An Ideal Wife (Jessica Wild, #3)

An Ideal Wife (Jessica Wild #3)

3.14 of 5 stars 3.14  ·  rating details  ·  283 ratings  ·  36 reviews
How to ruin a perfectly good marriage: become an Ideal Wife!

Married to the man she loves—sweet, sexy Max—Jessica Wild-Wainwright is blissfully happy . . . except for one tiny little problem: She never confessed to an (almost) tryst with Max’s biggest rival right before their wedding. Eaten up with guilt and facing down threats of exposure, Jessica decides to give Max what...more
Published (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about An Ideal Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Ideal Wife

Jessica Lawlor
An Ideal Wife by Gemma Townley is the third book in the hilarious Jessica Wild series. Jessica Wild is insanely in love with her husband Max, and Max is just as enamored with her. However, Jessica has a secret. A secret she knows she needs to confess to Max, but she doesn’t want to because Max believes that Jessica is the “perfect wife.”

So Jessica goes on a mission to discover what it means to be a perfect wife. She begins volunteering at a homeless shelter, takes a cooking class and attempts to...more
Maggie
While this book is short in pages, it is long in reading. I felt the writing was trying too hard to be funny which made it take forever to get through and slightly exhausting.
Stephanie
Aileen
This is a continuation of the last book, Jess and Max have been married
a year, Jess is hiding a secret but what? Max thinks she’s the perfect
wife but is she? Jess comes up with a project to make her “The Ideal
Wife” but can she succeed? I didn’t really enjoy this book as much as
the other 2 I have read in the past, not sure I would recommend.

Casey Bennett
I wasn't too impressed with this. It was an easy read but very predictable. Reading a book like this makes me feel like I could be an author.
Toni
I was disappointed to the end of this series. I felt it was cluttered with characters and didn't feel true to her character.
Caren
I never made it past the 5th page. Just did not interest me. I'm beginning to think I don't like Chick-lit.
Amy
I am so happy I didn't listen to some of the other reviews on here about this book! Honestly, if you liked the other two books in the series, I can't understand why you wouldn't enjoy this one also - it's just more of the same. Sure, it's a little bit far fetched, silly and farcical, but no more so than the other two books, which were equally as improbable and light hearted! That's what I like about this series, anyway; I like reading series because I feel like meeting the characters again is a...more
Shanna
This is the third and final installment of Jessica Wild. In this book Jessica decides she needs to become "The Ideal Wife" for her hubby Max. After many misforutnes trying to become 'ideal' which lands her husband in the hospital, she then has to look after the business while Max is recuperating. Along the way many things happen that make Jessica question if she's right for Max at all. Wasn't the best book of the three...from the first book where Jessica lives on the straight and narrow and does...more
mandyfujita
I read Gemma Townley's "A Wild Affair" a long time ago, but you don't have to really read it to understand "An Ideal Wife". At the beginning, I didn't care for Jessica. She seemed to doubt herself especially when her husband, Max, refers to her as the perfect wife. She thinks by learning how to cook and iron will get her into a higher status as being the best wife she can be.

Things eventually get screwed up when an value audit happens at work, her busband breaks his leg and the mafia follows J...more
Deborah Sigel
I thought I just "kind of" liked it, until near the end of this short read, which was like a comedy of errors. I laughed, then I cried.
Kendra
It's a cute, fun, escapist novel. Jessica is a very well written protagonist, but the plot felt a bit like whipped cream--delicious but with a lack of real substance. I'm not expecting the book to be anything but a light read, it's just that the plot seemed somewhat contrived and a leaned a little too heavily on the previous two books in the series (which were both quite engaging and fun to read). If you are a fan of Jessica Wild, it's a good read; if you're a newbie, try one of the previous Jes...more
Cobie

Not her best work. I honestly couldn't wait for it to be over. I liked the other books that contained the same characters but was not fussy on this one. I think maybe it's too bad that this will be the last book with these characters. I think the author was just lazy when writing them in this book bc there wasnt much of the same qualities in the characters as it was in the previous books.
Meri
The third and final in this series of Townley's, this was maybe my favorite of the three. There are all of the familiar characters but another surprise from Jessica's past to keep you guessing. This one has a bit more heart than the other two though. She does an excellent job writing funny and entertaining characters. Similar in style to Sophie Kinsella, but definitely her own style as well.
Meghan
Clare
Terrible premise for a book - a newlywed woman is being blackmailed by the man she slept with before her marriage but during her engagement. To rid herself of her feelings of guilt, she tries to be the ideal wife. I just felt icky over this so stopped reading - by the middle of the second chapter.
Jessica
I've liked this series less and less as it has gone on. Jessica Wild-Wainwright just gets dumber and dumber. It was also very predictable. I don't mean to sound harsh, but it was just corny and I'm glad it's over.
Kit Murray
this book was a cute quick read. i am a sucker for dramatic romantic comedies written by british female authors. and this book delivered in that i knew there would be a happy ending kind of way. loved it.
Erin
2.5 stars...i felt a little frustrated with the main character...i didn't understand her need to be perfect, or why it was so hard for her to tell the truth...so just an ok read for me.
Monica Hocking
Nothing amazing-but a nice easy read with a funny story line. This is the third book in the series and should probably be the last. The characters are cute but it just fight united me much.
I found this a bit slow and had to really push myself to get to half way through it. I then decided that it wasn't worth finishing it when I had other more promising books to read.
Johanne
Just the last 30-something pages are worth the whole book :) (the story is good too - nothing spectacular, a nice easy read). I mean, what more could go wrong? hehe I'm still smiling. :)
Rosie
It's mildly entertaining and apparently 3rd in a series. But not for those who like intricate plots, definitely a pool side read or something.
Melissa
Great book! Would love to see a movie made from this one. Very witty and kept my attention. Didn't want to put it down!
Louise
I really enjoyed this book so much so that I practically finished it in one sitting
Rachel Jayme
I love everything gemma writes... hope she has a new one out soon... imiss her.
Tasha
In all fairness, I only read a few chapters. I just couldn't get into it.
Tammy
final book, thankfully.
a bit of drama happens but other than that, bleh.
Lindsey Stromberg
This was a very cute easy or fluffy read. Like the charactor Helen : )
  • Confetti Confidential (Isabel Bookbinder #3)
  • Fashionably Late
  • Slave to Fashion
  • Special Relationship
  • Forget Me Knot
  • Wicked Wonderland
  • Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City (Holly's Inbox #2)
  • Montana Destiny
  • The Accidental Time Traveller
  • Making Mischief
  • On the Couch
  • Engaging Men
  • The Nine Month Plan
Gemma Townley launched her writing career at the age of sixteen with a book review in Harpers & Queen. At Reading University, unimpressed with the official university paper, Spark, she launched a satirical rival, Spank, which she edited for a year before taking over as deputy editor on Spark and features editor on South-East Student.

Gemma is currently head of communications at the Chartered In...more
More about Gemma Townley...
Little White Lies: A Novel of Love and Good Intentions The Importance of Being Married (Jessica Wild, #1) When in Rome...: A Novel of Piazzas and Passion The Hopeless Romantic's Handbook Learning Curves