This Time for Keeps

This Time for Keeps (Suddenly a Parent #18)

3.14 of 5 stars 3.14  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  12 reviews
A great husband and kids...that's how Meg Montgomery has always seen her future. Her present...well, it looks a little different. Then suddenly she's guardian to her baby niece. And while the circumstances aren't ideal, Meg's determined to give Charlotte the home she deserves. That may be hard to achieve when Charlotte's uncle Russell comes back to town.Because Russell is...more
Published September 14th 2010 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2010)

Jacqueline
Didn't like this one at all. Would never have picked it up and read it except that I got it from Tell Harlequin to read and review. I've said before that I don't like 2nd chance at love stories. This one illustrates most of the things I dislike about them. They can be okay if there isn't too much bitterness and anger over the break up. In this one the couple has given up on marriage. That sort I totally and intensly dispise. I read romances for fun. It isn't fun to read about the death of a baby...more
Melissa
I didn't think this was one of the better romances I've read lately. In fact, I just didn't enjoy it at all despite the main character being Scottish. Which is usually a plus in romance novels for me. But not this one, this one held no charm at all.

After the breakup of their marriage two years before, things have changed in both Meg and Russell's life. They were recovering from tragedy, and grew apart, and then when Russell left, everything was turned upside down in Meg's life. But she had to pu...more
Fedora
Did not care for the heroine, which made the book harder to get through (read this for TellHarlequin). The hero was appealing, but the heroine had a multitude of issues which made the story a bit depressing for me.
Beth - ;)
This book was sent to me by Harlequin as part of their surveys. Not a book I would have chosen myself but then maybe I will actually enjoy it.

If I had not received this book as part of a survey I probably would have set it aside after just a few chapters. It was all too predictable and I did not really care about the characters.

I forgot to mention that there was a small bit of objectionable language in the book as well, not a word I have ever seen in a Harlequin book and hope not to see again....more
Cecelia
A wonderful, heart wrenching book. The charachters are real and believable and the emotions are finely palpable. The tides of feeling that was over the reader while reading propell the story onward and kept me personally reading the book late into the night.
Tia
I read this a while back and didn't completely dislike it but almost. I couldn't get over the fact what an ass the hero was. I wanted to punch him. Then the ending wasn't much of an ending at all. I felt totally frustrated.
Yona
This book was sad from begging to end. There wasn't even one time when I wanted to smile and not cry. There was so much pain. Some will tell the end was happy but for me after all the hurt I just can't see it as one.
Penney
I really enjoyed this book, the story was great and sad at time,the characters were amasing, a truly wonderful read! I couldn't put it down. I highly recommend reading it.
Donna
Not my usual type of story. But it was well written and very well set up and done. Turned out to be a very emotional book as well.
SheLove2Read
Got this as a freebie from Tell Harlequin. Not my thing. I'm not big into books with kids.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Suddenly a Parent
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Suddenly a Parent
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Mindy
Mindy added it
Apr 14, 2014
Mokona
Mokona added it
Sep 21, 2013
Ashly Stephens
Ashly Stephens marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2013
Aqp
Aqp marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2013
Reem Taha
Reem Taha marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2013
Maria Pedersen
Maria Pedersen marked it as to-read
May 20, 2013
Dominique
Dominique marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Best-selling author Jenna Mills grew up surrounded by the evocative plantation ruins, haunting swamps, and timeless legends of south Louisiana. She penned her first official work of fiction at the ripe old age of six, turning to suspense three years later with JACQUIE AND THE SWAMP. Since then her stories have grown in complexity, but her love for adventurous women and dangerous men has remained c...more
More about Jenna Mills...
A Verdict of Love Killing Me Softly Shock Waves (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #1287) Veiled Legacy (The Madonna Key, #6) The Cop Next Door (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #1181)