Start by marking “The Eye Book (Bright & Early Books(R))” as Want to Read:
The Eye Book (Bright & Early Books(R))

The Eye Book (Bright & Early Books(R))

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,369 Ratings  ·  70 Reviews
Our eyes see flies.
Our eyes see ants.
Sometimes they see
pink underpants.

Oh, say can you see? Dr. Seuss’s hilarious ode to eyes gives little ones a whole new appreciation for all the wonderful things to be seen!

Book Details: Format: Hardcover Publication Date: 9/28/1999 Pages: 36 Reading Level: Age 2 and Up
Published October 12th 1968 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published 1968)

To ask other readers questions about The Eye Book (Bright & Early Books, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Eye Book (Bright & Early Books

David Sarkies
Apr 22, 2015 David Sarkies rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All about eyes
17 November 2012

Hey, this book is so simple that I can translate most of it into German without going to a dictionary.

Das Auge Buch
Auge, Augen.
Meine Augen, Meine Augen.
Seine Augen, Seine Augen.
Zwinke Auge, Zwinke Auge.
Rosa Auge, rosa Auge.
Meine Augen Seiht, er Augen Seiht.
Ich sehe ihm, er seiht mich.
Unsere Augen sehen blau, unsere Augen sehen rott.
Sie sehen ein Vogel, Sie sehen ein Bett.
Sie sehen den Sonne, Sie sehen den Mond.
Sie sehen eine Gabel, ein Messer, und einen Loffel.
Sie
Michelle McBeth
This is a Dr. Seuss book that has been written purposely for the prereader audience. The sentences are shorter and the vocabulary is slim. The illustrations target each vocabulary word to make it easier to remember the new words. This book is written for a lower age group than the Beginner Books series. The story follows many of the things we can see with our eyes including a horse, trees, ants, and even pink underpants!

The version of the book I am reviewing was not illustrated by Dr. Seuss. The
Kathryn
Mar 03, 2011 Kathryn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-my-boys
This is an excellent earlyreader preschool book. The pictures are bright and engaging with the words at beginner level. I guess on average, most kids will have the book memorized after 2-3 reads. Books like this are essential if you want your children to have a head start in reading.
Megan
This book is written by Dr. Suess as Theo LeSieg. It is a book all about eye. It teaches kids that our eyes are different from other animals eyes, but we all see the same things. We see the same shapes anyway, not all animals see in the same color spectrum. Our eyes see colors like blue and red, they see far and they see near, etc. I like the illustrations in this book because they are bright colored, but the main focus is clearly the eyes, as the eyes are the biggest feature on both the boy and ...more
Hayle Lincoln
This is a great children's beginner book! The word choice was selectively chosen in order to use this as a child's first reads. The illustrations in this book are very bright, and cute. I also liked what was said throughout the book, it involved how important our eyes are to us everyday. We use our eyes to see trees, people, and beautiful colors. This book really made me thankful to have my eye sight. Thank you Jesus! I would use this book in my classroom to help teach my students how to learn h ...more
Angie
Aug 09, 2013 Angie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
Synopsis: ""My eyes see. His eyes see. I see him. And he sees me." With text as simple as simple can be, Theo. LeSieg (a.k.a. Theodore Geisel, a.k.a. Dr. Seuss) uses humor and rhythm to encourage the very youngest children to discover the joy of reading. A big-eyed boy and a pink-eyed rabbit cavort through the book, seeing everything there is to see: a girl, a horse, an old tin can, the sun, the moon--even pink underpants (which makes them both blush). Rhyming objects give the brief "story" a li ...more
Edward Creter
The eyes have it in this book from the same Dr. Seuss publishing team that gave us The Foot Book. A rabbit helps a boy as well as the little reader to appreciate the eyes that see, and that see all sorts of wonderful things! Blind people may not be able to enjoy this one without feeling sad, so I understand. Seeing isn't always believing, but it's good to take care of your orbs. It takes vision to help kids learn and love life. All you have to do is look look, see see.
Yas
May 09, 2015 Yas rated it it was ok
So we say Hurraaaa for eyes!.

Bien, este libro se me hizo muy, muy simple, creo que este viene de una serie de los cinco sentidos. Y bueno, lo que más me gustó fueron las ilustraciones tan tiernas que contiene, son de lo mejor.
A.C. Bauch
My little one loved this book, and I can't wait to read it to him again when he's old enough to know what an eye is and tell me all the things he sees in the world around him. Love the illustrations that look like they were done with Prismacolor markers!
Bailey
Sep 19, 2015 Bailey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great sight word book, using simple words. The illustrations are good to use for some more difficult words, such as airplanes. And obviously a cute rhyme to go throughout the book, since it was written by dr Seuss.
Jessie
Oct 10, 2012 Jessie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
We got this book from the library - I'd never actually read it as a child.
I started to read it to my son, and he insisted he was going to read the entire book to me instead. He didn't need my help on a single word and he was SO excited to have done it all by himself. He later read the book to Daddy, and then we took in for a car ride so he could read by himself in the back seat. Great book for early readers!

The story is simple and similar to the nose book. Actually, my son even giggled at the en
Saidy
Dec 09, 2015 Saidy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book states everything that is seen with the eyes in a a rhyming pattern.
like looking down a whole looking at a bird and looking at underpants haha. its funny and enjoyable.
Austin Wright
The "My Big Book of Beginner Books About Me" is the most embarrassing section of Dr Seuss' bibliography, where he was just putting out books for the dolla' dolla'. Two-stared everything.
Emily
Jun 09, 2014 Emily rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: light-reading
Just had to log this one because Lauren laughed when I said I would. Had fun reading board books to babies at a one-year-old's birthday party yesterday!
Judah
Jul 29, 2016 Judah rated it did not like it
It was just a dumb book because if you have eyes, what else are they for, of course they are for seeing. It was a stupid book.
Melissa Bee
Yes, I read this book as party of Story Time @ a local daycare center. The kids loved it so much we read it 3 times in a row.
Stephanie Shaw
Nov 18, 2015 Stephanie Shaw rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: baby
Awesome book about eyes! My son absolutely loves this book and wants to read it over and over again.
Ella
Nov 15, 2014 Ella rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Eye, eye, eye... Who doesn't love a bit of Dr. Seuss? (AKA Theo LeSieg) Must read.
Alexis
Nov 01, 2014 Alexis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
1yr old liked this book when he was learning body parts. Simple, cute, fun.
Suzanne
Nov 29, 2015 Suzanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: beginning-books
This is a great book for beginners. Can be read as a class, then allow students to read independently.
Emkoshka
Cute and simple, it's a nice way to teach kids some basic vocabulary. I like the addition of the pink-eyed rabbit.
Vickie
Apr 06, 2016 Vickie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
My grandkids love this book.
Srirram Raman
Nice book for beginners
Kristin Miller
Who all has eyes? What can eyes see? This is a fun book for younger ages when they are learning about their eyes. I think children will love this book. It's an easy read for younger ages and I think they would love reading it because they get to follow a bunny around and see what the bunny sees along with what the little boy sees as well. This is a good read.
Rachelolivia
Jun 02, 2015 Rachelolivia marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
II
Barbara James
picture book
Jack Kirby and the X-man
Dr. Seuss/Theo Le Sieg rhyming for young kids at its very best.

The new illustrations by Joe Mathieu really work well.
Luann
Aug 25, 2011 Luann rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book, 2011
This is one of the super simple Dr. Seuss books that I don't believe I ever read when I was younger. The illustrations by Joe Mathieu are ultra-cute. The boy and the rabbit each have large, bright eyes which make the eyes the focus of each illustration - as it should be in a book all about eyes and the things they see.
Skylar Burris
Jan 06, 2010 Skylar Burris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
I really like these Bright and Early Books for Beginners for my Kindergartener, who is just learning to read. The words are simple, repetitive, and often rhyming, which helps her to pick them up more quickly, but the pictures are cute and colorful enough to capture her attention.
Mandy J. Hoffman
Jul 16, 2009 Mandy J. Hoffman rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books
Dr. Seuss captures the hearts and imaginations of both children and adults alike in yet another fun book about body parts. This one being about the eyes features an adorable rabbit and one cute boy. You learn about all the neat things you can see with your eyes.
  • The Shape of Me and Other Stuff
  • The Nose Book
  • It's Not Easy Being Big! (Bright & Early Books)
  • Snug House, Bug House (Bright & Early Books)
  • Can You Tell Me How to Get to Sesame Street?
  • C is for Clown
  • Thomas and the School Trip (Thomas & Friends)