Start by marking “Paging Aphrodite” as Want to Read:
Paging Aphrodite

Paging Aphrodite

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  204 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Four strong women from different walks of life in Australia, London and San Francisco, they've all come to the breathtakingly beautiful isle of Corfu seeking the same thing—refuge. Between marriage woes, dead-end careers, and demanding families, these women need a vacation—a little sun, a few shots of Sambuca, and a couple of sexy Greek men will surely allow them to relax, ...more
Published October 26th 2004 by Delta (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Paging Aphrodite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paging Aphrodite

The Demarcation of Jack by Dana BennettThe Beach by Alex GarlandDelicious Desires by Jackie WilliamsTreasured Dreams by Jackie WilliamsJaws by Peter Benchley
Takes you away...to the beach
37th out of 234 books — 189 voters
The Help by Kathryn StockettThe Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk KiddFried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie FlaggDivine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca WellsWhere the Heart Is by Billie Letts
Best Adult Female Friendship Books
334th out of 375 books — 738 voters

More lists with this book...

Pam
AUTHOR: Green, Kim
TITLE: Paging Aphrodite
Date Read: 03/07/14
RATING: 4/B
GENRE/PUB DATE/PUBLISHER/# OF PGS: Women's Fiction; 2004;Bantam/Dell; 356 pgs
SERIES/STAND ALONE: SA
TIME/PLACE: 2004;Corfu
CHARACTERS: Parker Glass/Interior Designer; Kelah Morris/aspiring novelist; Anya Soberanes/career girl who wants to get married; Claire Dillon/ middle-aged wife & mother

FIRST LINES: The bus stop is about 25 meters from the bank across the square. It is open from 7am to 11pm, I read.

COMMENTS: This was
Tanya D
Not a bad book for some easy 'fluff' reading. Really liked the characters. Really disliked that everyone lived happily ever after and that there wasn't any real character GROWTH by the end.
Soccergypsy
I really liked this. The book wasn't what I thought when I purchased it, but I didn't dislike it. I was pleasantly surprised. I will certainly recommend and hand this story off to others.
Linda Hali
I'm having a little chic-lit Kim Green fest this winter - as the author is actually my cousin by marriage, which in my book, no pun, is a cousin. I feel funny applying the chic-lit label as this author along with others who focus on what might be a "chic" pov- actually are hitting some interesting subjects with smart raucous acidic humor. Not just a rehashed tale for girls who simply must get married by 30, more complex than Bridget Jones, less trash, more guts. And you will laugh and want to ea ...more
Annette Walker
This book was so good the friend I loaned it to passed it on to 2 others before she gave it back! I had trouble keeping the four main characters straight at first, but once they started to come together and form their friendship I couldn't wait to find out what would happen to them next. I found myself relating at least a little bit to each of the characters, and enjoyed watching their progress over one long summer. I could see the beautiful Greek scenery too. Wish I were there!
Sheri
Took me a bit to get through it...too many back and forths between characters. Each chapter was a character and hard to keep it strait.
Lindsey
I read this book over a summer vacation & it was the perfect beach read. Like reading the journal of four women, who are all in the Greek isles. I felt like I was there with the characters. Wonderful setting, fun characters, very humorous, enjoyable read. I was sad when I was done with the book - definitely didn't want it to end - I felt like I was losing four friends.
Gianna B
May 17, 2008 Gianna B rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who've never been to Greece.
Jessica
Paging Aphrodite is a cute read if you want to escape to the beach in chick-lit form. Each chapter is told from the point of view of 1 of 4 women who are summering in Corfu---each one is there to escape something in their "real lives". It's slighly predictable and formulaic, but it is what it is-- an escapist beach read.
Alison
I enjoyed it, but there was quite a deal more whining than I can take. Also the whole everyone's like family, friends, exes, boyfriends, husbands, anyone just came to Greece. And I'm thinking do these people really not have anything better to do and just free flowing money to go to Greece at the drop of a hat.
Kristy
Cute book set in the Greek island of Corfu. I want to go there! The book reads fast. It cuts between the four characters, each telling their own chapter. It can be a little distracting, but I got into the story, I didn't mind. good chick lit book, a great summer read!
Marlena
Aug 07, 2008 Marlena rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone looking for a fun beach read.
Recommended to Marlena by: I found it when I was shopping for books.
This was a fun beach read. I enjoyed reading it while I was relaxing in Mexico on my spring break vacation. I liked how each chapter was about a different character yet the book still connected all of the characters together.
Kim
The main reason I bought this book was because of the cover. It was an ok read. It's about 4 women who meet in Greece and become friends. I found that some of the storylines were boring or carried on for too long.
Heather
lovely concept & story-line, actual writing not so good. a disappointment. i guess i was expecting something along the lines of my one of my favorite films "shirley valentine" and it did not deliver.
Crystal
This book was a lot of fun to read and a great way to start my vacation. The setting was beautiful, the characters where funny, and the plot was more engaging than your typical vaca-lit.
Daphne
Okay it was fluff, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Our library doesn't have any other books by her, but I'll Inter library loan some.
Kendall
Nov 07, 2007 Kendall marked it as did-not-finish-but-plan-to-one-day
I read the first 1/3 of this cute summer read that takes place over seas. Need to finish it, as it is a better than average chick pick.
Very definitely one of my favorites. One that I will be purchasing for my own collection. This one resonated deeply within me.
Jessica
Good as a beach/vacation read. Pretty cheesy happily-ever-after but the characters were likable and it's a quick read.
Janet
Perfect beach reading. Especially while sipping your frappe on a beach in Greece.
Owana
Chick book. Had to be in the mood, but it was a decent book.
Justine
It was a cute book to read to pass the time.
Tutu
Not as good as "Is That A Moose in Your pocket".
Dani
Aug 05, 2008 Dani rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Females looking for a little love story
Shelves: young-adult, romance
good book to sit by the pool and read.
melissa
Entertaining and light.
Jill
Funny beach read with characters everyone can relate to at some point.
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Beach Babylon
  • Tan Lines
  • Hex and the Single Girl
  • A Little Light Magic
  • Windless Summer
  • Castles in the Sand (The Beach House #2)
  • Accidentally Engaged
  • Home Before Dark
  • Villa Serena
  • Best of Friends
  • Au Revoir: Running Away from Home at Fifty
  • Shopaholic on Honeymoon (Shopaholic #3.5)
Live a Little Is that a Moose in Your Pocket? The Decisive Aromatherapy Guide: Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Ich Glaub, Mich Knutscht Ein Elch: Roman hallucination