The Perfect Princess (Men of Special Branch #3)

The Perfect Princess (Men from Special Branch #3)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  178 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Lady Rosamunde Devere has no interest in marrying a dull prince, no matter how perfect the papers think she is for the role of his wife. But when she becomes the willing hostage of criminal Richard Maitland, ex-chief of Her Majesty's Secret Service condemned to be executed as a murderer, Rosamunde finds herself in a conspiracy--and a passion that is rash, reckless, and imp...more
Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Published October 30th 2001 by Bantam Books (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Perfect Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perfect Princess

LJ
Perfect Princess - G
Elizabeth Thornton - 3rd in series
Third in a series about fast friends who fought for England during the Napoleonic war (Whisper His Name; Princess Charming), finds Richard Maitland, the fiercely independent head of the Special Branch of British intelligence, facing a death sentence for a murder he didn't commit. Richard's carefully laid plans to escape from Newgate prison are hampered by the arrival of Lady Rosamund Devere, the genteel daughter of the Duke of Romsey, and her...more
LaFleurBleue
There were very good things: the heroine is not too bland, neither too vindictive or stupid, rather a good one. However I could not completely relate to her problem of poor little rich girl. I also had trouble to relate with the hero and his totally lonesome lifestyle. It bothered me that they both seem to hate each other so much at the beginning and then fall in love a bit effortlessly. And the story seemed a bit too long and too centered on the investigation rather than on the romance.
That wou...more
July
This book started out good. It is about Lady Rosamund Devere and Richard Maitland of His Majesty's Secret service.
Richard has been sentenced to die by hanging. Rosamund's best friend Callie has talked her into going to Newgate prison to visit him. Richard escapes and takes Lady Rosamund as a hostage.
While the beginning of the book was good. Somewhere around the middle it lost ompt. I couldn't wait for it to just be over. I would have to say it was fair.
Vanessa Bergen
fantastic novel. everything I love in one book. very well written. too bad its the third in a series and I didnt realize til the day before. oops!
This was a nostalgia read for me. My husband sent it to me when I was in China with a note that I was his perfect princess.
Frances Fuller
I like her formula.
Juliana
Juliana marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Daniela
Daniela marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Lyn
Lyn marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Leah
Leah added it
Aug 26, 2014
Megan Jachetta
Megan Jachetta marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Taiye Williams
Taiye Williams marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Karlene
Karlene marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Penny
Penny added it
Jul 31, 2014
Kate Did
Kate Did marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Shahd Q
Shahd Q marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Jean
Jean added it
Aug 22, 2014
  • All I Ever Needed (Compass Club, #3)
  • Guarded Heart (Masters at Arms, #4)
  • Capture the Night
  • The Rogue (Liar's Club, #5)
  • River of Fire (Fallen Angels, #6)
  • McClairen's Isle: The Passionate One (McClairen's Isle, #1)
  • The Music of the Night (Night, #2)
  • The Vicar's Daughter (Regency Quartet, #1)
  • Passion's Ransom
  • The Prisoner (Orphan, #1)
  • How a Lady Weds a Rogue (Falcon Club, #3)
  • The Sandalwood Princess
  • A Lady's Secret (Malloren, #8)
  • Never Romance a Rake (Neville Family #3)
  • Castle of the Wolf
  • Touched by Fire
Mary Forrest George, née Baxter was born and educated in Aberdeen, Scotland, where she taught school for a number of years before establishing her own nursery school, St. Swithin Street Nursery School, an institution that is still going strong today.

She and her husband then emigrated to Canada with their three young sons. She taught kindergarten and Grade One for a number of years in Winnipeg, Man...more
More about Elizabeth Thornton...
The Marriage Trap (Trap, #1) You Only Love Twice The Pleasure Trap (Trap, #3) Whisper His Name (Men from Special Branch #1) The Bachelor Trap (Trap, #2)