Start by marking “Curious George Takes a Train” as Want to Read:
Curious George Takes a Train

Curious George Takes a Train (Curious George New Adventures)

Curious George heads to the train station to take a trip with the Man with the Yellow Hat, but when he tries to help out the station master, he gets himself into trouble. George finds himself a hiding place--only to discover that his help is really needed when a little boy's toy train is about to fall onto the tracks. NEW on inside and back covers: connect-the-dots, fun fa ...more
Published August 26th 2008 by Houghton Mifflin (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Curious George Takes a Train, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Curious George Takes a Train

Sonia
Feb 03, 2015 Sonia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tutoring-books
The man in the yellow hat really needs a name....

On another note: does this monkey ever get in trouble?
Megan Renner
Feb 18, 2014 Megan Renner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: etl-2368
Reye, H.A, Margret. (2002). Curious greoge takes a train. New York: Houghton Mifflin Company.

It is earl morning when George and the man with the yellow hat arrived at the train station. At the train station they met Mrs. Needleman and were on their way to the country. The train station was very busy, and the people there seemed busy too. There were a group of people looking up towards the train master to see when their train was arriving/ leaving. All of the sudden the master was called away an
Angie
Nov 18, 2015 Angie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
Synopsis: "Curious George heads to the train station to take a trip with the Man with the Yellow Hat, but when he tries to help out the station master, he gets himself into trouble. George finds himself a hiding place—only to discover that his help is really needed when a little boy’s toy train is about to fall onto the tracks. NEW on inside and back covers: connect-the-dots, fun facts, and telling time activities."

My Review: I feel like we have read this book before or seen the TV episode. Mayb
Michelle King
Apr 04, 2011 Michelle King rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Curious George books have been around a long time. This is one of my old favorites. This book is about George taking a train. He sees a man adjusting the scheduling board. He offers his help and totally messes up the board and confuses the passengers in the process. But George redeems himself when he saves a little boys toy train from rolling down into the train tracks. He and the kid becomes buddies. They realize they are taking the same train. The captain reserves them seats at the front of th ...more
Brigid Keely
In "Curious George Takes a Train," Curious George wrecks havoc in a train station and then saves a little boy's toy from falling onto the rail road tracks, the little boy close behind. Then he and the boy get to ride in the front of the train, with the engineer. Please note that this books is IN THE STYLE OF Margaret & H. A. Rey, not done by them. If you're looking for a modern update without weird imperialism or drug/alcohol use (brandy, a cigar, ether) and a slightly shorter story, this mi ...more
Savannah
Feb 01, 2014 Savannah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
I love how George was trying to help the train master place numbers and letters on the arrivals and departures board. Instead he just mixed everything up. Oops. George gets caught so he runs off and hides. Then a little boy sees a train and runs toward it but it's not his train. The gate closes and he cries while his toy train is rolling away. The boy then runs after it but George catches it before the little boy gets too close. What a close call! The little boy and George end up being on the sa ...more
Mark
Sep 12, 2010 Mark rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adults
Everyone's favorite monkey is back in one of his most exciting adventures yet. In this book, Curious George takes a trip to the train station, where he tried to help by reorganizing the train locations and times, but eventually resulted in chaos.

The illustrations in this book are just as amusing and detailed as they have been for years. No matter what age the readers are, they will still delight in seeing what mischief George will get himself into next.

This story greatly contributes to the clas
Alicia
Aug 25, 2013 Alicia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm giving this a 1-star because the story takes place in a train station and George does not actually ride the train until the last page. So, if you are expecting a Curious George story plus a train story, get ready to be disappointed.

More children's book reviews at:
Brooklyn Saplings
The kids all loved this book. For those who attended the Grand Central field trip, they had a point of reference for George's antics in the train station. For those who didn't go to Grand Central, they were just excited to see Curious George on the cover. Once the story started, though, it seemed like everyone could get on the same page. It was nice to have this as part of Hello Circle!
Rosa Cline
Feb 20, 2014 Rosa Cline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
I liked this Curious George book better than some of his others. He gets in to mischief but not majorly into trouble AND he helps save a little boy from danger. So helps teach children what happens when you are in a crowd and you go away from your parents but also teaches to help others too. A nice George book.
Samantha
Aug 14, 2009 Samantha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you're going to read Curious George books, they should probably be the not original ones, they are a little bit shorter and therefore better for the intended audience. They lack some of the original flavor but they get the basic premise though. George makes everyone angry by messing around but saves the day later. You gotta love Curious George.
Suzanne
Jul 13, 2008 Suzanne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
I find Curious George to be annoying, and not an endearingly mischievious monkey. My daughter loves him, though, and cannot get enough. We read the books and watch it on PBS and I think she has a t-shirt somewhere. At least it's not Sponge Bob.
Margaret Chind
Oct 05, 2012 Margaret Chind rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this one in a treasury that we're borrowing online from the library overdrive. Finally it seems George saves the day, but things could have been much worse. I'm not sure what I think about George overall he is a good percent pure chaos. Maybe he can be curious so my kiddies wont have to be?
Wooden Horse
I think I live to close to Caltrain to really enjoy this book. When the little boy runs towards the train tracks to save his little toy train I became rather frightened for him. I'm glad Curious George came to the rescue!
Dwayne Keller
Sep 29, 2013 Dwayne Keller rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Its fun to go back and reread some of the books from childhood.
Daniel Fevrin
Dec 07, 2015 Daniel Fevrin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very cute story. My son loves it especially because he loves trains.
Anita
This George book is a bit shorter than the classic ones and doesn't have as many vocabulary building words in it. But it is still enjoyable for train loving kiddos!
Kara "kc"
Jan 30, 2009 Kara "kc" is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I love you curious george train and that's all I can say.
Theresa
Jul 24, 2011 Theresa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
a later story showing a more naughty side to the innocent money who goes to live in the big city
PWRL
Jan 20, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new, 2017-new
O
SM
Carter Harrison
Oct 28, 2014 Carter Harrison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We love George. =)
Jenn Swanson
Jun 04, 2016 Jenn Swanson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: quickie, fiction, children
My daughter enjoyed this book on the curious monkey at a train station. Would recommend.
Raelene
Jul 23, 2010 Raelene rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
We love the old-fashioned train and station setting and George gets (again) a chance to be a hero and excuse himself from trouble.
Lydia
Jul 21, 2010 Lydia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Ol' George in trouble again!
MyLovelyBookShelfOnTheWall
JT loved this!
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
George says the day, after cause all kinda of delays
Markus
Sep 16, 2013 Markus rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Curious George and the man with the yellow hat go with Mrs Needleman to the country. Who is Mrs Needleman? Has she been in other CG books? But to the plot, she was meaningless detail.
Bug
Bug rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2008
Shaena Peters
Shaena Peters rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2015
  • Curious George's Opposites
  • Five Little Monkeys Go Shopping
  • The Christmas Story (Little Golden Book)
  • Two Little Trains
  • Grandma, Grandpa, and Me
  • Bones, Bones, Dinosaur Bones
  • The Caboose Who Got Loose
  • Railroad Hank
  • Elmo Loves You (Sesame Street)
  • The Animals' Christmas Eve
  • Little Blue Truck Leads the Way
  • Dinosaur Days
  • Mouse's First Valentine
  • Froggy Rides a Bike
  • Toot & Puddle: Charming Opal
  • Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star: And Other Favorite Bedtime Rhymes
  • Choo Choo
Margret Elizabeth Rey (May 16, 1906 – December 21, 1996), born Margarete Elisabeth Waldstein, was (with her husband H. A. Rey), the co-author and illustrator of children's books, best known for their Curious George

Although she was born in Germany, she fled to Brazil early in her life to escape Nazism. While there, she met her future husband Hans (who was a salesman and also from Germany). They mar
More about Margret Rey...

Curious George New Adventures (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Curious George Goes to the Aquarium