The Book of Christmas (The Enchanted World Series)

The Book of Christmas (The Enchanted World)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  74 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Published 1986 by Time Life (first published January 1st 1973)

Ariel
When I was a kid, I was obsessed with all of the books from the Enchanted World Series, but this one was definitely one of my favorites. I recently decided to re-read it because I came down with a severe case of Christmas spirit. It's been many years since I've even glanced at this book, so reading it again made me very nostalgic indeed. Also, now that I'm older, I can appreciate (and understand!) the text much more. This book - and all of the books in the series - is a casual introduction to th...more
Athena
My review for all of these books in this series is the same.

Time-Life has once again done an outstanding job putting together a series. From cover to cover they are thoughtful, beautiful books. I'm starting to sound generic, but it's true.
I'm a DK fan, I like white backgrounds and side notes with clear sections for every subject. This series has none of that. What they do have is an old book feel. Timeless artwork, thoroughness, and very well written makes these a must on my occult/paranormal b...more
Ian
This is one of the classic books from the The enchanted World series from Time Life Books. I really enjoyed this book that brings to light the origins of Christmas traditions and legends including much of the winter holidays celebrated in the past. In addition to the large amount of information this book also contains amazing artwork to tantalize your eyes as the words fill your mind. Oh and there is a section for some Christmas songs in case you want to see what is out there. :)

My favorite part...more
Anthony
It's probably long out of print, part of their series The Enchanted World (the only volume of said series that I still own). Lots of great tidbits about Christmas traditions all over the world, and lots of great artwork. The cover art inspired me to write "The Firflake," and one of the articles about Christmas Ghosts was the impetus for my still unfinished and thus untitled second Christmas book.
Brandi
This beautifully illustrated book is a lovely blend of fact and fiction, of the folklore surrounding the festive time of Winter.
Thomas
A series of short articles and stories.
Anne
Aug 06, 2011 Anne added it
good
Glitchinthematrix
Glitchinthematrix marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Angela Freeman
Angela Freeman marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Apbtlover
Apbtlover marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Ayashe
Ayashe marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Everett Lathrop
Everett Lathrop marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Audrey Terry
Audrey Terry marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Alana Roberts
Alana Roberts marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Caroleequinton
Caroleequinton marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Adan
Adan marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Rose
Rose marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Lissaleo
Lissaleo marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Aliya
Aliya marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
MB Taylor
MB Taylor marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Fairies and Elves (The Enchanted World Series) Ghosts (The Enchanted World Series) Night Creatures (The Enchanted World Series) Wizards and Witches (The Enchanted World Series) Dragons (The Enchanted World Series)