God Is in the Small Stuff... And It All Matters

God Is in the Small Stuff... And It All Matters

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  123 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Bruce and Stan's newest book encourages readers not to disregard the minor, insignificant things in life. Rather, "God Is in the Small Stuff..."encourages a better understanding of God's infinite character, reminding readers that He is a personal and intimate God, involved in every detail of their lives, however minute. "God Is In the Small Stuff...and it all matters" con
Published December 1st 1998 by Barbour Publishing, Incorporated (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about God Is in the Small Stuff... And It All Matters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about God Is in the Small Stuff... And It All Matters

Brent Soderstrum
My wife and I read this devotional together. Makes you think of how God is at work in everything that goes on with our lives. It always amazes me how you have something going on in your life and then the devotional that evening is right on point.

Cute little one liners at the end of each devotional. Maybe too many though.

Anything that gets you and your spouse in God's word and praying together is a good thing. Not just for couples though.
Lori
I really enjoyed this book. I took note of A LOT of quotes from this book ... I have quite a collection that I look back on from time to time. This book has turned out to be very inspiration.
Tammy
Saw this book, wondering how God can be in the small stuff if there is no proof there is God. So looked for chapter proving their theiss. Same cliche arguments: there must be a creator, this is proven by Genesis saying there is a creator (circular argument, Bible cannot be the proof for the existence of God); then there's the obsession with the beginning and the something can't come from nothing argument, which we can't discuss because we don't know enough about it, and it is only our perception...more
Jennie
Feb 20, 2008 Jennie marked it as philosophy-religion  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
Recommended to Jennie by: Church
Someday, I will not feel obligated to read the books people give me, even though they hold no interest for me. Then, I will be truly free.

This book was totally uninspiring, a combination of cliches, advice so obvious it hurts to read it, bad jokes, and the occasional rant that could be interpreted as scary. Clearly, this book is intended for people who don't like to think too deeply. It wasted my time.

I think I'll hang on to it for five years or so, just because I feel bad getting rid of present...more
Tinkerbell
Quick read, quick bits and bites of how God is in all that matters in life. A Hallmark book that's been on my shelf for years, reading parts of it, finally read the entire thing. It makes a nice gift. Too bad my dog chewed the cover or I could pass it on.
Dianne
May 04, 2013 Dianne rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Picked up at a garage sale or used book sale
A nice little book to help us remember the important little things. It took me a while to get through this book. It is an easy one to pick up after weeks or months of not reading it.
Missltking
I LOVE THIS BOOK!! It is a constant reminder that God is there for all things minor and major and that we should look to Him and within ourselves to accomplish our goals in life!!
Tia
My aunt bought me this when I graduated from college. I still pick it up from time to time for inspiration. The message is simple, straightforward and timeless.
Julie Baylor
LOVED this little book! I read a few chapters each morning and didn't want it to end.
Jim Eshelman
Really good stuff to help us focus on how God is in everything even the small things.
Myra
Such a great way to start your day. Truly helpful thoughts to guide you
Amy Holcomb
Good devotional that is quick and easy to understand.
Mary
Lisa
Sep 01, 2008 Lisa marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Life
Rene
Rene marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Umberto
Umberto marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Brandy J. Martin
Brandy J. Martin marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Maryann Wright
Maryann Wright marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Vickie
Vickie added it
Jul 06, 2014
Charlene Tops
Charlene Tops marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Daisy
Daisy marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Melissa Barker
Melissa Barker marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
I'm Fine with God... It's Christians I Can't Stand: Getting Past the Religious Garbage in the Search for Spiritual Truth World Religions and Cults 101 Knowing the Bible 101 God Is in the Hard Stuff God Is in the Small Stuff for Tough Times