Start by marking “Mother of All Baby Books” as Want to Read:
Mother of All Baby Books

Mother of All Baby Books

"The Mother of All Baby Books" is the instruction manual that Mother Nature forgot to include with the new arrival -- a hands-on guide to coping with the joys and challenges of caring for your new baby. It's a totally comprehensive guide that features a non-bossy, fresh, and fun approach to Baby's exciting first year. Based on the best advice from over 100 Canadian parents ...more
Published December 18th 2009 by Wiley, John & Sons, Incorporated (first published May 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Mother of All Baby Books, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mother of All Baby Books

Melissa
Sep 23, 2007 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: new parents
Shelves: read-in-2007
So, I was happily reading this book and kept telling my husband about how much I like this book & that it ranks # 2 as far as baby books go (Baby 411 is the absolute BEST one) & I have read ALOT of baby books. Anyway I get to this sentence that really makes me mad - it is better to smoke & breastfeed than to not breastfeed at all - I tried to breastfeed my son for 3 months and we just could not do it. He was born with low blood sugar thanks to my diabetes & was given a bottle as ...more
Zoe MacKenzie
This book is better than "What to expect when your expecting", but just barely. I did not like this book at all, and I found the writing repetitive and non-supportive. This is book is not worth buying. If you are tempted to give it a read I recommend borrowing it from the library first.
Emilie
May 27, 2016 Emilie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: parenting-babies
(Review written later.) I read it a few weeks ago, and while I don’t know yet how useful the information will be, I thought it was a good reference book. Not enough to convince me to buy it, though. We’ll see, I could change my mind once Baby’s there!
Megan Garcia
This book would be for someone who knows absolutely nothing about babies. I felt like I only gained new information from one or two chapters of the book, if that.
Megan
Jan 30, 2014 Megan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a pretty helpful book, for the most part. There were good sections on what to expect of your body and baby as soon as it's born, and then how to care for the infant - diapering, bathing, breastfeeding, illness, etc. There are some good charts that I'm sure will come in handy in the future, as well as a long list of references and services that are available to parents. I liked that this was a Canadian book, since most child/pregnancy books are American, and things are different here.
Reese
Jan 09, 2014 Reese rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So much better than the "What to Expect" book series. And especially wonderful is that this book is offered for free as part of my workplace employee assistance program for expectant parents!
Oct 15, 2011 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this and thought it was useful. The only chapter that I wish I had skipped was the one on baby illnesses (though I probably should not have ready through it and only used it as a reference chapter). Like her other book, this book was practical and down to earth.
Jessica
Dec 20, 2011 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-it, non-fiction, 2011
Another go-to book for the next year. Following the Mother of All Baby Books, this is a great resource to rely on once your little one enters your life.
Michelle
very informative and to the point with a bit of dry Canadian humor in some of the anecdotes
Amanda Pfeifer
Feb 24, 2008 Amanda Pfeifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Amanda by: Kimberly Joy
This is the Bible of baby books!

I love it. I will be referencing this book for a long time!
Victoria
It has been very helpful. I continue to review it when I have questions.
Sara Sullivan
Dec 06, 2012 Sara Sullivan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We are reading the Canadian Only version of this book and so far its amazing!
Deep Jay
Deep Jay marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
Karthika
Karthika marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
jenn0021
jenn0021 marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
Brianne
Brianne is currently reading it
Aug 25, 2016
Phillipa
Phillipa marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Nikki
Nikki rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2016
Linda
Linda is currently reading it
Aug 05, 2016
Darcy
Darcy marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
N.J.S. Kaye
N.J.S. Kaye rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2016
Tres Fuerte
Tres Fuerte marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Mothering the New Mother: Women's Feelings & Needs After Childbirth: A Support and Resource Guide
  • Conception, Pregnancy & Birth
  • Breastfeeding Made Simple: Seven Natural Laws for Nursing Mothers
  • This Isn't What I Expected: Overcoming Postpartum Depression
  • Mother Multiples: Breastfeeding & Caring for Twins or More!
  • The Breastfeeding Answer Book
  • The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers : The Most Comprehensive Problem-Solution Guide to Breastfeeding from the Foremost Expert in North America
  • Homeschooling: The Teen Years: Your Complete Guide to Successfully Homeschooling the 13- to 18- Year-Old
  • Your Amazing Newborn
  • The Complete Book of Pregnancy and Childbirth (Revised)
  • The Oxford Dictionary Of Current English
  • Touchpoints: Birth to 3 : Your Child's Emotional and Behavioral Development
  • Impressionists
  • The Garneau Block
  • English Grammar for Students of French: The Study Guide for Those Learning French
  • Baby 411: Clear Answers & Smart Advice for Your Baby's First Year
  • Fallingwater Rising: Frank Lloyd Wright, E. J. Kaufmann, and America's Most Extraordinary House
  • Your Pregnancy & Birth: Information You Can Trust from the Leading Experts in Women's Health Care
Ann Douglas is the author of numerous books about pregnancy and parenting including, most recently, Parenting Through the Storm: How to Handle the Highs, the Lows, and Everything in Between. She is also the creator of The Mother of All Books series:

The Mother of All Pregnancy Books: (2nd US edition, July 2012 and 2nd Canadian edition, June 2011)
The Mother of All Baby Books
The Mother of All Todd
More about Ann Douglas...