Start by marking “God Is in the Small Stuff... And It All Matters” as Want to Read:
God Is in the Small Stuff... And It All Matters

God Is in the Small Stuff... And It All Matters

Bruce and Stan's newest book encourages readers not to disregard the minor, insignificant things in life. Rather, "God Is in the Small Stuff... "encourages a better understanding of God's infinite character, reminding readers that He is a personal and intimate God, involved in every detail of their lives, however minute. "God Is In the Small Stuff... and it all matters" co ...more
Published December 1st 1998 by Barbour Publishing (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about God Is in the Small Stuff... And It All Matters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about God Is in the Small Stuff... And It All Matters

Christina
Dec 03, 2014 Christina rated it really liked it
This is a great book to pick up and read from time to time. Wonderful reminders and suggestions to keep one on track within their relationship with God and others.
Robby
Jan 31, 2017 Robby rated it really liked it
Words for thought or thoughts to ponder. Some may empower - some may not.
Tammy
Jul 16, 2013 Tammy rated it did not like it
Saw this book, wondering how God can be in the small stuff if there is no proof there is God. So looked for chapter proving their theiss. Same cliche arguments: there must be a creator, this is proven by Genesis saying there is a creator (circular argument, Bible cannot be the proof for the existence of God); then there's the obsession with the beginning and the something can't come from nothing argument, which we can't discuss because we don't know enough about it, and it is only our perception ...more
Brent Soderstrum
Jan 28, 2014 Brent Soderstrum rated it really liked it
My wife and I read this devotional together. Makes you think of how God is at work in everything that goes on with our lives. It always amazes me how you have something going on in your life and then the devotional that evening is right on point.

Cute little one liners at the end of each devotional. Maybe too many though.

Anything that gets you and your spouse in God's word and praying together is a good thing. Not just for couples though.
Lori
Apr 28, 2009 Lori rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I really enjoyed this book. I took note of A LOT of quotes from this book ... I have quite a collection that I look back on from time to time. This book has turned out to be very inspiration.
Ali Mcqueen
Feb 17, 2017 Ali Mcqueen rated it liked it
Shelves: christian
Very cute, very light read with some great reminders about God's sovereignty, love, and involvement even in the mundane aspects of your life.
Willow Redd
This book exists as the antithesis of the ever-popular Don't Sweat the Small Stuff. Authors Bruce and Stan (how very camp counselor of them to only use their first names on the cover like that) feel that God was somehow snubbed by Dr. Carlson and decided to fix that with their own book.

While there are some good points made by Bruce (Bickel) and Stan (Jantz), I feel like they should have actually bothered to read "Small Stuff" because they cover a lot of the same ground, just with a hyperfocus on
Jennie
Feb 07, 2008 Jennie marked it as philosophy-religion  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
Recommended to Jennie by: Church
Someday, I will not feel obligated to read the books people give me, even though they hold no interest for me. Then, I will be truly free.

This book was totally uninspiring, a combination of cliches, advice so obvious it hurts to read it, bad jokes, and the occasional rant that could be interpreted as scary. Clearly, this book is intended for people who don't like to think too deeply. It wasted my time.

I think I'll hang on to it for five years or so, just because I feel bad getting rid of present
Heather
Nov 01, 2015 Heather rated it did not like it
I didn't like this book. one of their "contemporary proverbs" says if you can't afford it, you don't need it. well I know a lot of people who can't afford a roof over their head and they need that. also, page 139, they have another so called contemporary proverb which us actually a Mark Twain quote and not something they came up with. it is neither contemporary or their own. they didn't give Mark Twain credit for it and they should have. the quote "those who don't read have no advantage over tho ...more
Tinkerbell
Jun 21, 2011 Tinkerbell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick read, quick bits and bites of how God is in all that matters in life. A Hallmark book that's been on my shelf for years, reading parts of it, finally read the entire thing. It makes a nice gift. Too bad my dog chewed the cover or I could pass it on.
Melissa
Dec 31, 2014 Melissa rated it really liked it
My overall experience with this book is a good one. Very good thought by thought advice for the spiritual heart. Good rules to follow for a simplified life. The only issue I had was the personal preference with how it was hard for me to focus on such small chapters.
Jerry
Jan 21, 2015 Jerry rated it it was amazing
Full of great thoughts and life tips, this little book could very well have a big impact on you. It definitely changed my way of thinking in various areas of my life.
Julie Baylor
Feb 22, 2010 Julie Baylor rated it it was amazing
LOVED this little book! I read a few chapters each morning and didn't want it to end.
Lisa
Sep 01, 2008 Lisa marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Life
Myra
Apr 19, 2011 Myra rated it really liked it
Such a great way to start your day. Truly helpful thoughts to guide you
Jim Eshelman
Jan 03, 2013 Jim Eshelman rated it really liked it
Really good stuff to help us focus on how God is in everything even the small things.
Barb
Aug 01, 2008 Barb is currently reading it
Thanks Mom.
Dianne
Sep 08, 2012 Dianne rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Picked up at a garage sale or used book sale
A nice little book to help us remember the important little things. It took me a while to get through this book. It is an easy one to pick up after weeks or months of not reading it.
Mary
Dec 10, 2012 Mary rated it really liked it
Great little book.
Missltking
Jul 13, 2011 Missltking rated it it was amazing
I LOVE THIS BOOK!! It is a constant reminder that God is there for all things minor and major and that we should look to Him and within ourselves to accomplish our goals in life!!
Tia
Jan 10, 2009 Tia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My aunt bought me this when I graduated from college. I still pick it up from time to time for inspiration. The message is simple, straightforward and timeless.
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2015
Carol Bayer
Carol Bayer rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2017
teresa knecht
teresa knecht rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2015
Mac Cramer
Mac Cramer rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2014
Cesposito316
Cesposito316 rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2009
Chelsi
Chelsi rated it it was ok
Jun 18, 2015
bibliophile04
bibliophile04 rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2008
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Oct 28, 2015
Chris
Chris rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Prayer of Jabez for Teens (Breakthrough Series)
  • Leadership Promises for Every Day: A Daily Devotional
  • The Warfare of the Spirit: Developing Spiritual Maturity
  • The Power of a Positive Wife
  • The Holy Bible (Illustrated)
  • Where is That in the Bible?
  • Vampyre
  • Love Talk: Speak Each Other's Language Like You Never Have Before
  • The Dictionary of Classical Mythology
  • Living the Resurrection: The Risen Christ in Everyday Life
  • What Happens When Women Pray
  • Delany Sisters' Book of Everyday Wisdom
  • Norse Mythology: The Myths & Legends of the Nordic Gods (Mythology Library)
  • All The Women Of The Bible
  • A Brief Illustrated Guide to Understanding Islam
  • Jerusalem Countdown, Revised and Updated: A Prelude To War
  • The Power of a Praying® Wife Book of Prayers (Power of a Praying Book of Prayers)
  • 'In the Beginning...' A Catholic Understanding of the Story of Creation and the Fall