Start by marking “The Perfect Princess (Men of Special Branch #3)” as Want to Read:
The Perfect Princess (Men of Special Branch #3)

The Perfect Princess (Men from Special Branch #3)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  191 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Lady Rosamunde Devere has no interest in marrying a dull prince, no matter how perfect the papers think she is for the role of his wife. But when she becomes the willing hostage of criminal Richard Maitland, ex-chief of Her Majesty's Secret Service condemned to be executed as a murderer, Rosamunde finds herself in a conspiracy--and a passion that is rash, reckless, and imp ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Published October 30th 2001 by Bantam Books (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Perfect Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perfect Princess

Faa
I have ben avoiding this one particular book since forever. It was then buried together with my old papers back in my family ancestral home, until last two days ago when I found it back amongst dusty books and yellow papers. I bought these one in one of my beloved second-hand bookshop in Kuala Lumpur. I could always get dirt cheap books in this shop. However, with prices as low as RM2, you can't complaint on the condition of the books. Same with this one, it was torn on the very cover page and d ...more
LJ
Perfect Princess - G
Elizabeth Thornton - 3rd in series
Third in a series about fast friends who fought for England during the Napoleonic war (Whisper His Name; Princess Charming), finds Richard Maitland, the fiercely independent head of the Special Branch of British intelligence, facing a death sentence for a murder he didn't commit. Richard's carefully laid plans to escape from Newgate prison are hampered by the arrival of Lady Rosamund Devere, the genteel daughter of the Duke of Romsey, and her
LaFleurBleue
There were very good things: the heroine is not too bland, neither too vindictive or stupid, rather a good one. However I could not completely relate to her problem of poor little rich girl. I also had trouble to relate with the hero and his totally lonesome lifestyle. It bothered me that they both seem to hate each other so much at the beginning and then fall in love a bit effortlessly. And the story seemed a bit too long and too centered on the investigation rather than on the romance.
That wou
July
This book started out good. It is about Lady Rosamund Devere and Richard Maitland of His Majesty's Secret service.
Richard has been sentenced to die by hanging. Rosamund's best friend Callie has talked her into going to Newgate prison to visit him. Richard escapes and takes Lady Rosamund as a hostage.
While the beginning of the book was good. Somewhere around the middle it lost ompt. I couldn't wait for it to just be over. I would have to say it was fair.
Vanessa Bergen
fantastic novel. everything I love in one book. very well written. too bad its the third in a series and I didnt realize til the day before. oops!
This was a nostalgia read for me. My husband sent it to me when I was in China with a note that I was his perfect princess.
Frances Fuller
I like her formula.
Daniella
Daniella marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Sarah Swernofsky
Sarah Swernofsky marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Nicole
Nicole added it
Jan 06, 2015
Christie
Christie marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Kate  K. F.
Kate K. F. marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Tuuli
Tuuli marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Loren
Loren marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Sarah added it
Nov 17, 2014
Jeri
Jeri added it
Oct 27, 2014
Jaimie
Jaimie marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Capture the Night
  • Guarded Heart (Masters at Arms, #4)
  • McClairen's Isle: The Passionate One (McClairen's Isle, #1)
  • The Wedding Game (Matchmaker Duncan Sisters, #3)
  • The Music of the Night (Night, #2)
  • To Wed a Scandalous Spy (Royal Four, #1)
  • Never Romance a Rake (Neville Family #3)
  • More and More (Mayfair Square, #1)
  • A Lady's Secret (Malloren, #8)
  • A Dangerous Love
  • The Duke in Disguise (Willow Pond, #2)
  • Her Every Pleasure (Spice Trilogy #3)
  • The Devil Earl (Regency Quartet, #2)
  • Whisper of Scandal (The Scandalous Women of the Ton, #1)
  • The Return Of The Prodigal (Romney Marsh #6)
  • The Marriage Contract (Marriage, #3)
  • Seduced by a Stranger (Dark Gothic, #5)
Mary Forrest George, née Baxter was born and educated in Aberdeen, Scotland, where she taught school for a number of years before establishing her own nursery school, St. Swithin Street Nursery School, an institution that is still going strong today.

She and her husband then emigrated to Canada with their three young sons. She taught kindergarten and Grade One for a number of years in Winnipeg, Man
More about Elizabeth Thornton...

Men from Special Branch (5 books)
  • Whisper His Name (Men from Special Branch #1)
  • Princess Charming (Men from Special Branch #2)
  • Almost a Princess
  • Shady Lady (Men from Special Branch #5)
The Marriage Trap (Trap, #1) You Only Love Twice The Pleasure Trap (Trap, #3) Whisper His Name (Men from Special Branch #1) The Bachelor Trap (Trap, #2)