Start by marking “The Violet Collar” as Want to Read:
The Violet Collar

The Violet Collar

Roaming the dusty streets of 1899 New York, young Jessie’s destiny is about to take a crash course. In just one night, she encounters an unusual man, is forced to flee from a gang she thought she could avoid, and leave her life behind forever. A new city awaits, but her dream of escaping her old life is threatened by new dangers, and perhaps a new love. Dominic, also tryin ...more
Published February 1st 2011 by Smashwords Edition (first published December 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Violet Collar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Violet Collar

Sharon Chance
Jan 07, 2012 Sharon Chance rated it it was amazing
As a book reviewer who has been at this for some 15 years now, I have seen and read just about every type of book you can imagine. Fiction, non-fiction, good ones, bad ones, mediocre ones. I am proud to say that I have given all the books I’ve reviewed my complete and honest consideration and opinion.

But every once in a while, amongst all the books I’m asked to consider for review, there comes a gem of a book that might have passed unnoticed if not for a happy twist of fate.

“The Violet Collar” b
C
Jul 15, 2012 C rated it it was amazing
Ok, love story, girlie stuff, but I really liked this one. It also gives you background of of how people lived at the time (when people mostly rode horses, sailed to travel...)
Other than love, I liked the humanity in the characters. Fear, regret, benevolence, greed, lust, darkness of humans.
Renea
Nov 30, 2012 Renea rated it it was amazing
Oh how I hated to see The Violet Collar end. It was a FANTASTIC read. So much so that I am even tempted to write the author to tell him what I great story this is.
Dominic is Mysterious, dangerous and intriguing and I just LOVED him from the get go. Jessie is cautious, a runaway and can hold her own for the most part. She is the heroine in the book and I just loved her from the start.

I also loved Big Jack and would like to hear more of his story.

I highly recommend this book. The religious unde
Kari
Mar 01, 2012 Kari rated it it was amazing
The strong feeling within the words of The Violet Collar is intoxicating! I could not put it down! I felt like I was drinking in the passionate emotions. The love between Dominic and jessie is so deep and intense. The emotions, adventures, suspense and the underlying premise really spoke to me. This book will leave you breathless. Samuel has a way of capturing his readers and speaking directly to them!
Jane
The Violet Collar offers a story of two lovers in the early 1900's. Dominic is a wealthy gentleman who wants to deal 'fair and square' but in the society of power he deals with that is not often possible. He has adapted to deal with the corruption in business to not show weakness and come out on top. He seeks to escape the life he leads to go to a simpler and purer place where he can follow his dreams.

Fate throws a young woman, Jessie Rolins into his path and the task of liquidating and leaving
Amber
Jul 19, 2012 Amber rated it really liked it
Based on the blurb and the title/cover, I thought this book was going to be BDSM erotica set in 1900 America and I was so on board. But I struggled through a lot of it, like is this trying to be BDSM? Is it trying to be historical romance? And then I realized that's what's great about this book, it's not really trying to be anything, it just is. It's a story that wants to be told without trying to conform. Though it had some editing issues (both on a smaller technical scale and larger developmen ...more
Booklover
2 3/4 stars. The Violet Collar is a historical romance set primarily in Boston. It was OK, but kind of boring - it sells itself as having a BDSM element, but it's very mild - practically non-existent. Would I have liked it more without that expectation? Maybe, but I think I would have still found it boring, a bit too brutal in the action scenes (i guess that's realistic for the time, but I like more escapism even in my historical romance and don't enjoy too much violence / brutality), and I didn ...more
Stacey
Stacey rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2013
Sassyandsultry Books
Sassyandsultry Books rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2013
Angela Starkey
Angela Starkey rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2012
Erica Maxwell
Erica Maxwell rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2017
Paul Bailey
Paul Bailey rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2014
Andy
Andy rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2014
Tara
Tara rated it it was amazing
Dec 22, 2012
Monique Grasso
Monique Grasso rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2012
Jamie Jewell
Jamie Jewell rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2012
Lily
Lily rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2012
Carolina Terbush
Carolina Terbush rated it did not like it
Feb 25, 2014
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it liked it
May 13, 2013
Veronica Artino
Veronica Artino rated it liked it
May 30, 2014
Elsbeth
Elsbeth rated it did not like it
Jan 10, 2013
Jaye
Jaye rated it it was ok
Dec 15, 2013
Maria S
Maria S rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2013
Virginia Cantrell
Virginia Cantrell rated it liked it
May 21, 2014
Patricia
Patricia rated it really liked it
May 27, 2014
Amber
Amber rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2015
Linda Welsh-arboleda
Linda Welsh-arboleda rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2013
Toni
Toni rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2013
beth holman
beth holman rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2014