Start by marking “Flat Stanley and the Haunted House” as Want to Read:
Flat Stanley and the Haunted House

Flat Stanley and the Haunted House (Flat Stanley - I Can Read! (Level 2) )

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  166 ratings  ·  22 reviews
The Lambchops can't wait to be spooked at a Halloween party!

Arthur is excited for the haunted house, and Stanley wants to show off his limbo moves. But when they see a bully picking on their friend at the party, the boys know that they have to help. Soon, Stanley comes up with a plan that is flat-out hilarious!

This easy-to-read story brings Jeff Brown's beloved characters
Published July 27th 2010 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Flat Stanley and the Haunted House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flat Stanley and the Haunted House

Nancy (Colorado)
I read for my classroom library. Compared to the original this one is just "dumb."
Diressa Belcher
Stanley has been flat every since a bulletin board fell on him. He like to be flat. He is able to dodge ball and he is an excellent limbo player. His school was having a Halloween Parry. HE dressed as a doughnut. His younger brother, Arthur, dressed as a monster. The boys went inside the haunted house at the party. The Haunted House was not scary at all. When the boys left the Haunted House they saw their friend Martin crying. They asked him what was wrong. He said the school bully stole his gia ...more
Laurie
Earline
I thought this Reader version of Flat Stanley would be a good introduction to the character.. but I was very disappointed. The story only had one page about the Haunted House and I didn't like how the side-story about the bully was tacked on. I will try the Flat Stanley chapter books next and hope they are more impressive.
Stephanie Kahn
Flat Stanley is a boy who was flattened by a bulletin board. He uses his flatness to his advantage and has all kinds of fun. When a bully takes candy from a friend at the school Halloween party, Stanley and his brother teach the bully a lesson in a comical way using Stanley’s flatness. This book is good for children just learning to read on their own. All of the sentences have less than twelve words with no line having more than seven words. Most of the text is black and set in 18-point font on ...more
Christy
The Lambchops can't wait to be spooked at a Halloween party!

Arieanna
A cute story that has brothers working together, though I was a bit miffed that scaring the bully was the solution to helping the other kid. Not the best lesson.
It's Halloween time! My children had me read this one twice in one sitting. I didn't particularly care for it, but they enjoyed it before bed tonight.
Grace
Review by Brandon (5): my favorite part was when Arthur and Stanley went through the haunted house because it was not scary. Also when they scared the bully.
Alexandra Chauran
My kids are obsessed with Halloween, so this book was a good read for them any time. It had a plot about confronting a bully in a silly cartoon way.
Jennie Park
Mar 22, 2011 Jennie Park added it
Shelves: fiction
This is a easy read and appropriate for all elementary students. It has a great message about standing up for your friends who might be bullied or taken advantage of. Another great read-a-loud for younger students if there ever were an incident in your class with bullying. Even if there was no incident, it would be a great story to read to reiterate appropriate behavior.
Gala
My nephew who is five years old tried to read this book to me. It was a fun story about a boy who was flat as a pancake. He had a brother who was not flat. They went to the hunted house party and their was a bully that was taught a lesson by flat Stanley and his brother.
Amanda
I'd heard of this series and wanted to check it out, so this was our first taste and it was OK. My 5 y.o son loved it, but I didn't understand the hubbub over the series- this is obviously not the original story. He loved reading it himself, though, so a plus there.
Tenzin Choekyi
Hello,
This book is for little kids, still I love it and it's so excited..
Stanley can't wait for the halloween party at school. He wanted a scary day. when he go there Stanley save the day in no time flat....
Tricia
Flat Stanley leaves me a little...flat. In this book set around Halloween, he and his brother go to the school party and teach a bully a lesson. Eh.
carissa
Recommended Ages: grade 1

Stanley can't wait for the Halloween party at school. But when a bully picks on his friend, Stanley saves the day in no time flat!
Sydney
arthur goes to the haunted house and a bully steals a giant candy corn from a little boy. stanley climbs into arthur's costume and scares away the bully.
Palmo
Apr 30, 2012 Palmo added it
This book is about stanley going to halloween party at school. but his friend got in trouble so he had to saved him in time flat.
Marfita
Jun 08, 2011 Marfita rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: kids with no taste who are just learning to read
Shelves: children-s
Lame. You expect me to believe Flat Stanley would be content in a pancake costume?
Alexa
Skylar J. Huston
Skylar J. Huston marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Caleb
Caleb marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
  • Where's My Mummy?
  • Halloween ABC
  • Horrible Harry and the Purple People
  • The Jacket I Wear in the Snow
  • Hooray For Fly Guy! (Fly Guy, #6)
  • There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Bell!
  • Sleepy Dog
  • Young Cam Jansen and the Lost Tooth (Young Cam Jansen Mysteries, #3)
  • Punctuation Celebration
  • Arthur's First Sleepover (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • The Case of the Spooky Sleepover (Jigsaw Jones Mystery #4)
  • Spongebob Superstar

Jeff Brown had worked in Hollywood and as an editor and writer in New York before creating Flat Stanley, a hero for the youngest readers whose adventures, with illustrations by Tomi Ungerer, were first published in 1964. Flat Stanley became the star of a series of perpetually popular books. The last, "Stanley, F
More about Jeff Brown...

Flat Stanley - I Can Read! (Level 2) (5 books)
  • Flat Stanley and the Firehouse
  • Flat Stanley at Bat
  • Flat Stanley Goes Camping
  • Flat Stanley: Show-and-Tell, Flat Stanley!
Flat Stanley (Flat Stanley, #1) Stanley, Flat Again! (Flat Stanley, #6) Invisible Stanley (Flat Stanley, #4) Stanley and the Magic Lamp (Flat Stanley, #2) Stanley in Space (Flat Stanley, #3)