Start by marking “This Time for Keeps” as Want to Read:
This Time for Keeps

This Time for Keeps

A great husband and kids...that's how Meg Montgomery has always seen her future. Her present...well, it looks a little different. Then suddenly she's guardian to her baby niece. And while the circumstances aren't ideal, Meg's determined to give Charlotte the home she deserves. That may be hard to achieve when Charlotte's uncle Russell comes back to town.Because Russell is ...more
Published September 14th 2010 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about This Time for Keeps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Time for Keeps

Jacqueline
Didn't like this one at all. Would never have picked it up and read it except that I got it from Tell Harlequin to read and review. I've said before that I don't like 2nd chance at love stories. This one illustrates most of the things I dislike about them. They can be okay if there isn't too much bitterness and anger over the break up. In this one the couple has given up on marriage. That sort I totally and intensly dispise. I read romances for fun. It isn't fun to read about the death of a baby ...more
Melissa
Mar 18, 2012 Melissa rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
I didn't think this was one of the better romances I've read lately. In fact, I just didn't enjoy it at all despite the main character being Scottish. Which is usually a plus in romance novels for me. But not this one, this one held no charm at all.

After the breakup of their marriage two years before, things have changed in both Meg and Russell's life. They were recovering from tragedy, and grew apart, and then when Russell left, everything was turned upside down in Meg's life. But she had to pu
Fedora
Nov 09, 2010 Fedora rated it it was ok
Did not care for the heroine, which made the book harder to get through (read this for TellHarlequin). The hero was appealing, but the heroine had a multitude of issues which made the story a bit depressing for me.
Beth - ;)
Nov 15, 2010 Beth - ;) rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, read-in-2010
This book was sent to me by Harlequin as part of their surveys. Not a book I would have chosen myself but then maybe I will actually enjoy it.

If I had not received this book as part of a survey I probably would have set it aside after just a few chapters. It was all too predictable and I did not really care about the characters.

I forgot to mention that there was a small bit of objectionable language in the book as well, not a word I have ever seen in a Harlequin book and hope not to see again.
Josephine
Nov 05, 2015 Josephine added it
Shelves: dnf
I was expecting a fun, unexpected baby story but this was heavy on the angst and drama. I found the writing to be a but superfluous and the frequent flashbacks slowed the pacing even further. I skimmed ahead, and I wasn't a fan of the black moment. I think readers looking for an emotional drama will like this.
Cecelia
A wonderful, heart wrenching book. The charachters are real and believable and the emotions are finely palpable. The tides of feeling that was over the reader while reading propell the story onward and kept me personally reading the book late into the night.
Tia
Dec 23, 2012 Tia rated it it was ok
I read this a while back and didn't completely dislike it but almost. I couldn't get over the fact what an ass the hero was. I wanted to punch him. Then the ending wasn't much of an ending at all. I felt totally frustrated.
Yona
Dec 24, 2012 Yona rated it liked it
Shelves: real-life
This book was sad from begging to end. There wasn't even one time when I wanted to smile and not cry. There was so much pain. Some will tell the end was happy but for me after all the hurt I just can't see it as one.
SheLove2Read
Got this as a freebie from Tell Harlequin. Not my thing. I'm not big into books with kids.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Suddenly a Parent
Donna
Not my usual type of story. But it was well written and very well set up and done. Turned out to be a very emotional book as well.
Penney
Oct 25, 2010 Penney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, the story was great and sad at time,the characters were amasing, a truly wonderful read! I couldn't put it down. I highly recommend reading it.
Diana Maria
Diana Maria rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2012
Seretyx
Seretyx rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2013
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2013
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2015
Sandra
Sandra rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2017
Archana
Archana rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2010
CaliGirlRae
CaliGirlRae rated it it was ok
Oct 21, 2010
Tiffany Medlin
Tiffany Medlin rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2011
Pami
Pami rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2015
Sandra
Sandra rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2016
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2013
Debbie DiFiore
Debbie DiFiore rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2015
Cindy
Cindy rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2011
Connie
Connie rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2010
Khothy
Khothy rated it did not like it
Mar 29, 2014
Virginia Udaundo
Virginia Udaundo rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2015
Suzi
Suzi rated it it was ok
Sep 17, 2011
Best-selling author Jenna Mills grew up surrounded by the evocative plantation ruins, haunting swamps, and timeless legends of south Louisiana. She penned her first official work of fiction at the ripe old age of six, turning to suspense three years later with JACQUIE AND THE SWAMP. Since then her stories have grown in complexity, but her love for adventurous women and dangerous men has remained c ...more
More about Jenna Mills...