Start by marking “Star Trek” as Want to Read:
Star Trek

Star Trek (Star Trek Graphic Novels)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  15 reviews

There are two sides to every argument, and this special collection looks at some of the most famous encounters between the United Federation of Planets and the Klingon Empire - from the Klingon perspective!

Star Trek fans are used to the Klingons responding with "swift and blinding violence," and now the creative team that brought you Angel: Auld Lang Syne will show us why.

Published November 21st 2007 by Idea & Design Works, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Star Trek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Trek

Robotmatt
I’d been interested in this miniseries, Blood Will Tell, for a long time. So when a used copy came in at my comic store I snapped it up. You may have heard of it as the series that featured a variant issue printed entirely in Klingonese. That issue is included in the collection and it is a neat bonus. The actual story of Blood Will Tell concerns Kahnrah, a flathead Klingon and his granddaughter K’ahlynn. The moon of Praxis has been destroyed and Kahnrah is part of the ruling council deciding whe ...more
Cathrine Bonham
Very enlightening. This graphic novel originally hooked me because it promised to explain the Klingon Forehead change. I was a little sad that it was just glossed over and not really given in detail. But this book still gets five stars. As always with graphic novels part of that is the art.

This book has amazing art.

Story, even though I didn't get an in depth story about the Klingon Make up change this book does re-tell four classic Trek episodes from the Klingon perspective. I give it five sta
Travis Mcclain
Late last night I was awake enough that I wanted something to read, but too tired to begin something that didn't have pretty pictures so I decided to finally read this. You may recall the disappointment I expressed in the Spock: Reflections mini-series by the same creative team. I'm similarly disappointed with Klingons: Blood Will Tell.

Once again, I find myself staring at a Star Trek story that's little more than an excuse to rehash old episodes and movies. This is the Klingon side of their inte
Josh
Originally read July 2009: Fun, if a little silly. Some insights on the Klingons, but mostly a lot of warrior posing and sneering villainous stuff. Definitely make sure you watch all the original series episodes with Klingons first (I feel confident the internet can tell you which episodes these are).

Re-read March 2011: I'd recently re-watched the TV episodes this was based on so gave it another read. It's a nice idea. It's also enjoyable and quick, I read it in the car on the way home from the
J-Lynn
Oct 20, 2007 J-Lynn rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Star Trek Geeks!
I am not as familiar with the original series as I am with The Next Generation, so I was a little reluctant to start this storyline. But, reading about a chapter in the federation/Klingon war from a Klingon's point of view was fascinating! I was compelled by the story of the arrogant assumptions that lead to war. The Klingon culture of honor and victory has always intrigued me; I imagined them as futuristic Spartans. As I read this graphic novel I again saw the parallels to the Spartan culture. ...more
Noah Soudrette
Dec 05, 2007 Noah Soudrette rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Trek fans, Klingon enthusiasts
Well, this is the second Star Trek miniseries in IDW's new Trek line of comics, and they're off to a good start. While I am not a huge fan of Klingons, I really enjoyed this graphic novel, as it gives the Klingon perspective on their encounters with humans over the history of the series. IT also does an excellent job of portraying a Klingon culture composed of both ridged and non-ridged peoples, as well as putting into perspective famous Trek institutes like the Treaty of Organia. Over all, this ...more
Jean-Pierre Vidrine
An excellent idea! The Klingon stories from the original Star Trek series retold from the point of view of the Klingons themselves, shedding much-needed light on the race that would become honorable warriors as the franchise continued, but seemed like one dimensional villains for so long.
The narrative here ties them together in a sort of flashback form: a high-ranking Klingon official reviewing their history in order to decide their future. A nice little connection with the events of Star Trek
António
Ever been curious on the other side's point of view?
Focusing on the Klingon side in several situation, this book will have you going through it in one go, feeding you the Klingon culture and giving you an insight into one of the most critical points in time for that civilization as it hangs in balance of survival after the explosion of Praxis. A great read, no question about it.
Mikael Kuoppala
A panorama of the key points in Klingon history up to the events depicted in the beginning of "The Undiscovered Country." A lot of the stories are actually familiar ones, only told from the Klingon perspective, offering not that much new ideas. The point of view approach has been executed well though, and as a whole this book is a gem.
Hope
Jun 22, 2008 Hope rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: star trek fans
It's a fun read for a trek fan. The art was a bit hit or miss, and you really won't be able to follow it if you're not familiar with Star Trek, but for fans, it's worth reading.
Philip Athans
A great idea, well executed, Blood Will Tell recounts classic Trek stories from the Klingons' point if view, adding some cool new details along the way. Trekkies everywhere will dig it.
Mark
I like the idea behind this and would probably have really enjoyed it if I had seen the relevant TOS episodes or Star Trek VI.

Recommended to fans.
Andrew
Good enough, but definitely not for those lacking a deep knowledge of TOS.
See my whole review here: http://noflyingnotights.com/?p=10965
John Yelverton
Kind of a slapped together graphic novel, but it still has it's good points.
Jacob
It helps to be familiar with the Star Trek episode "A Private Little War."
Brenda Meier
Brenda Meier marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Martin
Martin marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Lindsay Stares
Lindsay Stares marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Lucy
Lucy marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »

Star Trek Graphic Novels (1 - 10 of 36 books)
  • Countdown
  • Star Trek: Ongoing, Volume 5
  • Star Trek: Ongoing, Volume 6: After Darkness
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation - Intelligence Gathering
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2, Volume 1
Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2, Volume 1 Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2, Volume 2 Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Volume 1 Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2, Volume 1 Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time, Volume 2