Start by marking “The Violet Collar” as Want to Read:
The Violet Collar

The Violet Collar

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Roaming the dusty streets of 1899 New York, young Jessie’s destiny is about to take a crash course. In just one night, she encounters an unusual man, is forced to flee from a gang she thought she could avoid, and leave her life behind forever. A new city awaits, but her dream of escaping her old life is threatened by new dangers, and perhaps a new love. Dominic, also tryin ...more
Published February 1st 2011 by Smashwords Edition (first published December 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Violet Collar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Violet Collar

Sharon Chance
As a book reviewer who has been at this for some 15 years now, I have seen and read just about every type of book you can imagine. Fiction, non-fiction, good ones, bad ones, mediocre ones. I am proud to say that I have given all the books I’ve reviewed my complete and honest consideration and opinion.

But every once in a while, amongst all the books I’m asked to consider for review, there comes a gem of a book that might have passed unnoticed if not for a happy twist of fate.

“The Violet Collar” b
C Lee
Ok, love story, girlie stuff, but I really liked this one. It also gives you background of of how people lived at the time (when people mostly rode horses, sailed to travel...)
Other than love, I liked the humanity in the characters. Fear, regret, benevolence, greed, lust, darkness of humans.
Renea
Oh how I hated to see The Violet Collar end. It was a FANTASTIC read. So much so that I am even tempted to write the author to tell him what I great story this is.
Dominic is Mysterious, dangerous and intriguing and I just LOVED him from the get go. Jessie is cautious, a runaway and can hold her own for the most part. She is the heroine in the book and I just loved her from the start.

I also loved Big Jack and would like to hear more of his story.

I highly recommend this book. The religious unde
Kari
The strong feeling within the words of The Violet Collar is intoxicating! I could not put it down! I felt like I was drinking in the passionate emotions. The love between Dominic and jessie is so deep and intense. The emotions, adventures, suspense and the underlying premise really spoke to me. This book will leave you breathless. Samuel has a way of capturing his readers and speaking directly to them!
Jane
The Violet Collar offers a story of two lovers in the early 1900's. Dominic is a wealthy gentleman who wants to deal 'fair and square' but in the society of power he deals with that is not often possible. He has adapted to deal with the corruption in business to not show weakness and come out on top. He seeks to escape the life he leads to go to a simpler and purer place where he can follow his dreams.

Fate throws a young woman, Jessie Rolins into his path and the task of liquidating and leaving
Amber
Based on the blurb and the title/cover, I thought this book was going to be BDSM erotica set in 1900 America and I was so on board. But I struggled through a lot of it, like is this trying to be BDSM? Is it trying to be historical romance? And then I realized that's what's great about this book, it's not really trying to be anything, it just is. It's a story that wants to be told without trying to conform. Though it had some editing issues (both on a smaller technical scale and larger developmen ...more
Irina
Irina marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Georgeanne
Georgeanne marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
May 30, 2015
Cindy Feldhiser
Cindy Feldhiser marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Velvet
Velvet added it
Apr 06, 2015
Amy Fielding
Amy Fielding marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Meryl Robertson
Meryl Robertson is currently reading it
Jan 04, 2015
Chirag Mehta
Chirag Mehta marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Kristie Wright
Kristie Wright marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Harvina Britain
Harvina Britain marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Fi
Fi marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Jul 07, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Gillian Black
Gillian Black marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Billie
Billie marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014