Start by marking “Little Bear and the Marco Polo” as Want to Read:
Little Bear and the Marco Polo

Little Bear and the Marco Polo

Since Else Holmelund Minarik's beloved Little Bear made his debut more than fifty years ago, generations of children have grown up with Little Bear by their side, delighting in his charming adventures and curious spirit.

Now Little Bear returns to the world of I Can Read in Little Bear and the Marco Polo—a story filled with imagination, warmth, and tender memories that Gran
Published September 7th 2010 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Little Bear and the Marco Polo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Bear and the Marco Polo

Kristine Hansen
Apr 16, 2015 Kristine Hansen rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-easy-reader
Really wasn't sure of the message of this book, and wasn't liking what I saw. It seems that the road to adulthood lies in giving up the things one loves and making sacrifices for others that leave one feeling sad and empty. Or perhaps I'm reading too much into this.

Either way, I found this book depressing, even with the glimmer of hope that perhaps Little Bear would someday act on the dreams of his Grandfather.
Jeni
Jun 07, 2012 Jeni rated it really liked it
Shelves: juvie, 2012
Wasn't sure how I'd like the books without Maurice Sendak's illustrations, but Doubleday did a great job keeping the character consistent. My 7 year old sat and listened to the whole book (5 stories) after having listened to about 10 other books. He giggled at times, too.
Little Bear has such a sweet relationship with his grandparents, something I've always enjoyed in these books. Even when Grandfather is so tired he ends up falling asleep while playing with him, Grandfather always makes time fo
Patsy Parker
May 21, 2016 Patsy Parker rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone with children
Shelves: preschool-books
I love the character of Little Bear. I can't believe I saw this at the library and realized it is one I had never read to my own children! I have many Little Bear books, but not this one!

It's a cute story and teaches some fact also.
Rosa Cline
Mar 25, 2016 Rosa Cline rated it really liked it
Little Bear talks to GrandFather Bear about his first boat Marco Polo. GrandFather tells him wonderful stories about the boat and being on the water with it. Then he goes to show Little Bear the boat; although old and worn out Little bear thinks it's great.
Karen Dransfield
A lovely story about Little Bear and his grandparents. He gets to ask them to tell him stories about things he finds in the attic. And Grandfather Bear tells him all about his younger days and meeting Grandmother and the Marco Polo. A lovely continuation of the Little Bear series.
T Crockett
Aug 04, 2016 T Crockett rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This book has all the warm humor that you expect from a Little Bear book. The setting - going through his grandfather's attic - was really appealing to the kids I read to.
Patty
Apr 16, 2013 Patty rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-picture
The illustrations are pretty. The story was sweet.
C1
Mar 08, 2012 C1 rated it it was amazing
This book was sad because his ladybug flew away.
Jane
Dec 14, 2010 Jane rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beginning-reader
I was so surprised to see a new Little Bear book. As sweet as I remember the others being. I loved when he told his grandma that he'd dance with her when he came back if she put on the white dress.
Heather
Sep 20, 2010 Heather rated it really liked it
Very cute. I haven't read a Little Bear book in quite a while, but this one certainly fits with the sweet character of Little Bear and his family.
Jeremy
Jeremy rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2012
Lana
Lana rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2014
Jaehee Lauren Park
Jaehee Lauren Park rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2013
Tamia
Tamia rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2014
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2015
Kendra
Kendra rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2016
Michael R. Nelson
Michael R. Nelson rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2012
Liz
Liz rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2014
Nan Keen
Nan Keen rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2016
David
David rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2014
Cailyn Hua
Cailyn Hua rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2015
Ryan
Ryan rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2015
Jerry
Jerry rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2015
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2016
Taylor
Taylor rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2012
Russ
Russ rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2014
Ashten
Ashten rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2016
E.M. Finn
E.M. Finn rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2015
Jessie
Jessie rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Else Holmelund Minarik was the author of the Little Bear series of children's books, which were successful as books, and were also made into a successful children's TV series. The Little Bear books sold more than 6 million copies worldwide.

Else Minarik was also the author of another well-known book, No Fighting, No Biting!

She was born in Denmark, and with her family immigrated to the United States
More about Else Holmelund Minarik...