Start by marking “The Maya Codex” as Want to Read:
The Maya Codex

The Maya Codex

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  13 reviews
DECEMBER 2012 –TIME IS RUNNING OUT . . .

Deep in the Guatemalan jungle lies the Maya Codex, an ancient document containing a terrible warning for civilisation.Archaeologist Dr Aleta Weizman and CIA agent Curtis O'Connor are desperately searching for the codex, but powerful forces in Washington and Rome will do anything to stop them.

Both Weizman and O'Connor know that the e
Published August 2nd 2010 by Penguin Australia (first published July 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Maya Codex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Maya Codex

Dale
Okay, I made it about half way. But I can't read any more. I have no idea what happened with the time jump between Nazi Germany and modern day US... it just sort of happened. And I HATE the US Vice President character. I can't read it anymore. There are too many other good books on my list to read rather than spending my time finishing this!
Lyn Richards
I simply loved the travels of archaeologist Dr Aleta Weizman and CIA agent Curtis O'Connor. This book kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time I was listening to this book. I couldn't put it down.

The mystery, intrigue and conspiracy theories abound in Adrian d'Hage storyline.

I also love a book that peaks my curiosity and encourages me to check some of the facts. Before reading this book I was not aware of Hugo Boss' connection to the Nazi party, the impact of the 36 year Guatemalan civil w
Balthazar Lawson
I didn't particularly enjoy this book as the story didn't make much sense. I can accept all the tomb raiding action but there are characters and events that just didn't make sense, such as the DDO at the CIA. He was just totally wrong and felt out of place.

One thing that really annoys me about novels when done badly is the time line. You never know if the the event that is happening is a day after the previous chapter or a week or month. Events need to flow in a reasonable time line and this is
Gopal (The Minion)
The Maya' s - An ancient civilization that was capable of accurate predictions based on astrological planetary movements. A civilization which foresaw the end of world on 21-Dec-2012 and took steps to protect and hide the ominous prediction and its resolution until the time was right.

The Maya Codex - the legendary codex written by the Maya to help prevent the destruction of world. The catch - it's hidden and can be found only when the time is right.

The Maya created 3 figurines to protect the pat
Wendy Howard
CIA agent Curtis O'Connor is tasked with eliminating Dr Aleta Weizman, a Guatemalan archaeologist - but is suspicious of the motives behind the orders, and becomes her protector instead, defying his bosses and enraging others in the process.

Why does Washington and Rome want to stop her from finding the artifacts that will reveal the warnings written by the Mayans in ancient times? What will it reveal about the alignment of the planets in the upcoming solstice? Will they find out in time?

This is
Graham
A work of fiction that will divide its readers down the middle. Maybe if you're one of the many blinkered in your religious beliefs this book might not be for you. But if you have an open mind, read on. Nazi Germany, the Vatican, Catholic priests, Washington, and the Mayans are all woven into this wonderful tale. Each to their own, but my beliefs entirely match that of the writer. We live in societies that force us to live with our heads in the sand. This book attempts to show us what could very ...more
Michelle
I'm sure we have all heard of the Mayan prophecies about 2012 and the surposed end of the world in December next year (that said, something is meant to happen today as well...). This is a bit of an Indiana Jones/James Bond adventure into the search for the Mayan Codex that is meant to go into more detail about what is going to happen 21/12/2012. Fun read, start of a trilogy.
Tamzin Ackers
I only got half way through this book, i liked the idea of it - but found it hard to follow as i think you have to have an extensive knowledge of the history to understand, me - not knowing much about the germans, their language OR the vatican, i found it hard. BUT - if you did, I think it would be an awesome read!
Ericka Meanor
It spent a little too much time setting up for the adventure and some of the background nazi stuff was a little more detailed than necessary but otherwise enjoyable. It also may be OK that they built up so much because there are two more books in the series.
Charan Rahul
Could have been so much better. The book did not leave me wanting to read the previous one, nor make me curious enough to think of picking up the sequel.

Teresa
Good writing & storyline but I just wish you tied up all loose ends to have a solid ending.
Wogc
predictible mystery book. not spectacular
Ken Dean
An easy read, nothing special
Vijayakrishna Pondala
Vijayakrishna Pondala marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Desi
Desi marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Vilde
Vilde marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Yeşim Işıklı
Yeşim Işıklı marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Rhonda King
Rhonda King marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Adrian d'Hagé was educated at North Sydney Boys High School and the Royal Military College Duntroon (Applied Science). He served as a platoon commander in Vietnam where he was awarded the Military Cross. His military service included command of an infantry battalion, Director of Joint Operations and Head of Defence Public Relations. In 1994 Adrian was made a Member of the Order of Australia. As a ...more
More about Adrian d'Hagé...
The Omega Scroll The Inca Prophecy The Beijing Conspiracy The Alexandria Connection