Red Mortal (Gods of Midnight, #4)

Red Mortal (Gods of Midnight #4)

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  161 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Published April 5th 2011 by Signet (first published February 23rd 2011)

Barbara ★
King Leo and Daphne have finally declared their love and have planned to spend their loves together. Yet evil God Ares wants Daphne (his half-sister) for himself and refuses to let Leo have her so he makes Leo mortal and ages him to quicken his death. Ares, thinking that once Leo is gone, Daphne will turn to him...as if. So instead of trying to cram a lifetime of love in the little time remaining, Daphne runs back to Olympus leaving Leo heart-broken again.

When I finished Red Demon I was looking...more
Bookaholics
Red Mortal by Deidre Knight
Paranormal Romance -April 5th, 2011
4 ½ stars

Red Mortal is the final, marvelous installment of the Gods of Midnight paranormal series. I love the hunky immortal Spartan heroes. This story can be read by itself but because many characters return it would be best appreciated by reading the prior books in order. This is an epic romance because it includes the highly anticipated romance between the goddess Daphne (the Oracle of Delphi), and the noble and King of the Spar...more
Tamara
I don't think I've cried so much since I watched Gone With the Wind! This book was amazing! A true LOVE story! The story of the power of love, all kinds of love, paternal, familial, romantic. How love can change the very nature of a man from evil to good, how it can overcome any obstacle. How LOVE is what makes life worth living! So sorry this was the last book in the series, but what a send off! Deidre you touched my heart! Thank you for this wonderful story
Melindeeloo
This is supposed to be the series wrap up and a two-fer The no longer immortal King Leonides and Oracle Daphne, plus the demon centaur Sable and the kind hearted empath/healer Sophia star.

More to come after the release date including my star rating, but I liked the Sable/Sophia parts better than the Leo/Daphne ones - his angstiness got repetitious. There is a great big happily ever after epilog for the whole gang though.
elizabeth
Leonidas has long led his fellow immortal warriors in battle with quiet, unyielding strength. But when Daphne, Oracle of Delphi, confesses to having loved him from afar, Leo finds his stoic shell breaking away. Just as their love ignites, Daphne's half-brother Ares strips Leonidas of his immortality. Now, it's just a matter of time before Leonidas is taken from her-unless they can find a way to challenge Ares together.
Michelle the Romance Witch
This book is an awesome end to a wonderful series. I can honestly say I was sorry to see it end. But I was thrilled that she gave us a true epilogue and allowed us to glimpse the happy endings for the couples we've so deeply fallen in love with. MY only problem is we never saw what the future looked like for Straton or Kalias... is there maybe a novella is our future telling all about them?
Michelle
I'm glad that Leo and Daphne finally got their story. Although it took me several weeks to read this, it was by no means the book's fault. (I found work getting in the way of my reading!)

The entire time I read this series, I kept thinking about the movie 300. Now that I've finished the book, I'm probably going to have to put the movie in again to drool over.

J
Decent book to read, but if I had limited time, I would pass it up for others. I think mostly because the author hits one of my major irritations in romance books. She keeps stressing and stressing about how the female protagonists are virgins and just "so innocent". It just bothers me. Otherwise, fun book, but not a great book.
Dewanna L. Durbin
This was the first book of Deidre Knight's that I've read. It definitely won't be the last. I loved it! I was sad, however, realize that it was the end of the series, now I'll just have to find the rest of the books to see how each of the characters found their spouses. Excellent read.
Tiffany
Was sad to see this series end but it was all that I hoped it would be. I'll admit, I was more into the Sable story line than Leo's, but it all worked out nicely.
Cynthia (aka Artemis)
Courtesy of Deidre Knight and RomCon Blog.
Tracy Elizabeth
Could be better.
Nicola
Nicola marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Damdam
Damdam marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Keta Frasco
Keta Frasco is currently reading it
Apr 09, 2014
Becky
Becky added it
Apr 04, 2014
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Zafirah
Zafirah marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2014
Mona Livsey
Mona Livsey marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Gnomie
Gnomie marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
  • Body of Sin (Otherkin, #4)
  • The Darkness Beyond (Paladins of Darkness, #8)
  • On the Hunt (Includes: Sentinel Wars #3.5, Nightkeepers #5.5, Gods of Midnight, #4.5)
  • The Reckoning (Immortals, #8)
  • Living Nightmare (Sentinel Wars, #4)
  • Vampire in Atlantis (Warriors of Poseidon, #7)
  • Forgotten Sea (Children of the Sea, #5)
  • The Haunting (Immortals, #7)
  • Vowed in Shadows (Marked Souls, #3)
  • The Awakening (Immortals, #3)
  • Cupid Cats (Dark Ones #7.5 (Unleashed))
  • Poisoned Kisses  (Mythica #3)
  • Storm Kissed (Nightkeepers, #6)
  • Kalina’s Discovery (Return to Wonderland, #2)
  • StarFire (DemonSlayers, #3)
  • Hunting the Demon (Demon Hunters, #2)
  • Angel at Dawn (Midnight, #10)
  • Nocturnal
Deidre Knight is a literary agent, mom, wife, novelist and southern woman, and proud to answer to all of these titles. Before she founded The Knight Agency in 1996, Deidre worked behind the camera in movies and television. During the thirteen years since she launched her literary agency, she has grown The Knight Agency to national prominence, shepherding authors on to every major bestseller list....more
More about Deidre Knight...
Butterfly Tattoo Red Fire (Gods of Midnight, #1) Parallel Attraction (Midnight Warriors, #1) Red Kiss (Gods of Midnight, #2) Red Demon (Gods of Midnight, #3)

“One of those pre-battle moments, a kind of sear-your-woman-into-your-mind glance, as you wonder if you'd ever see her again.” 1 likes