Start by marking “A New Shoah: The Untold Story of Israel's Victims of Terrorism” as Want to Read:
A New Shoah: The Untold Story of Israel's Victims of Terrorism

A New Shoah: The Untold Story of Israel's Victims of Terrorism

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Every day in Israel, memorials are being held for the victims of Islamic fundamentalism. Since the “Second Intifada” began ten years ago, Palestinian terrorists have claimed 1,700 Israeli civilians. This equates to a staggering 70,000 victims, when adjusted to the United States population for scale.

In A New Shoah, Italian journalist Giulio Meotti’s extensive interviews wit
Published October 12th 2010 by Encounter Books (first published September 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A New Shoah, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A New Shoah

Teechbiz
Mr. Meotti presents us with facts and descriptions that are generally ignored by the US media.
The spirit of Israel cannot be killed and life will triumph over death
Luke
This is truly a fine book. "A New Shoah" serves a very unique (and tragically vital) purpose; it serves to catalogue the individual stories of some of the victims of the new Jewish holocaust: the victims of Islamist terrorism in the state of Israel. It would be easy for these victims to slide out of recent memory and headlines as the years pass and we are further inured to the frequent violence of these attacks, which makes what Giulio Meotti has done that much more important.

"A New Shoah" is b
Steven Mclain
A heartbreaking work told with love and care, this book could easily have meandered into polemic; instead, we are faced with the harsh truths of daily Israeli life. Meotti introduces the reader to a terrifying reality, one which becomes all the more agonizing when we realize that it comes so close behind the great horrors of the twentieth century. Putting names to numbers--the numbers of faceless statistics--while carefully invoking the specter of numbers tattooed to arms and chest in concentrat ...more
Gary
This invaluable, informative and harrowing digest tells the story little told before, about the victims of the terror war against Israel and her people.
It shows you what a prejudiced media will not dare to let you see, because their agenda is to prepare the world for genocide of the Jews of Israel, through a monstrous propaganda machine, never seen since Goebbels and Der Sterner paved the way for the holocaust.
The book is dedicated to the victims of Arab terror , and contains a harrowing and hea
Chana Billet
When I heard an Italian, gentile journalist wrote a compendium memorializing Israel's victims of terror, my first thought was, how could I not read this book?

Yes, the book's organization is poor. Yes, the translation from Italian to English has "rough around the edges" prose. Yes, I was yearning for more personal interviews and less information gleaned from newspapers, which I had already read.

Despite that, Meotti, a true friend of Israel, shines light on a subject that is so taboo in the main
Annelise
I thought this book would be more of a historical survey of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. It isn't. It is a collection of the stories of the many victims of terrorism in Israel. I initially wanted it to be more - an explanation, a background, a context - but I realized it was intended to be not much more than what it is on its face. First, because the author is an Italian journalist who is writing to an anti-Semitic European audience, but second, because not all things have an explanation.

As
Lisa Cline
This was a very had to read book but it was really awesome that the stories of so many of the victims are being told. I think this would be a good book for Christians to read so they would understand, really understand that Jewish people are going through. I came away with a sense of sadness and wanting to help in any way I could.
Jo
Dec 06, 2010 Jo is currently reading it
Just the Forward alone will entice you to read this book
Paola
Imprescindibile la sua lettura per il valore della testimonianza e per ritenere la memoria delle tante, troppe morti assurde.
Imprescindibile la sua lettura per conoscere la voce, le ragioni di una componente importante, in quello che si definisce il conflitto ebreo-israelo-palestinese.
Imprescindibile la sua lettura per chi vuole sapere, capire, conoscere, e avere così maggiori informazioni per forgiarsi un'opinione.
E da ultimo ma non meno importante é uno strumento per conoscere meglio la stori
Beau
Beau marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Trevor
Trevor marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Amber Hart
Amber Hart marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2013
Stuart Dillon
Stuart Dillon marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2013
Jack Hansen
Jack Hansen marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2013
Raymond Keen
Raymond Keen marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2013
Simon Evangelist
Simon Evangelist marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Michael Connolly
Michael Connolly marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Jay Resnick
Jay Resnick marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2013
Kenna (hoktauri)
Kenna (hoktauri) marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2012
Tamara
Tamara marked it as to-read
May 02, 2012
Ploni
Ploni marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2012