Start by marking “Flat Stanley and the Haunted House” as Want to Read:
Flat Stanley and the Haunted House

Flat Stanley and the Haunted House (Flat Stanley - I Can Read! (Level 2) )

The Lambchops can't wait to be spooked at a Halloween party!

Arthur is excited for the haunted house, and Stanley wants to show off his limbo moves. But when they see a bully picking on their friend at the party, the boys know that they have to help. Soon, Stanley comes up with a plan that is flat-out hilarious!

This easy-to-read story brings Jeff Brown's beloved characters
Published July 27th 2010 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Flat Stanley and the Haunted House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flat Stanley and the Haunted House

Nancy (Colorado)
I read for my classroom library. Compared to the original this one is just "dumb."
Diressa Belcher
Oct 21, 2013 Diressa Belcher rated it liked it
Shelves: infering, character
Stanley has been flat every since a bulletin board fell on him. He like to be flat. He is able to dodge ball and he is an excellent limbo player. His school was having a Halloween Parry. HE dressed as a doughnut. His younger brother, Arthur, dressed as a monster. The boys went inside the haunted house at the party. The Haunted House was not scary at all. When the boys left the Haunted House they saw their friend Martin crying. They asked him what was wrong. He said the school bully stole his gia ...more
Stephanie Kahn
Jul 08, 2011 Stephanie Kahn rated it it was ok
Flat Stanley is a boy who was flattened by a bulletin board. He uses his flatness to his advantage and has all kinds of fun. When a bully takes candy from a friend at the school Halloween party, Stanley and his brother teach the bully a lesson in a comical way using Stanley’s flatness. This book is good for children just learning to read on their own. All of the sentences have less than twelve words with no line having more than seven words. Most of the text is black and set in 18-point font on ...more
Samantha Ponting
Sep 30, 2015 Samantha Ponting rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
One aspect about the Flat Stanley series I really like is that even though Stanley is different than everyone else, he still has friends and a lot of fun. I think this is very important to stress with children, different doesn’t mean wrong or bad.

This particular book goes one step further and addresses bullying. There is a haunted house party at the school and a bully picks on a smaller boy and Stanley and his brother come to the rescue. Books like this can really help students understand that i
Stuti Puranik
Flat Stanley and his brother were going for halloween and they got all their candies. Then they entered the haunted house and then they saw so many scary things but they didn't get scared. Then their neighbor was sad. So they went to see what happened and asked him what happened. Next their friend told that the bully stole his candy from the contest. So they decided a plan and the plan was that Flat Stanley told that make some space in your costume brother. Then he went inside his costume and lo ...more
Laurie
Aug 23, 2014 Laurie rated it liked it
Christy
Mar 03, 2014 Christy rated it really liked it
Shelves: easy-reader
The Lambchops can't wait to be spooked at a Halloween party!

Earline
Apr 04, 2014 Earline rated it did not like it
Shelves: series, childrens
I thought this Reader version of Flat Stanley would be a good introduction to the character.. but I was very disappointed. The story only had one page about the Haunted House and I didn't like how the side-story about the bully was tacked on. I will try the Flat Stanley chapter books next and hope they are more impressive.
Jennie Park
Mar 22, 2011 Jennie Park added it
Shelves: fiction
This is a easy read and appropriate for all elementary students. It has a great message about standing up for your friends who might be bullied or taken advantage of. Another great read-a-loud for younger students if there ever were an incident in your class with bullying. Even if there was no incident, it would be a great story to read to reiterate appropriate behavior.
Amanda
Sep 09, 2011 Amanda rated it liked it
Shelves: kid-s-books
I'd heard of this series and wanted to check it out, so this was our first taste and it was OK. My 5 y.o son loved it, but I didn't understand the hubbub over the series- this is obviously not the original story. He loved reading it himself, though, so a plus there.
Tenzin Choekyi
May 21, 2012 Tenzin Choekyi rated it it was ok
Hello,
This book is for little kids, still I love it and it's so excited..
Stanley can't wait for the halloween party at school. He wanted a scary day. when he go there Stanley save the day in no time flat....
Gala
My nephew who is five years old tried to read this book to me. It was a fun story about a boy who was flat as a pancake. He had a brother who was not flat. They went to the hunted house party and their was a bully that was taught a lesson by flat Stanley and his brother.
Deanna
Love that these books always teach good lessons. This ones about bullying and helping others. Great read for my youngsters.
Kristine
Aug 15, 2015 Kristine rated it liked it
Read how Stanley and his brother thwart a bully.
Alexandra Chauran
Apr 03, 2014 Alexandra Chauran rated it liked it
My kids are obsessed with Halloween, so this book was a good read for them any time. It had a plot about confronting a bully in a silly cartoon way.
Abi
Apr 13, 2016 Abi rated it it was amazing
Erika Little
May 27, 2013 Erika Little added it
Shelves: halloween
2 copies
Palmo
Apr 30, 2012 Palmo added it
This book is about stanley going to halloween party at school. but his friend got in trouble so he had to saved him in time flat.
Tricia
Sep 25, 2010 Tricia rated it it was ok
Flat Stanley leaves me a little...flat. In this book set around Halloween, he and his brother go to the school party and teach a bully a lesson. Eh.
Reagan
Jan 23, 2017 Reagan rated it did not like it
This book is so weird. The dad ties him to the roof of the car to go places and they act like being squished by a bulletin board is no big deal.
Grace
Mar 24, 2014 Grace rated it it was amazing
Review by Brandon (5): my favorite part was when Arthur and Stanley went through the haunted house because it was not scary. Also when they scared the bully.
Oct 08, 2014 Jennifer rated it it was ok
It's Halloween time! My children had me read this one twice in one sitting. I didn't particularly care for it, but they enjoyed it before bed tonight.
Arieanna
Mar 06, 2014 Arieanna rated it it was ok
Shelves: kids-age-4-plus
A cute story that has brothers working together, though I was a bit miffed that scaring the bully was the solution to helping the other kid. Not the best lesson.
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it really liked it
arthur goes to the haunted house and a bully steals a giant candy corn from a little boy. stanley climbs into arthur's costume and scares away the bully.
Lisa
Dec 14, 2013 Lisa rated it really liked it
cute story
carissa
Jan 24, 2011 carissa rated it liked it
Recommended Ages: grade 1

Stanley can't wait for the Halloween party at school. But when a bully picks on his friend, Stanley saves the day in no time flat!
J.
Alexa
Sep 06, 2012 Alexa rated it really liked it
2nd grade reading level
Ben Greenberg
Ben Greenberg rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2013
  • Patch (Breyer Stablemates)
  • Pete the Cat: Pete at the Beach
  • Sleepy Dog (Step into Reading)
  • Henry and Mudge and the Tumbling Trip (Henry and Mudge, #27)
  • Charlie the Ranch Dog: Charlie's Snow Day
  • Mouse Overboard! (Geronimo Stilton #62)
  • Lost Cat
  • The Fall Festival
  • How a Book Is Made
  • Bookmarks Are People Too! (Here's Hank, #1)
  • T. Rex Trick-or-Treats
  • Splat the Cat and the Duck with No Quack
  • An Early American Christmas
  • Awesome Dawson
  • Super Fly Guy (Fly Guy, #2)
  • Amelia Bedelia and the Cat
  • Horrible Harry and the Purple People
  • Halloween ABC

Jeff Brown had worked in Hollywood and as an editor and writer in New York before creating Flat Stanley, a hero for the youngest readers whose adventures, with illustrations by Tomi Ungerer, were first published in 1964. Flat Stanley became the star of a series of perpetually popular books. The last, "Stanley, F
More about Jeff Brown...

Flat Stanley - I Can Read! (Level 2) (5 books)
  • Flat Stanley and the Firehouse
  • Flat Stanley at Bat
  • Flat Stanley Goes Camping
  • Flat Stanley: Show-and-Tell, Flat Stanley!