Start by marking “The Invisible Intruder (Nancy Drew, #46)” as Want to Read:
The Invisible Intruder (Nancy Drew, #46)

The Invisible Intruder (Nancy Drew #46)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  2,932 ratings  ·  46 reviews
From book cover:
"Nancy Drew, forget the ghost hunt!" a male voice rasps on the telephone.

Despite the mysterious warning, the pretty teen-age detective and a group of friends start out on a ghost-hunting expedition to investigate five places reputed to be haunted. Danger strikes at once when Nancy tries to overtake the canoe that paddles itself on Lake Sevanee. Thrills and
Published 1994 by Grosset & Dunlap, Inc (first published 1969)

To ask other readers questions about The Invisible Intruder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Invisible Intruder

The Secret of the Old Clock by Carolyn KeeneThe Hidden Staircase by Carolyn KeeneThe Sign of the Twisted Candles by Carolyn KeeneThe Secret of Shadow Ranch by Carolyn KeeneThe Whispering Statue by Carolyn Keene
Nancy Drew Mystery Stories
30th out of 79 books — 69 voters
The Mystery at Lilac Inn by Carolyn KeeneThe Secret of Red Gate Farm by Carolyn KeeneThe Sign of the Twisted Candles by Carolyn KeeneThe Clue in the Diary by Carolyn KeeneThe Clue of the Tapping Heels by Carolyn Keene
Everything Nancy Drew
47th out of 140 books — 7 voters

More lists with this book...

Doug
Stephen
I had high hopes for this book, considering it included a picture of a "flying" octopus! Overall, though, it was a disappointment. Nancy's entourage is too big for my taste, and the adventure seems a bit lackluster -- at least until the end, when it picks up a bit. The illustrations are also less than impressive. At least the story includes a "talking" sting ray and a mention of "dangerous snails."
John Yelverton
Nancy Drew strikes again in this tale of a haunted house and room full of skulls.
E
"Helen was very pretty, and her tall, good-looking husband was full of fun."
Melanie
OMG. Helen Corning Archer appears in this one. We haven't seen her since Larkspur Lane, I don't think. But aside from her and her husband and the Regular Five sidekicks, there are a bunch of other people. Too many to keep track of.

This is an obvious case of people trying to scare others off a property. Pro tip: If you own a desirable piece of land and a strange phantom suddenly appears and then a few days later some sketchy dude tempts you with an unsolicited lowball real estate offer, the latte
(séance) I like Nancy Drew, but this is not one of my favorite. She travels to different locations trying to solve one mystery and that makes it more difficult, in my opinion, to link everything together well.
Richard Ward
First published in 1969, the year that Scooby-Doo made its TV début, this Nancy Drew adventure could have been an episode of that cartoon. Nancy, along with a too-big group of her teenage friends (but no talking dog), go ghost hunting, for fun it seems. They investigate a haunted canoe that propels itself; a barn haunted by a ghost horse and rider; a medium whose séances always end with thunder from the heavens; a haunted bed-and-breakfast; and the haunted home of a collector of rare shells. I d ...more
Shawnee
Nancy could have used a plot unjumbler. I realize I was reading this book in combination with others, but holy crow.... there were a lot of mini-mysteries all tied in together and some of them didn't make a lot of sense and seemed hurried or rushed.
Joy Gerbode
Another good, quick read, nothing spectacular. This ND mystery was a bit more realistic than some of the others; but Nancy still managed to be "duped" into being kidnapped. Lots of fun in this one.
Phe☽♃
The Invisible Intruder is a children's story by Carolyn Keene (pseudonym) and the 46th book in the Nancy Drew series.

Nancy Drew and her friends go on a ghost hunting expedition and become involved with a gang of thieves who concentrate their activities on collectors of valuable shells. In a dramatic climax, Nancy outwits her enemy in an eerie mansion and traps him in the fantastic Room of Skulls.

I’ve always been a voracious reader. So, as a child, one of my favorite things about summer was
Miri
Nancy drew and her friends are going around the countryside to places reputed to be haunted to try and solve the mystery behind the hauntings. They discover a pair of frauds attempting to force people to sell their property for low prices by scaring their patrons away. Can Nancy find the secrets behind these ghosts and discover the Invisible Intruder?
Tabi34
Typical Nancy Drew in many ways. Her friend Helen from the first few books and her husband are in this book. Actually, all of her friends are in this book and are more than just mentions.

For the first time, we get an inkling that Bess and Dave might be more serious than the other couples. A medium tells Beth that she's going to be going to get a marriage license soon and Beth says not until Dave finishes college. I'm guessing that Bess and Dave get married in the near future - probably around b
Leah
Refer to new shelf tentatively titled "hot mess". I enjoyed this in a "wowwww the '60s" way where an invitation is really cool and everything is dilly and idk it's 2am these are bad examples, but there is a major side helping of side-eye going on here. Too many people, too many plots.
Obviously these are books for children, so the writing isn't going to be particularly mature, but I thought this book read younger than most other Nancy Drew books. I did think the set up of the mystery was interesting though because of the separate incidents at separate places that all connected.
Sona
Was a different book...It had a lot of mysteries in it.The ending didnt come out as well as i expected it to be though.........
Kim Dixon
My favorite of the Nancy Drew series. It's five mysteries that tie in together, all in one book!
Auntie Grizelda
I got a copy at a Girl Scout gift exchange. I wish I still had it. I'd read it again!
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I remember the first time I read Nancy Drew. It blew my mind that there were girls presented with a brain. Most of the stuff I'd read up to that time, was that girls were sugar and spice - fluffy. No brains. To also learn about George who is a tomboy was a nice validation. Carolyn Keene wrote just for me! That is how I felt. When I did more research, I was shocked to find out, Ms. Keene was actually a man ... writing under Franklin Dixon. I also loved the Hardy Boys. No wonder I loved these seri ...more
Catherine Raphael
really intriguing mystery
Gloria Jorquera
Nancy Drew's done it again!
Brandy Kemper
Now I'm not about to start writing reviews for every Nancy Drew book because there is over 50 of them but this seemed to be different. I could tell a difference in the writing compared to the others I've read and the story was very interesting. Wouldn't it be cool if there were really ghost hunter clubs around here? :)
Julie_ian_curtis
This Is a different kind of nancy not only are there bess and George but a whole group of ghost hunters. And four mysteries the canoe that rows itself, the medium, the ghost horse and its rider, the invisible intruder. The reader is not Laura linney (no idea who it is) but still good. Plenty of emotion and intonation in her voice.
Stacey
One of the best Nancy Drew books out there. They do a "ghost hunters" type search to debunk local ghost stories. I love the concept, the fact that there are a lot of other people with Nancy and gang. It was a really fun book with not a whole lot of unanswered questions.
Whitney
I am a sucker for a good mystery, particulary Nancy Drew. This one seemed poorly written to me and I didn't feel like the plot was wrapped up well. Some parts weren't very well stated and were confusing. I felt let down by Carolyn Keen.
Lindsey
I will always love these books. I'm missing two from my collection that I've been putting together since I was 8, and this is one off the list. They're what first got me into crime/mystery, and will always be special to me.
Timmy A.
This is the first ever Nancy Drew book I read. It was a gift from my grandma when we went to Cebu to meet them. The nice thing about it is that the book is hardbound :) I read it about 2-3 years ago..
Mandie Compagner
I enjoyed this book because of the show not tell, dialogue, and detail. There were moments where I wanted to continue reading because the author knows how to keep things interesting.
Isis
I just picked up a copy of this (an older print) for $1, so I thought I'd give it a read again. Still not a great book, on par with the rest of the Nancy Drew series.
10-11Sarah
nancy drew books always have an amazing impact on me. although im sad to be leaving this breath taking book i am very excited to beginning esparanza rising!!
Lauren James
I found an old excel document of all the books I read when I was a kid, and this was on it, so I'll let my 9 year old self review it for you:

"Ok. 8/10"
  • Mystery in Arizona (Trixie Belden, #6)
  • Trixie Belden and the Mystery at Maypenny's (Trixie Belden, #31)
  • The Twisted Claw (Hardy Boys, #18)

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str
More about Carolyn Keene...

Nancy Drew (1 - 10 of 175 books)
  • The Secret of the Old Clock (Nancy Drew, #1)
  • The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew, #2)
  • The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew, #3)
  • The Mystery at Lilac Inn (Nancy Drew, #4)
  • The Secret of Shadow Ranch (Nancy Drew, #5)
  • The Secret of Red Gate Farm (Nancy Drew, #6)
  • The Clue in the Diary (Nancy Drew, #7)
  • Nancy's Mysterious Letter (Nancy Drew, #8)
  • The Sign of the Twisted Candles (Nancy Drew, #9)
  • Password to Larkspur Lane (Nancy Drew, #10)
The Secret of the Old Clock (Nancy Drew, #1) The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew, #2) Nancy Drew: #1-64 The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew, #3) The Mystery at Lilac Inn (Nancy Drew, #4)

“The officer said No and his mother was frantic.” 0 likes