Start by marking “The Book of Christmas (The Enchanted World Series)” as Want to Read:
The Book of Christmas (The Enchanted World Series)

The Book of Christmas (The Enchanted World)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  81 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Published 1986 by Time Life

To ask other readers questions about The Book of Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of Christmas

Ariel Hudgins
When I was a kid, I was obsessed with all of the books from the Enchanted World Series, but this one was definitely one of my favorites. I recently decided to re-read it because I came down with a severe case of Christmas spirit. It's been many years since I've even glanced at this book, so reading it again made me very nostalgic indeed. Also, now that I'm older, I can appreciate (and understand!) the text much more. This book - and all of the books in the series - is a casual introduction to th ...more
Athena
My review for all of these books in this series is the same.

Time-Life has once again done an outstanding job putting together a series. From cover to cover they are thoughtful, beautiful books. I'm starting to sound generic, but it's true.
I'm a DK fan, I like white backgrounds and side notes with clear sections for every subject. This series has none of that. What they do have is an old book feel. Timeless artwork, thoroughness, and very well written makes these a must on my occult/paranormal b
Ian
This is one of the classic books from the The enchanted World series from Time Life Books. I really enjoyed this book that brings to light the origins of Christmas traditions and legends including much of the winter holidays celebrated in the past. In addition to the large amount of information this book also contains amazing artwork to tantalize your eyes as the words fill your mind. Oh and there is a section for some Christmas songs in case you want to see what is out there. :)

My favorite part
Anthony
It's probably long out of print, part of their series The Enchanted World (the only volume of said series that I still own). Lots of great tidbits about Christmas traditions all over the world, and lots of great artwork. The cover art inspired me to write "The Firflake," and one of the articles about Christmas Ghosts was the impetus for my still unfinished and thus untitled second Christmas book.
Brandi
This beautifully illustrated book is a lovely blend of fact and fiction, of the folklore surrounding the festive time of Winter.
Thomas
A series of short articles and stories.
Anne
Aug 06, 2011 Anne added it
good
K
K marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Judy
Judy marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Jayson Turner
Jayson Turner marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Michael Stewart
Michael Stewart marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Marc Gagnon
Marc Gagnon marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Lily
Lily is currently reading it
Oct 09, 2014
Annette
Annette marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Mike Cardona
Mike Cardona marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Kelso
Kelso marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Glitchinthematrix
Glitchinthematrix marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Legends of Valor (The Enchanted World Series)
  • Dwarfs (The Enchanted World Series)
  • Best-Loved Folktales of the World
  • Celtic Myths and Legends (Myths of the World)
  • The Forest in Folklore and Mythology
  • The Pagan Book of Halloween: A Complete Guide to the Magick, Incantations, Recipes, Spells, and Lore
  • Dungeon of Dread (Endless Quest, #1)
  • The Best Tales of Hoffmann
  • The Wolf of Winter
  • Walking With Frodo: A Devotional Journey Through the Lord of the Rings
  • Dragons: A Natural History
  • Celtic Women's Spirituality: Accessing the Cauldron of Life
Fairies and Elves (The Enchanted World Series) Ghosts (The Enchanted World Series) Wizards and Witches (The Enchanted World Series) Dragons (The Enchanted World Series) Night Creatures (The Enchanted World Series)