a good finish. Don't know that I enjoyed it enough to read the next book in the series, Claire Knows Best.
Allison
Jan 21, 2008 Allison rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Christians; moms and daughters; those who've suffered from divorce
Recommended to Allison by: Kym
I have to admit, I didn't expect this book to be one of my favorites, but it completely shocked me. I loved it!
Lori

An interesting combination of chick lit and Christian fiction. I enjoyed the book and the growth of Claire.
Marie
Thanks for a good laugh Mrs. Bateman! Very pleasant reading! Can't wait for the next one to come in the mail!
Marsha
Mom of four divorced kids divorced and ex has remarried younger girl - VERY REALISTIC - easy read
Cheryl
Started off a little slow but picked up great book about life and all the trips it takes you on
Jacqueline Mayfield
This book was really funny. I felt like i new claire. It was well written.
  • The Baby Chronicles
  • With This Ring, I'm Confused (Ashley Stockingdale, #3)
  • Daring Chloe
  • Lost in Rooville
  • Sisters, Ink
  • The Wedding Caper (Bridal Mayhem Mystery, #1)
  • Club Sandwich
  • Perfecting Kate
  • Savannah Comes Undone
  • Doesn't She Look Natural (The Fairlawn Series #1)
Tracey Bateman is also published as Tracey Cross, is the Christy award-winning author of more than thirty titles and has nearly a million books in print. She lives in Missouri's Ozarks with her husband and four children.
More about Tracey Bateman...
Love Finds You in Wildrose, North Dakota You Had Me at Good-bye (Drama Queen #2) Catch a Rising Star (Drama Queen #1) Thirsty That's -Not Exactly- Amore (Drama Queen #3)