Start by marking “Mother of All Baby Books” as Want to Read:
Mother of All Baby Books

Mother of All Baby Books

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  107 ratings  ·  11 reviews
"The Mother of All Baby Books" is the instruction manual that Mother Nature forgot to include with the new arrival -- a hands-on guide to coping with the joys and challenges of caring for your new baby. It's a totally comprehensive guide that features a non-bossy, fresh, and fun approach to Baby's exciting first year. Based on the best advice from over 100 Canadian parents ...more
Published December 18th 2009 by Wiley, John & Sons, Incorporated (first published May 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Mother of All Baby Books, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mother of All Baby Books

Melissa
Sep 23, 2007 Melissa rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: new parents
Shelves: read-in-2007
So, I was happily reading this book and kept telling my husband about how much I like this book & that it ranks # 2 as far as baby books go (Baby 411 is the absolute BEST one) & I have read ALOT of baby books. Anyway I get to this sentence that really makes me mad - it is better to smoke & breastfeed than to not breastfeed at all - I tried to breastfeed my son for 3 months and we just could not do it. He was born with low blood sugar thanks to my diabetes & was given a bottle as ...more
Zoe MacKenzie
This book is better than "What to expect when your expecting", but just barely. I did not like this book at all, and I found the writing repetitive and non-supportive. This is book is not worth buying. If you are tempted to give it a read I recommend borrowing it from the library first.
Megan Garcia
This book would be for someone who knows absolutely nothing about babies. I felt like I only gained new information from one or two chapters of the book, if that.
Megan
This was a pretty helpful book, for the most part. There were good sections on what to expect of your body and baby as soon as it's born, and then how to care for the infant - diapering, bathing, breastfeeding, illness, etc. There are some good charts that I'm sure will come in handy in the future, as well as a long list of references and services that are available to parents. I liked that this was a Canadian book, since most child/pregnancy books are American, and things are different here.
Reese
So much better than the "What to Expect" book series. And especially wonderful is that this book is offered for free as part of my workplace employee assistance program for expectant parents!
I really liked this and thought it was useful. The only chapter that I wish I had skipped was the one on baby illnesses (though I probably should not have ready through it and only used it as a reference chapter). Like her other book, this book was practical and down to earth.
Jessica
Another go-to book for the next year. Following the Mother of All Baby Books, this is a great resource to rely on once your little one enters your life.
Michelle
very informative and to the point with a bit of dry Canadian humor in some of the anecdotes
Amanda Pfeifer
Feb 24, 2008 Amanda Pfeifer rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Amanda by: Kimberly Joy
This is the Bible of baby books!

I love it. I will be referencing this book for a long time!
Victoria
It has been very helpful. I continue to review it when I have questions.
Sara Sullivan
We are reading the Canadian Only version of this book and so far its amazing!
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Andrei
Andrei marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Racel
Racel marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Crystal
Crystal is currently reading it
Sep 25, 2014
Chelsie Brouillette
Chelsie Brouillette marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Larhonda
Larhonda marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Risa
Risa marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Breastfeeding Made Simple: Seven Natural Laws for Nursing Mothers
  • The Breastfeeding Answer Book
  • Mother Multiples: Breastfeeding & Caring for Twins or More! (La Leche League International Book)
  • Your Amazing Newborn
  • The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers : The Most Comprehensive Problem-Solution Guide to Breastfeeding from the Foremost Expert in North America
  • The Complete Book of Pregnancy & Childbirth
  • Touchpoints: Birth to 3 : Your Child's Emotional and Behavioral Development
  • Off the Tourist Trail: 1,000 Unexpected Travel Alternatives
  • Consuming Kids: The Hostile Takeover of Childhood
  • The Birth Partner
  • The Mindful Child: How to Help Your Kid Manage Stress and Become Happier, Kinder, and More Compassionate
  • Fifty Dangerous Things (You Should Let Your Children Do)
  • The Baby Name Wizard: A Magical Method for Finding the Perfect Name for Your Baby
  • Baby 411: Clear Answers & Smart Advice for Your Baby's First Year
  • Top 100 Baby Purees: 100 Quick and Easy Meals for a Healthy and Happy Baby
  • The Pregnancy Bible: Your Complete Guide to Pregnancy and Early Parenthood
  • Your Baby Is Speaking to You: A Visual Guide to the Amazing Behaviors of Your Newborn and Growing Baby
  • English Grammar for Students of French: The Study Guide for Those Learning French
Ann Douglas is the author of numerous books about pregnancy and parenting and the creator of The Mother of All Books series:

The Mother of All Pregnancy Books: (2nd US edition, July 2012 and 2nd Canadian edition, June 2011)
The Mother of All Baby Books
The Mother of All Toddler Books
The Mother of All Parenting Books and
The Mother of All Pregnancy Organizers.

Ann speaks at conferences related to
More about Ann Douglas...
The Mother of all Pregnancy Books Trying Again: A Guide to Pregnancy After Miscarriage, Stillbirth, and Infant Loss The Mother of All Toddler Books The Unofficial Guide to Having a Baby Sleep Solutions for Your Baby, Toddler and Preschooler: The Ultimate No-Worry Approach for Each Age and Stage