God and the World: A Conversation with Peter Seewald

God and the World: A Conversation with Peter Seewald

4.48 of 5 stars 4.48  ·  rating details  ·  84 ratings  ·  10 reviews
When Cardinal Ratzinger, one of the Church's great wise men, sat
opposite me in the Abbey and patiently recounted to me the Gospel and
the belief of Christendom from the beginning of the world to its end,
something of the mystery that holds the world together became more
tangible. 'Creation itself', he said, 'bears within itself an ordered
pattern from which we can understand t...more
Published October 1st 2002 by Ignatius Press

Gunter Weltschmerz
The best introduction to the thought and beliefs of our current pope. What emerges from the interview is a man much different than what is portrayed in the popular media or by the Catholic Left. The interviewer is rather diffident in his own beliefs, which reveals more of then Cardinal Ratzinger's mind and heart than what we sometimes get from "party-line" interviewers.
Leonardo
Muy bueno, como tener la posibilidad de charlar y hacerle preguntas a Joseph.
Le pondría en realidad 4.5 estrellas, pero bueno...

Algunas anecdotas de la historia de la Iglesia que tira Benedicto son muy buenas,
la de San Lorenzo por ejemplo. También me gustó la sinceridad con la que responde
por ejemplo cuando se le pregunta por el uso del latin que dice que lo extraña un poco,
o cuando comenta porque es donante de organos.
Burgendya
Jan 05, 2014 Burgendya rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: to anyone who into Theology.
Recommended to Burgendya by: my theology professor
God and the World was a pretty good and interesting book. Mostly an interview with the former Pope Benedict- was a Cardinal. I admit that it’s along read but has his opinions and thoughts of the Roman Catholic faith. =)~
Kenny
Then Cardinal Ratzinger talks about God, Jesus Christ and the Church, the three sections of the book. He brings a depth of knowledge about history and holy people that combines with his life-long following of the Holy Spirit. I found the reading informative and at times it deepened my sense of faith. All Christians can find something here to help them.
Sister Florence
The book is questions by Peter Seewald to Cardinal Ratzinger now Pope Benedict XVI. The Pope's answers are a surprise. Benedict is more open to the world than most people believe. So far I am learning that the Pope deals with very important topics and that while he gives an answer heleaves room for discussion
Amicizia
This is a book-length interview given to journalist Peter Seewald by Joseph Ratzinger in 2000, five years prior to his election to the papacy. It's a good way to get a sense of Benedict's way of thinking about, well, God and the world.
Stephen Fahrig

Lillian
The breadth is impressive. Ratzinger/Benedict is generally straightforward and down-to-earth in his explanations and conjectures. Unlike John Paul II, he does not use an unnecessarily complex word on every line.
Angela Joyce
Sometimes I nodded enthusiastically and sometimes I wanted to throw the book out the window.
Elizabeth Scalia
My favorite interview with Pope Benedict XVI
Jason D'Silva
Jason D'Silva marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Gil Alba
Gil Alba marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Spencer
Spencer marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Melanievdpeut
Melanievdpeut is currently reading it
May 15, 2014
Dc. James Smith
Dc. James Smith marked it as to-read
May 02, 2014
Seth Bobbink
Seth Bobbink marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2014
Jezreel
Jezreel marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Geokicks
Geokicks marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Nikita Unverzagt
Nikita Unverzagt marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Edith
Edith marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Pope Benedict XVI (Latin: Benedictus PP. XVI; Italian: Benedetto XVI; German: Benedikt XVI.; born Joseph Aloisius Ratzinger on 16 April 1927) was the 265th Pope, by virtue of his office of Bishop of Rome, the Sovereign of the Vatican City State and the head of the Roman Catholic Church. He was elected on 19 April 2005 in a papal conclave, celebrated his Papal Inauguration Mass on 24 April 2005, an...more
More about Pope Benedict XVI...
Jesus of Nazareth God Is Love--Deus Caritas Est: Encyclical Letter Jesus of Nazareth, Part Two: Holy Week: From the Entrance into Jerusalem to the Resurrection The Spirit of the Liturgy Light of the World: The Pope, the Church, and the Sign of the Times - A Conversation with Peter Seewald