Sunday's Kitchen: Food & Living at Heide

Sunday's Kitchen: Food & Living at Heide

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Spotlighting a passionate cook and gardener, this biographical account explores the home of Sunday Reed and her husband John, emphasizing the importance of home-grown produce, seasonal cooking, and a communal table. Showcasing the Reeds as two of Australia’s most significant art benefactors, this study investigates this couple’s 15 acre property, which they settled on in 1...more
Published July 23rd 2010 by Melbourne University Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Sunday's Kitchen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sunday's Kitchen

Mandy
On a roll with the whole Heide thing, so read this immediately after Autumn Laing, also because I got it for Christmas. A terrific insight into the life of the Reeds at "Heide" and their important role in the encouragement, mentorship and sponsorship of so many Australian artists. Lots of photos, recipes and anecdotes from their friends included in this lovely little book.
Ormond College Library
Anne Herbert: Being very interested in gardens, especially food gardens, I enjoyed visiting Heide. That led me to the Reed’s and their friends, their approach to hospitality, art and food. I read The Heart Garden (pub 2004), a biography of Sunday Reed. The book provides details about that Melbourne establishment family and their support of artists and the symbolic surrealism movement in Australian art – recent history about which I was not very familiar.
After having read that, I found Sunday’s K...more
Anna
Interesting read. More enjoyable as a snapshot of life at Heide - don't think I will be making use of any of the recipes. It left me wanting more detail of the Reeds and their set.
Kristen
An interesting snapshot of how life was at Heide. Wonderful photos.
Anna Maria
Anna Maria marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Ian Paganus
Ian Paganus marked it as to-read
May 15, 2013
Maya
Maya marked it as to-read
May 13, 2013
Basil
Basil added it
Mar 13, 2013
Ruth
Ruth marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2012
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2012
Johanna Botman
Johanna Botman is currently reading it
Feb 29, 2012
Leonie
Leonie is currently reading it
Dec 31, 2011
Leah Lambart
Leah Lambart marked it as to-read
May 13, 2011
Sunday's Garden: Growing Heide Have Many Gone from Here: Pauntley's First World War Memorial Sunday's Kitchen: Food & Living at Heide Cubism & Australian Art