Start by marking “The Eye Book (Bright & Early Books(R))” as Want to Read:
The Eye Book (Bright & Early Books(R))

The Eye Book (Bright & Early Books(R))

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  791 ratings  ·  56 reviews
Our eyes see flies.
Our eyes see ants.
Sometimes they see
pink underpants.

Oh, say can you see? Dr. Seuss’s hilarious ode to eyes gives little ones a whole new appreciation for all the wonderful things to be seen!

Book Details: Format: Hardcover Publication Date: 9/28/1999 Pages: 36 Reading Level: Age 2 and Up
Published October 12th 1968 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published 1968)

To ask other readers questions about The Eye Book (Bright & Early Books, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Eye Book (Bright & Early Books

David Sarkies
Hey, this book is so simple that I can translate most of it into German without going to a dictionary.

Das Auge Buch
Auge, Augen.
Meine Augen, Meine Augen.
Seine Augen, Seine Augen.
Zwinke Auge, Zwinke Auge.
Rosa Auge, rosa Auge.
Meine Augen Seiht, Seine Augen Seiht.
Ich sehe ihm, er seiht mich.
Unsere Augen sehen blau, unsere Augen sehen rott.
Sie sehen ein Vogel, Sie sehen ein Bett.
Sie sehen den Sonne, Sie sehen den Mond.
Sie sehen eine Gabel, ein Messer, und einen Loffel.
Sie sehen eine Madchen,
Sie seh
Kathryn
This is an excellent earlyreader preschool book. The pictures are bright and engaging with the words at beginner level. I guess on average, most kids will have the book memorized after 2-3 reads. Books like this are essential if you want your children to have a head start in reading.
Megan
This book is written by Dr. Suess as Theo LeSieg. It is a book all about eye. It teaches kids that our eyes are different from other animals eyes, but we all see the same things. We see the same shapes anyway, not all animals see in the same color spectrum. Our eyes see colors like blue and red, they see far and they see near, etc. I like the illustrations in this book because they are bright colored, but the main focus is clearly the eyes, as the eyes are the biggest feature on both the boy and ...more
Angie
Synopsis: ""My eyes see. His eyes see. I see him. And he sees me." With text as simple as simple can be, Theo. LeSieg (a.k.a. Theodore Geisel, a.k.a. Dr. Seuss) uses humor and rhythm to encourage the very youngest children to discover the joy of reading. A big-eyed boy and a pink-eyed rabbit cavort through the book, seeing everything there is to see: a girl, a horse, an old tin can, the sun, the moon--even pink underpants (which makes them both blush). Rhyming objects give the brief "story" a li ...more
Edward Creter
The eyes have it in this book from the same Dr. Seuss publishing team that gave us The Foot Book. A rabbit helps a boy as well as the little reader to appreciate the eyes that see, and that see all sorts of wonderful things! Blind people may not be able to enjoy this one without feeling sad, so I understand. Seeing isn't always believing, but it's good to take care of your orbs. It takes vision to help kids learn and love life. All you have to do is look look, see see.
A.C. Bauch
My little one loved this book, and I can't wait to read it to him again when he's old enough to know what an eye is and tell me all the things he sees in the world around him. Love the illustrations that look like they were done with Prismacolor markers!
Jessie
We got this book from the library - I'd never actually read it as a child.
I started to read it to my son, and he insisted he was going to read the entire book to me instead. He didn't need my help on a single word and he was SO excited to have done it all by himself. He later read the book to Daddy, and then we took in for a car ride so he could read by himself in the back seat. Great book for early readers!

The story is simple and similar to the nose book. Actually, my son even giggled at the en
Emily
Just had to log this one because Lauren laughed when I said I would. Had fun reading board books to babies at a one-year-old's birthday party yesterday!
Melissa Bee
Yes, I read this book as party of Story Time @ a local daycare center. The kids loved it so much we read it 3 times in a row.
Ella
Eye, eye, eye... Who doesn't love a bit of Dr. Seuss? (AKA Theo LeSieg) Must read.
Alexis
1yr old liked this book when he was learning body parts. Simple, cute, fun.
Emkoshka
Cute and simple, it's a nice way to teach kids some basic vocabulary. I like the addition of the pink-eyed rabbit.
Jack Kirby and the X-man
Dr. Seuss/Theo Le Sieg rhyming for young kids at its very best.

The new illustrations by Joe Mathieu really work well.
Luann
This is one of the super simple Dr. Seuss books that I don't believe I ever read when I was younger. The illustrations by Joe Mathieu are ultra-cute. The boy and the rabbit each have large, bright eyes which make the eyes the focus of each illustration - as it should be in a book all about eyes and the things they see.
Skylar Burris
I really like these Bright and Early Books for Beginners for my Kindergartener, who is just learning to read. The words are simple, repetitive, and often rhyming, which helps her to pick them up more quickly, but the pictures are cute and colorful enough to capture her attention.
Mandy J. J.
Dr. Seuss captures the hearts and imaginations of both children and adults alike in yet another fun book about body parts. This one being about the eyes features an adorable rabbit and one cute boy. You learn about all the neat things you can see with your eyes.
Josiah
Similar to "The Tooth Books" in many ways, this short volume is everything that Dr. Seuss fans would expect in one of his easy reader books. "The Eye Book" encourages us to take a fresh look at the world around us, and enjoy it for what it is.
Room 123
It is so fun because it says the same words a lot of times! It is funny to me. I like the book. It is not a scary book. It is a funny books. It has lots of words. Go check it out at your library! By Megan
Kristalyn
This has been one of our favorites for toddlers, and Preston's just discovered it! Typical Dr. Seuss rhymes and fun illustrations. (Theo LeSeig is Theodore Giesel (spelled backwards) and also Dr. Seuss.)
Tricia
Fun! And I just learned that Geisel wrote as LeSieg when he was author but not illustrator. I should've known that. I digress. This easy reader is a fun collection of eye-related material. Lively.
Hope4flowers
Eric Minneman gave this to us when he was getting rid of some of his son's old books. Henry loves it. (20 mo)

Henry especially likes how his Daddy reads it to him. It makes him crack up.
Gaby Roman
This book was okay. I didn't think it was too special. It would be good for pre school aged kids or younger. I thought it could have been a little more creative with the writing.
Sandy
A really quick read. Probably took me a minute or two but I enjoyed it. Read it aloud to my friends in the bookstore and got a few laughs XD. You can't hate Dr. Seuss.
Theresa
I learnt this off by heart and back to front!! (And could probably recite it now if I really tried...) Such good memories.

A FANTASTIC book for learning to read.
Cindi Ford
Oct 15, 2007 Cindi Ford rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: kids & parents of younger kids
Shelves: kidsbooks
My kids and I read this book all the time and enjoy it. It is more for the under 5 or 6 year-old but makes a good early reader as well.
Katie
Honestly this book was great the first thirty or so times, but now I'm totally sick of it and it stays hidden in my house
Alise Durkota
Very simple text with many sight words. Remember reading really simple textx is the best way to build sight word recognition!!
Samantha
An easy reader book about eyes. Text is rhyming and repetitive and full color illustrations support text well.
Heather
10 months - the board book is small for travel. This is also another great book for signing with baby!
  • The Shape of Me and Other Stuff
  • The Nose Book
  • Can You Tell Me How to Get to Sesame Street?
  • Hooray For Diffendoofer Day! (Dr Seuss)
  • It's Not Easy Being Big! (Bright & Early Books)
  • Berenstains' A Book (Bright and Early Books for Beginning Beginners)
Ten Apples Up On Top! Please Try to Remember the First of Octember! Maybe You Should Fly a Jet! Maybe You Should Be a Vet! Hooper Humperdink...? Not Him! I Wish That I Had Duck Feet