Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Soul: Country Music: The Inspirational Stories behind 101 of Your Favorite Country Songs” as Want to Read:

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  47 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Readers will get an inside look at the personal stories behind their favorite country songs as songwriters get up close and personal with exclusive stories about how and why they wrote them.

Songs tell a story, and now many of country music’s most famous singers and songwriters are sharing more of the story! These artists reveal the inspiration, influence, and background, a
Published May 3rd 2011 by Chicken Soup for the Soul

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Soul

Lenore Webb
Sep 01, 2011 Lenore Webb rated it it was amazing
Y'all I do live in Texas....born n' bred as they say. Even more so since I was born in Pecos Texas....home of Judge Roy Bean and home of the world's first rodeo. And you would think that I owned many pairs of jeans, a pair of cowboy boots and the regulation cowboy hat. But no! I hardly ever wear jeans, never have had a pair of boots or a cowboy hat. Yet I am Texan through and through.

Also there is the love of Friday night football and scooting a boot to country music. Again I fall short. If my d
Ana
Aug 13, 2012 Ana rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I think I would've given this book 3.5 stars if that was an option, only because I tended to skip some of the songs I didn't know. Four stars seems a bit enthusiastic when you didn't actually read it cover to cover, but the songs I do know and read made up for the ones I don't know. Now, these songs have even more meaning behind them. A lot of these already held a special place in my heart because of their personal meaning to me. I think this is a book I'll come back to and re-read the stories b ...more
Dayana
Jun 22, 2012 Dayana rated it it was amazing
Mi primera reacción cuando tuve este libro en mis manos fue “Hummmmm, no creo que me guste”.

Soy argentina y siempre viví en mi país, por lo que mi relación con el country (y con casi cualquier género musical) es nula. Pero me senté a leer un libro con la curiosidad de conocer un poquito del tema.

Sintetizando: no me compraría un CD ni iría a un concierto de country de motus propio, pero tengo que reconocer que este fue el libro que más me gustó de los Chicken soup for the soul he leído hasta ahor
Guillermo
Jun 23, 2012 Guillermo rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This book contains the behind the scenes story about 101 Country Songs, some of the songs you listen to only one chord and you recognize it, some of them you dont, and its a great way to discover new music to fall for.

One interesting thing about this particular Chicken Soup book is that it is organized by alphabet, it has a picture of the author, the song title, who tells the story, who wrote the lyrics, who wrote the melody and who recorded the song. Then the story behind it, and then the lyric
Sasha Enge
Oct 06, 2014 Sasha Enge rated it really liked it
it would have been 5 stars but I skipped over the sings I wasn't familiar with, so I'm saying 4! Great stories behind some if my favorite songs though!
Patricia Atkinson
Feb 06, 2016 Patricia Atkinson rated it it was amazing
loved it has explanations on where they get their songs and ideas from...
Crystal
Nov 26, 2015 Crystal rated it liked it
It was a good book. The reason I gave it a 3 star was the majority of songs was ones before my time.
Courtney Edson
Aug 23, 2011 Courtney Edson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: won, other-giveaways
Wow awesome! I always wondered what the reason for some songs were. I am very blessed to have the opportunity to win and read such a wonderful book.
Meghan Minich
Meghan Minich rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2016
Julia Nicholas-Duprey
Julia Nicholas-Duprey marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Phinneas-David Williams
Phinneas-David Williams rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2016
Christian
Christian rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2016
Savannah Avery
Savannah Avery marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Keisha Tafoya
Keisha Tafoya marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Aileen Zhu
Aileen Zhu marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Leslie Leard
Leslie Leard marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Tori
Tori marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Kim Hammond
Kim Hammond is currently reading it
Mar 18, 2016
Amanda Bailey
Amanda Bailey rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2016
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2016
Danny McCaffrey
Danny McCaffrey marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2016
ShanLandis
ShanLandis marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth is currently reading it
Jan 24, 2016
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Christopher Cunningham
Christopher Cunningham marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2015
Michelle Perkins
Michelle Perkins marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2015
Mary K
Mary K rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2015
Linda Lohman
Linda Lohman rated it it was ok
Dec 07, 2015
Bernadette
Bernadette marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...