Start by marking “Panic” as Want to Read:
Panic

Panic

Through portraits painted in a muted palette, Panic embraces the ratcheting music of grief. Laura McCullough strives to uncover secrets beneath the platitudinal. Her narrative lyrics juxtapose private and public despair, portraying isolated stoicism against the backdrop of rippling disorder.
Published January 18th 2011 by Alice James Books (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Panic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Panic

Grady
Jan 24, 2011 Grady rated it it was amazing
A Seer Speaks

Laura McCullough is a poet who continues to explore situations and emotions unavailable to others - subsurface fears, frustrations, moments of doubt that arise only out of living a life that crosses forbidden accepted borders. She has that uncanny ability to shave terror and fear into moments that are tangent to a bizarre humor, seemingly finding the human comedy that so often is masked by a brittle black surface of incidental reality. In PANIC McCullough finds incidents of disaste
Damian Rucci
Oct 12, 2011 Damian Rucci rated it it was amazing
Panic by Laura McCullough is an interesting, yet great read. What seems to appear as a collection of mismatched poetry, culminates into a beautiful narration of a tragic loss. Each and every poem stands by itself, however, when in placement with one another, they forge a deep set tale, which invokes feelings and awe. Panic is the first book of poetry that I have ever read. Reading through its pages I have found a content place within poetry, and now aspire to read other collections of poetry.

Che
Katie
Apr 23, 2013 Katie rated it really liked it
I was just wondering if it would be too intense to write a collection of poetry where each poem is a tragedy, when I found this one. I had to step away a few times--it did make me tense--and it also had some moments of great storytelling. Good pace.
Gerry LaFemina
Feb 15, 2012 Gerry LaFemina rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
This is an absolutely lovely book book of poems: on a line-by-line level, this book made me keep reading, and kept surprising me with its language, with its poetry and with its heart.
Kris Bigalk
Aug 04, 2011 Kris Bigalk rated it it was amazing
I reviewed this book in The Blood Lotus Journal.
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Laura Mccullough
Laura Mccullough rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2015
Bella
Bella marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Aisha Schenk
Aisha Schenk marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Gianmarc Manzione
Gianmarc Manzione rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2014
Liv Lansdale
Liv Lansdale marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2013
Locapoka
Locapoka is currently reading it
Sep 15, 2012
Beth L
Beth L marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2012
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2012
Cara
Cara rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2012
Lindsay Oberst
Lindsay Oberst marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2012
Fritz
Fritz marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2011
Cathryn Cofell
Cathryn Cofell rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2011
Marylisa DeDomenicis
Marylisa DeDomenicis rated it really liked it
May 21, 2011
tee
tee marked it as to-read
May 10, 2011
Luis Correa
Luis Correa marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2011
Zoë
Zoë marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2011
Peter E.
Peter E. is currently reading it
Feb 24, 2011
Katherine Riegel
Katherine Riegel rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2011