Start by marking “The Third Form at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Third Form at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #7)

The Third Form at St. Clare's (St. Clare's #7)

4.05  ·  Rating Details ·  2,465 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Based upon, and continuing Enid Blyton's St. Clare's series. The holidays are over and twins Pat and Isabel O'Sullivan are dying to get back to school. The big question on everybody's lips is, who will be head girl? But a terrible accident and an hilarious school play show the true leaders in the third form, but they also show up the cheats and cowards.
Paperback
Published August 1st 2005 by Egmont Books (UK) (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Third Form at St. Clare's, please sign up.

Maryam 9+ Because it says that on the box set. But i recommend it for any age.
Maryam Really nice! Not "nice" love it!

Ahmad Sharabiani
The Third Form at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #5), Enid Blyton
عنوان: سومی ها در سنت کلر جلد 5؛ نویسنده: انید بلایتون؛ مترجم: ایلونا جودمردی؛ مشخصات نشر: تهران، شهر کتاب، هرمس (کیمیا)، 1382، در 191 ص، شابک: 9643632091؛ جلد 5 از مجموعه سنت کلر
Nira Ramachandran
This is the first time I've read an Enid Blyton authored by someone else. I must admit to a certain reluctance-reading the first few pages alone, any avid Blyton fan would know that this was not a genuine product. Later, however, the pace picked up and I quite enjoyed the book. You can, of course, spot the differences, as for example, there is very little reference to lessons or the schoolroom-most of the action is centred on the pranks devised by the second and third formers. But all in all, no ...more
Sonam  Puri
May 13, 2012 Sonam Puri rated it really liked it
Awesome children's book...
One of my best friend Sanil Khanna gave me to read it...I was quite surprised that he was reading a children's book at the age of 23 but when I started to read it...I finished it in just a day!!!
Girls have always been the way they are at any age!

Jealously and companionship are two elements of any friendship a girl has. Interesting story.
Felicity
Jul 27, 2011 Felicity rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even though this isn't actually by Enid Blyton I really enjoyed it. It might even be one of my favourites from the series! Great story with some new characters along the way.
Munti
Dec 25, 2014 Munti marked it as to-read
Manasa Ganesh
Sep 22, 2016 Manasa Ganesh rated it it was amazing
the story is extremely good and i really feel happy that i have read the book. the contents have extremely good events and i think they are great.its about a boarding school....and friends over there.its a typical friendship kind of story.
Bruce Gargoyle
Ten Second Synopsis:
A new year means a new head girl, while some new students rock the boat vying for Alison's friendship. Can the girls overcome their differences long enough to put on a spectacular play for the end of term?

Sounds like a typical Enid Blyton adventure, right? Well, my friend, I thought so too. But herein lies the confusion. This title is, in fact, NOT part of the original series, but an add-on penned by Pamela Cox as a way to flesh out the original Blyton series.

Shocked?

So was I
Ananya Kuttikkad
Jan 20, 2016 Ananya Kuttikkad rated it really liked it
Shelves: ela-1-2
This book is about a boarding school in England a long time ago, and about the lives of the girls there. I read this when I was younger, and I just wanted to reread it, so I did. The thing I really like about this book is that it makes me want to go to a boarding school in England. Things are much different than they are here, and school seems a lot more interesting and exciting there than it is here. The other thing I liked about the book is that it makes you really feel like you go to the same ...more
Beth Stewart
Apr 28, 2012 Beth Stewart rated it it was amazing
This book has got to be my favourite so far. Simply because it is a gripping book. I couldn't put it down! The 2 new girls Libby and Fern - cousins are complete opposites. Libby is kind, friendly and warm - hearted, whereas Fern is a spiteful person. I severly dislike Fern because she turns against Carlotta and Rachel. Rachel is a new girl too! Fern wrecks the costumes for the third formers play, blames Carlotta on it and Carlotta gets knocked unconcious because of Fern. Fern and Libby both leav ...more
Lady Entropy
Jan 08, 2012 Lady Entropy rated it it was ok
I promised myself I wouldn't be that fan. Someone writing again for St. Clare's is awesome, no matter the quality. I would give Pamela Cox a chance.

But she blew it: she dropped everything that made St. Clares St. Clares, including throwing in Day students, Carlotta being allowed out of the school to go horse riding, changing people's characters, the wrong girls chosen as Head Girls, the typical language, and even a boy.

I was still trying to give them a chance, but it became harder and harder, as
Maryam
Feb 05, 2017 Maryam rated it it was amazing
Karthik
Nov 16, 2014 Karthik rated it liked it
Well - it is reasonably like the usual St. Clares story though of course no one can really recreate the feel. This book really tries hard to remain consistent with the rest of the series. But somehow one can clearly feel that Pamela Cox is from a different age. She can not get into Enid Blyton's shoes and think from the age when Enid Blyton used to live. So sometimes one finds a dis synchrony - an ideas from one age introduced in a different age.
Carina
Nov 14, 2013 Carina rated it really liked it
I really loved this book because it is funny, with excitement and drama. This book is about all the third-form girls at St. Clare's, and how they get through plays, tricks, flu, injuries, and horrible girls, and all the fun that comes with it. I highly recommend this book to those who have read the beginning of the series.
Niloo
وای که من چقدررررررر دلم برای این مدارس شبانه روزی تنگ شده بود...
جشن های شبانه٫ کلک های بوبی و جانت و دوریس در کلاس مادموازل! :))
تازه واردها! قهر و آشتی ها! آدمای دوست داشتنی :)
همه اش خوب بود خیلی خیلی!!
حتی نمیدونم این چندمین باری بود که میخوندمش! فقط میتونم بگم خـــــیـــــلــــی لذت بردم! :]
Meike
May 25, 2015 Meike rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed, 2015
This is a great book.
The missing two stars are due to it not fitting in with the rest of the series so well.The biggest issue I had were the two day girls in the original series there is never a mention of day girls also I always had the feeling it wouldn't fit into the concept of the school.
Avi
Oct 17, 2009 Avi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Out of all of the St. Clare's books, I thought that this one gave the most insight on the boarding school. The change in authors was executed well and I had found myself excited for the rest of the books.
Yunisa K.D.
Jan 18, 2010 Yunisa K.D. rated it liked it
Shelves: children, english
written by Pamela Cox, not Enid...
Sally
Not a bad book, though lacks the charm of the original series. Still, an interesting fill-in of one of the missing years.
Anna
Jan 10, 2009 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
Such fun, makes me want to go to boarding school & have midnight feasts, even though I'm 40 & a mum myself.
Arunima
Shelves: fantasy
i really liked it
Hasara
Mar 04, 2012 Hasara rated it liked it
Found it recently... good one :)
Farhan Sani
Oct 23, 2008 Farhan Sani rated it really liked it
really love stories of life at boarding school.
Caroline Sayer
Nov 07, 2016 Caroline Sayer rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
The Pamela Cox books aren't quite the same, but they're still fun and enjoyable. Third form is fun and the sharing with the second form disaster is very believable!
Libby
Aug 28, 2009 Libby rated it liked it
Read May 2009; reread August 2010.
Linda Low
Linda Low rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2013
Swati Das
Swati Das rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2016
Julie
Julie rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2009
Nicola
Nicola rated it really liked it
May 17, 2012
Aarna Shah
Aarna Shah rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2016
  • Claudine at St Clare's (St. Clare's, #5)
  • The Naughtiest Girl Helps a Friend (The Naughtiest Girl, #6)

St. Clare's (6 books)
  • The Twins at St Clare's (St Clare's, #1)
  • The O'Sullivan Twins (St. Clare's, #2)
  • Summer Term at St Clare's (St. Clare's, #3)
  • Second Form at St Clare's (St Clare's, #4)
  • Claudine at St Clare's (St. Clare's, #5)
  • Fifth Formers of St Clare's (St. Clare's, #6)