Start by marking “Highland Conqueror (Murray Family, #10)” as Want to Read:
Highland Conqueror (Murray Family, #10)

Highland Conqueror (Murray Family #10)

4.25  ·  Rating Details ·  2,621 Ratings  ·  84 Reviews
Bestselling author Hannah Howell captures the breathless danger and desire of the Highlands in this exciting tale of a fierce Scotsman who lays siege to the heart of a proud English beauty...

Lady Jolene Gerard is running out of time--each moment she remains within the walls of Drumwich Castle she is in jeopardy. Her only chance lies with a prisoner chained to the dungeon w

Published November 1st 2006 by Zebra Books (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Highland Conqueror, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highland Conqueror

Dina
Oct 18, 2009 Dina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dina by: Elaine
This is another book that my sister had "pestered" me to read for ages until I finally caved about 2 years ago. I didn't remember much about it anymore, which meant that I neither loved or hated it, so I decided to reread it this weekend and see whether I should become a Hannah Howell fan like my sister...

Sigimor Cameron, a Highland Laird, goes to England to help Peter Gerard, an Englishman who saved his life years ago. But when Sigimor and his clansmen arrive at Drumwich Castle, it's too late:
Laura V.
Gina
Apr 08, 2008 Gina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a great first book to Howell's 'Camerons' series.

Jolene, no matter how petite and delicate she looked, she gave back as good as she got - and then some. The more I read, the more proud of her I became. She made tough decisions, decisions I would never want to make. She had a backbone, didn't take crap from anyone, stood up for herself and listened to her common sense when arguing wouldn't solve anything. She is a female character one can admire without feeling guilty.

And Sigimor... (sigh)
Kathrynn
This was a great book and begins a set (that does not need to be read in order) with the Cameron family. This is Sigimor's (the oldest) tale. He's been "in charge" of the massive family for years. He's a crazy Scot! Hunter, predator, but down to earth.

There are many books that follow this with other members of the Cameron family and Sigimor appears in and out of them. He's still a riot!

Funny!

Cruth
Sep 12, 2013 Cruth rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
"Ye are fortunate, wife. Your body's gates of innocence werenae locked verra tightly." p.126, loc.1675

Author: Hannah Howell
First published: 2005
Length: 352 pages, 4612 locations
Setting: Scotland, 1473.
Sex: explicit and more descriptive than previous books. First time post marriage.
Heroine: "a small woman, lacking in the full curves men seemed to desire." p.132, loc.1741
Series: Book 10 of Howell's Murray series. Book 1 of Cameron family sub-series (although sister Isla had her story told in "High
Inka
May 07, 2016 Inka rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ааааах Сигимор Сигимор, дълго го чаках, дочаках го и съм много доволна. От първата до последната страница не ме разочарова нито за миг. Беше сладък и забавен. Историята започва как Сигимор, заедно няколко от старите ни познайници отива на помощ на англичанина Питър Джерард, който някога му е спасил живота. За жалост се оказва, че пристига прекалено късно, Питър вече е убит, а Сигимор и хората му се оказват затворени в тъмница очакващи да бъдат обесени.
Тогава обаче на помощ им идва Джолийн Джерар
Zel Polev
Nov 18, 2014 Zel Polev rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Caron Pescatore
Oct 08, 2014 Caron Pescatore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahhh this was a sublime reading experience for me! It's the second Hannah Howell novel that I've read, and I absolutely loved it! When I started reading reviews for Ms. Howell's various novels, so many reviewers compared her to Julie Garwood, who is my all time favorite author of Medieval and Highland romance novels. I didn't see any similarities in the first Howell novel I read, "Beauty and the Beast" and was a bit disappointed--although that was a really good read for me.

However, as soon as I
Sara Mitchell
Mar 20, 2014 Sara Mitchell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been looking forward to sigimor cameron's story. Sigimor Cameron receives a message from his English friend Peter Gerard for help. Since Sigimor owes Peter his life he makes his way to London only to imprisoned by Peter's evil cousin. Jolene Gerard has been hiding out in fear with her nephew ever since her house killed her brother Peter. She goes to the dungeons to free Sigimor and enlist his help in escaping. Jolene and Sigimor then journey back to Scotland with a ruthless killer chasing t ...more
Julie
Miss Howell did it again! Such a magnificently told tale of Cameron adventure and romance. Don't miss it! Your heart won't be sorry. ; - )
Tina "coffee and books"
Hotness Rating 3 out of 5

Review to come. ...
Titis Wardhana
seems promising...
Lillie
Jan 23, 2016 Lillie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-heroine
I loved Sigimor. A super tall, handsome, red haired highlander, with a sense of humor? How could i not? He wasn't your typical brooding, dark past, type of hero and I loved that. Sometimes i like a light-hearted hero.

Unfortunately, i didn't like Jolene. Now, i didn't out right hate her, she even started out ok... but as things started to progress she turned into that annoying, "im gonna think and do stupid things because of stupid reasons", getting people and herself into danger when she should
Joy
Oct 18, 2009 Joy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first Hannah Howell book I've read and I didn't expect much. All I know is she has this Highland series and this book is the 10th. Her novels are stand-alone and characters may recur but the stories aren't intertwined as she mentioned in her website.

It was a light read with a decent plot, characters were well constructed and they gradually developed. I only gave it a four because I wasn't really riveted with the suspense, the hero and heroine running away from the antagonist, but sin
Chandra
Oct 16, 2011 Chandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chandra by: chandragay01@gmail.com
***BE ADVISED: I am a Hannah Howell fan de la ultimate. My opinion might be a tab bit one-sided.***

AUTHOR: Historical Romance author. Series is ongoing. Hannah Howell connects characters from one book to the other very smoothly

SYNOPSIS –
How dare he be a clan leader rescuing a Sassenach; bringing her from England into Scotland for protection. But okay, her cousin has killed her brother and wants to get it on with her. She is a threat and so is her brother's heir. Now READ!!!

(5 out of 5) Stars. El
Elle
Mar 16, 2012 Elle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OK, I'm rating many books in this series at 4, because I think they're above average, but they don't rank among my all-time favorites. That said, this one is probably my favorite so far in this series, entirely because of the hero, Sigimor Cameron. This is a guy who does not take life, or himself, too seriously. I've known and loved people like this guy, who love to poke you when you're down, just to make you mad instead of sad. LOL.

So here's the basic story: Sigimor and his companions rush to
Kaylyn
Apr 29, 2013 Kaylyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~4.5 Stars~
Lady Jolene is a great heroine. She isn’t used to roughing it but doesn’t complain. She just puts on her big girl panties and deals with it all. I loved how selfless she is because she was willing to sacrifice love for her nephew. She is a tiny little thing but has no problem going toe to toe with Sigimor.

Sigimor is a very loyal man. He cares for his family deeply no matter how close they are related to him. While he didn’t have much of a choice to help Jolene, he went above and beyon
Staci
Mar 15, 2011 Staci rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another Howell romance in the Murray family series that doesn't actually involve a Murray. In fact, I don't think you even see a Murray in the book. Gillyanne might be mentioned a couple of times but the closest you get to her is Fiona and Nanty. This novel tells the story of Sigimor, Ewan's cousin and Ilsa's brother (and Liam and Gregor's cousin but their stories are told in novels that take place after this one). Howell once again brings up the woman from the past to make the female protagonis ...more
K
Jun 12, 2012 K rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of historical romance/series
Recommended to K by: fan of series
As I have liked the other books in the series, I was looking forward to reading this one. Especially to see where the author would go next. And although I liked it and found it an enjoyable read, it was only okay for me; and I did not think it was as good as some of the other books I have read in the series. Don't get me wrong, I loved Sigimor's character in the previous book, and was happy to see him get his HEA. I also loved the independence of the heroine. However, it was just missing somethi ...more
Annie
Dec 07, 2014 Annie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
All of these books tend to feel the same. Kinda dumb and foolish heroines with heroes unable to say "I love you" unless the heroine says it first and sexual pasts that cause trouble for them. It's tiresome. And there are so many characters that it's hard to keep them all straight, though I don't really care that much to try. Most likely the last book of Ms. Howell's that I'll read.
Holly
Sigimor is a favorite character from many other books. His sense of humor is odd and he acts out in the strangest ways, but I really love him. That he ends up with an English lass who isn't the least bit afraid of him or willing to stay where he puts her is perfect.

The intrigue is silly and didn't do much for me, but their relationship was entertaining and fun to read about.
June
Feb 21, 2011 June rated it really liked it
Sir Sigimor Cameron the oldest of 14 boys and 1 girl. I have really enjoyed Hannah Howells Highlander series and it doesn't matter what order you read them in. Just read them as they interest you.

Jolene rescues Sigimor and several of his men from a dungeon in a castle in England. Jolene is an English lass, small in stature with fair skin and dark hair. Sigimor has always been attractive to more buxom and tall women. He is well over 6 feet, but he soon learns he desires this pretty English rose,
Christine Brand
Aug 04, 2014 Christine Brand rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Was a wonderful book

Was a wonderful book

I really enjoyed the first of this series. The main characters were both interesting and fun. Serious trials they had to overcome but this book still held romance and even some great humor. Looking forward to continuing the next in the Cameron legacy.
Nelshia
Jul 18, 2016 Nelshia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Totalmente lo amo...
muy divertido y con las ocurrencias de Sigimor .... la pobre de Jolene no sabe si agarrarlo a besos o golpearlo con lo que tenga mas cerca.
Un libro ligero y divertido que te garantiza pasar un buen rato.
Tarha
Apr 08, 2013 Tarha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Found this book in the library. I didn't realize that this book is part of a 19-book series but I really enjoyed the book anyway. The family tree is a little confusing for me since I haven't read any of the other books yet. Jolene and Sigimor are great characters but not as developed as I would like. I felt myself wanting to know more about the characters. With that being said, I really enjoyed the plot line in this book. The chase between Jolene/Sigimor and Harold kept things interesting and th ...more
Mary
Jan 06, 2015 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

Once again she has wrote a amazing book. Kept me captivated and couldn't stop reading. The ending brought tears to my eyes but I still loved the book
Ggaspar Gegargas
Aug 19, 2014 Ggaspar Gegargas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un libro apasionante, como casi todos los de los highlander. Me encantó Sigimor y sus hermanos. Por supuesto me seguiré leyendo el resto de la saga. Promete.
Bridget
I enjoy these books but they are eminently forgettable. After reading them, I don't remember the book. Howell has one formula plot and varies it enough to be worth reading, but not worth reading twice. In this one, Jolene is hiding in her own home fortress with her toddler nephew, after a relative poisoned the boy's father and attempted to take over the keep. Before his death, Jolene's brother asked the Cameron's for help but they arrived too late and were imprisoned in the dungeon.

Jolene frees
Patricia Wissore
Started with this one in the series, now to go back and start at the beginning!
Gayle Monasmith
Highland Conqueror is a book worth reading again. Which I plan to do.
  • Highland Hearts
  • Highlander Unchained (MacLeods of Skye Trilogy, #3)
  • To Wed a Highlander (The McTiernays, #2)
  • Highland Dragon
  • Claiming the Highlander (Brotherhood of the Sword #2/MacAllister, #1)
  • Sword of the Highlands (Highlands, #2)
  • A Highlander's Temptation (MacKenzie, #7)
  • A Highlander Never Surrenders (MacGregors, #2)
  • To Catch a Highlander (MacLean Curse, #3)
  • The Hellion and the Highlander (Devil of the Highlands, #3)
  • To Conquer a Highlander (Highlander, #1)
Hannah Dustin Howell is a best-selling American author of over 40 historical romance novels. Many of her novels are set in medieval Scotland. She also writes under the names Sarah Dustin, Sandra Dustin, and Anna Jennet (see below).

She has also used the following pseudonyms:
Anna Jennet, Sarah Dustin and Sandra Dustin
More about Hannah Howell...

Murray Family (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Highland Destiny (Murray Family, #1)
  • Highland Honor (Murray Family, #2)
  • Highland Promise (Murray Family, #3)
  • Highland Vow (Murray Family, #4)
  • Highland Knight  (Murray Family, #5)
  • Highland Bride (Murray Family, #6 & MacEnroys, #1)
  • Highland Angel (Murray Family, #7)
  • Highland Groom (Murray Family, #8 & MacEnroy, #2)
  • Highland Warrior (Murray Family, #9 & MacEnroy, #3)
  • Highland Champion (Murray Family, #11 & Camerons, #2)