Start by marking “Deadpool Corps: Pool-Pocalypse Now (Deadpool Corps, #1)” as Want to Read:
Deadpool Corps: Pool-Pocalypse Now (Deadpool Corps, #1)

Deadpool Corps: Pool-Pocalypse Now (Deadpool Corps #1)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  290 ratings  ·  20 reviews
The Deadpool Corps embark on the universe-spanning mission that only they can accomplish. Tapped by the Elders of the Universe to gather a crack team of his alternative universe selves for what amounts to an intergalactic suicide mission, Deadpool just can't say no. Enter: Headpool, Kidpool, Dogpool and Lady Deadpool--and it's off to the rescue, right? Not so fast. Turns o ...more
Published October 27th 2010 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Deadpool Corps, please sign up.

Evan please post how to read the books because it wont let me read them.HELP?

I am frankly amazed that I enjoyed this. I've read a ton of Deadpool lately, and almost without fail it has been terrible. But, as I noted in my review of the Deadpool Corps Prelude, Victor Gischler has managed to create a really interesting, funny team out of these multiverse Deadpools, each with their own distinct, if still Deadpudlian (nice), personalities.

Now, is this book gonna win the famous Pulitzer Prize for Comic Books? No. It's nothing particularly new, plotwise, and in fact just kind
Quickly reminded why I love Deadpool so damn much. Though he has a bit of a run for his money now, with Lady Deadpool. Oh hell, I love ALL his incarnations! Loved this comic like mad crazy (pun intended). Can't wait to read more. *squee!*
Dmitry Yakovenko
Deadpool Corps, Volume 1 & Volume 2

К превеликому сожалению, "Deadpool Corps" оказался не таким шикарным как "Deadpool: Merc With a Mount", продолжением которого он и является. С другой стороны, это все-таки хороший комикс, да и если его сравнить с "Deadpool Corps Prelude", то он просто великолепный. Это история Корпуса Дэдпула, который был собран для того, что спасти вселенную от ужасной угрозы. Приготовитесь к тому, что это произведение будет больше напоминать не обычные комиксы про суперге
There are a couple of good yuks here.

But a lot of it feels repetitious. Also one of Deadpool's asides captures an obvious flaw in the book: There are actually too many Deadpools. And they're not well differentiated, except for the mildly sexist subplot about Lady Deadpool wanting people to think that she is beautiful. (It used to be that "regular Deadpool" also had a thing about his appearance, but that seems to have passed quietly into the night.)

Also Deadpool is once again more powerful than h
A lot of people seem to hate this book because of the art. I actually didn't mind Rob here. He's mostly drawing aliens, so his misproportionate bodies bother me far less.

This really is probably a 3.5 star rating. The story is easy enough to read but not overly memorable. The other 'pools are definitely funnier than the original here.
Eli Poteet
Best marvel title I've read in a long ass time. I appreciated the Star Wars references which seemed absolutely appropriate as the story took place in space. The humor was continuously spot on and endlessly enjoyable.
One word describes how bad the art was in this book: ...Leifeld.....

The writing wasn't as good as the other Deadpool series. I laughed at times, chuckled at others. Basically I read it as a space opera spoof. No biggie. But the art... oh dear God.... How do you get past that? Even the fill-in artist on issue 6 was bad (partially because I think he was working off of Leifeld's unfinished page layouts).

Honestly I'm glad I only bought it for $5 at a clearance sale, because this book was barely wor
Dec 10, 2011 K rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one (read DP Corps prequel, it's so much better)
The art. The "art". THE ART. It really ruins this book. I could not get through the whole run of Deadpool Corps because my eyes wanted to go on strike. Which is a shame because I really loved the idea of it. The plot and writing were decent enough but the art. I just couldn't do it to myself, sorry. I love myself too much for that.
When Gischler made the transition from novels to comics, I was skeptical. I laughed through this book, so this means I'm a believer. I've said it, and I'll say it again. I respect the writer who can keep up the craziness in a Deadpool book.

Not as funny as some other recent DEADPOOL books,
but this one was chock full of dumb (college) humor none-the-less.

All the jokes about Hot-Pockets did crack me up!
Daniel Butcher
The story is pretty blah.

The bad "Blue Meanie" aliens are yellow?

But, there are tons of Sci-Fi movie refrences and who can resist a taco loving anti-hero?
Edmund Davis-Quinn
Good fun. I love the sarcastic humor of Deadpool, and the just bizarre storylines like this one with "the Awareness."

Very clever writing.
My first foray into Deadpool. The way they took the Alien scooter and then ran leaving the blue guy on the planet cracked me up.
Really funny and fun stuff. Some of the gags had me literally cackling, and the use of the Champion is great.
Deadpool has already become one of my favorites. So funny.
Favorite kind of deadpool story. Made me happy.
Deadpool is crazy. Deadpool in space is crazier.
Fatema Meamari
Only issues 1 and 2.
Jason Valletta
Jason Valletta marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
Marcos Avila
Marcos Avila marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2015
Sarah Hickman
Sarah Hickman marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2015
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2015
Greg marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2015
  • Deadpool: Evil Deadpool (Deadpool, #10)
  • Cable and Deadpool, Vol. 8: Deadpool vs. the Marvel Universe
  • Deadpool: Suicide Kings
  • Deadpool Classic, Vol. 2
  • Deadpool: Wade Wilson's War
  • Deadpool Team-Up, Vol. 1: Good Buddies
  • Deadpool, Vol. 3: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
  • Deadpool Team-Up, Vol. 2: Special Relationship
  • Deadpool Kills The Marvel Universe #2
  • Deadpool: Sins of the Past (Deadpool Miniseries, #2)
Victor Gischler is an American author of humorous crime fiction.
Gischler's debut novel Gun Monkeys was nominated for the Edgar Award, and his novel Shotgun Opera was an Anthony Award finalist. His work has been translated into Italian, French, Spanish and Japanese. He earned a Ph.D. in English at the University of Southern Mississippi. His fifth novel Go-Go Girls of the Apocalypse was published in
More about Victor Gischler...

Deadpool Corps (2 books)
  • DeadPool Corps (Deadpool Corps, #2)
Go-Go Girls of the Apocalypse Ink Mage The Deputy Gun Monkeys Spike: A Dark Place