Start by marking “Rough Ride (Cattle Valley, #4)” as Want to Read:
Rough Ride (Cattle Valley, #4)

Rough Ride (Cattle Valley #4)

3.88  ·  Rating Details ·  1,275 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
For rancher, Ezra James, life is pretty simple. He wakes before dawn and spends his day working with the cattle he loves. For twenty years, the EZ Does It ranch has been enough to drown out his loneliness and guilt. To the world, he appears impervious to everything. The only chink in his armour - the man who owns the clothing store in town.

Palmer 'Wyn' Wynfield caught Ezra
Published April 28th 2008 by Total-E-Bound Publishing (first published April 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Rough Ride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rough Ride

Mountie
Aug 09, 2010 Mountie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, contemporary
The people over in the M/M Romance Group requested that those of us who give 1 star to a book explain why. I know that there are many people who read Ms. Lynne's work and are happy, unfortunately I am not. If you enjoy reading Ms. Lynne's work, please continue to do so. If you have never read one of Ms. Lynne's works please try her out. May I suggest Cattle Valley: Sweet Topping as this is the best book I have found in any of her series.

I'd like to explain my 1 star. The blurbs to a book is what
Chappy
Mar 07, 2015 Chappy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice quick read and I find myself really getting into this series. Books 1 and 2 weren't that great but 3 and 4 were much better.

Ezra is a mountain of a man who was using his gruff exterior to keep everyone at bay. Wyn has had some troubling relationships in the past and is a little weary to get involved again.

These 2 older guys are smoking hot together.
Lillie
Liked the May/December romance. I also liked catching up with the other characters in this series. I liked the chemistry between the heroes. Very good read.
Yvonne
Dec 28, 2011 Yvonne rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, m-m-cowboys
Shallow, trite and predictable with cringe worthy dialog.
Tonileg
Jan 25, 2013 Tonileg rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, m-m, western
Wyn, Palmer Wynfield is a business man in Cattle Valley, he owns the clothing shop in town, but he is suddenly called away to take care of his dying father and sell his family's ranch in Oklahoma. Farmer Ezra James has been checking out Wyn since he first saw him, but has been gentle in his attentions because Wyn was clearly scared of his big size when they finally met. Now Wyn has asked Ezra to come to Oklahoma and help him settle his family affairs so he can go back to Cattle Valley and peace. ...more
Don Bradshaw
This was the story of Ezra and Wyn. It was nice to read a story about two older men finding true love after mistakes in their pasts. Wyn is still a little skittish after his abusive relationship with the old pastor. He is forced to return to a small town in Oklahoma to settle his father's estate but runs into some gay bashers. Wyn calls Nate to see if he'll come and help him but Nate suggests that he call Ezra. Both Ezra and Wyn have some chemistry so Ezra flies down to help. Ezra is a giant of ...more
Kay
Feb 24, 2012 Kay rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
We met Wyn in the first book of this series as the man who had been stalked by his ex-lover. It’s been months now since all that, and Wyn has been called home when his father passes away and he’s faced with selling the family ranch. When the hometown locals gang up on Wyn because of his lifestyle, Wyn reaches out to Ezra to come and help him. For too long the two had avoided their attraction and growing love for one another, but Wyn’s call is just what Ezra needs push them into the relationship ...more
Shelby P
Jul 30, 2013 Shelby P rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
This is my least favorite so far in the series. I didn't buy the connection between Ezra and Wynn. And there was too much sex. Seems like they just came together to have sex. I didn't like the plot either. I don't understand why the author felt it necessary to have Wynn scarred by the barbed wire fence. Hopefully the next in the series will be better than this one. I also wondered if we'll get a f/f story since women/lesbians do live in Cattle Valley, but you'd never guess it with the supporting ...more
Anjali
Definitely not for me.This book was not a good reading material for me.Liked how it started but after that story went downhill for me , let me justify even my !1 star cause I deliberated on giving none . Carol Lynne can write no doubt about it or else I wont have been able to finish this book ,but the story I like is where the romance develops slow steady and the character totally fall for each other not just the wham-bam sex and I am in love type.My assessment

Characters are Zero appeal
Story Plo
Lisa
Mar 20, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed by MM Good Book Reviews:
This is book four to this amazing series however they should be read in order so that you get to know the wonderful characters. Characters that you will come to love. Each one has their own tragic story or painful story to tell. They are amazing and so full of love for each other that you can't help but cheer them on.
Wyn and Ezra has been fighting the attraction between them. Ezra had gotten his feelings hurt the first time he walked into Wyn's store, that he cal
Amber
Jun 13, 2014 Amber rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I kind of think its funny that I am a straight female and yet I am reading gay romance I have never read gay romance before the reason I read this book originally is because I have a friend who is gay that is simply in love with this book series because he has told me all about this series (a lot) I figured I would give it a go well all I can is is my friend has fabulous taste (not that he would ever let me forget that for even a second)
I may be a straight female but I simply love the guys in th
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
Sweet. Totally unrealistic. Just what I needed on a hot day traveling in the summer.
Christy
Oct 05, 2015 Christy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: m/m fans, finding love
This was another excellent read. I have been waiting to read Ezra and Wyn's story since book one. The third book where Nate sent the Valentine's cookies basket had me even more intrigued.

Wyn was in the first book and owns his own clothing store. In this book it picked up before Gill and Kyle's wedding. Wyn went back to where he was from to take care of his dad. When his dad died he needed help with the Ranch so it could be sold. Most important he needed someone to scare the locals from messing
Jenny Wood
Mar 31, 2016 Jenny Wood rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Wyn from previous books, he deserved someone amazing like Ezra.
They seemed to dance around each other because of their first meeting they'd unintentionally hurt each others feelings. Of course, with the help of resident meddler Nate lol he gets Wyn talked into calling Ezra when he needs his help. Of course Ezra runs to help because he cares about Wyn.
I really enjoyed Richard too, my heart broke for him I know he gets his own book too but it's been so long since I've read these I'm real
Jenna Byrnes
Apr 19, 2009 Jenna Byrnes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I did not want to start reading the latest installment in Carol Lynne's Cattle Valley series: Rough Ride. I have a job, I try to write every day, and there is the small matter of family (do they really need to eat again today?) I knew what would happen, and I was right. Once I fired up my ebook reader and hit the first page of Rough Ride, I was lost. Wyn phoned Nate and there I was, right back in Cattle Valley, a town that I love, and love to immerse myself in.

Rough Ride is the fourth installme
Pam
The first time I say Ezra and Winn interact I thought are these two every going to get their act together. It was obvious from the way Ms. Lynne had written them that they were crazy about each other but attitude and preconceived notions were keeping them apart.

The little twist at the beginning of this one where Nate suggested Ezra's help was the perfect push both needed. Talk about a case of opposites attracting. These two are about as opposite as opposite can be but yet Ms. Lynn's creative sk
Melissa
Jan 21, 2013 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, cowboy-hotties
I was waiting for this book since the first book I read. Palmer Wynfield and Ezra James have a long-standing feud stemming from a verbal altercation a few years back and even though they have been getting along better these days. Ezra even kissed Wyn at the New Year's Eve party at the church!

When Wyn's dad dies and he has to go back to Oklahoma to get the ranch ready to sell, he encounters some problems with the townsfolk who don't like his lifestyle and beat him up. He calls Ezra to ask him to
Maddie's One Read In Heaven
This book was a joy it was emotional as wyn was facing a rough turn but nate comes to the rescue.
wyn did have me laugh as when I met ezra I didn't see these two together but I was wrong, it was lovely and perfect by the end.
4 stars
Miralinda
не очень люблю романы с пожилыми ГГ. Седина и т.д. и, видимо, следующий роман в этой серии тоже с пожилыми...Хотя Эзра очень понравился, такой медведь))
Donna
May 29, 2014 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Ezra and Wyn, what a beautiful story
Dee
Jul 16, 2016 Dee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simone
May 30, 2015 Simone rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wendy Ann
I love this series, but I wasn’t quite as enamored with this couple as the others I’ve read so far. I think some of the self-doubt made Wyn seem younger than what I perceived him to be and I just wasn’t feeling a strong connection with the main characters. I did enjoy getting a glimpse into the life of some of the returning characters and hope there is a story in the future for at least one of the new guys. I love the thought of a real Cattle Valley and so I read with the hope that maybe dreams ...more
Pamela Craft Jenewein
Aug 11, 2016 Pamela Craft Jenewein rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-stories
Re-read
Kristen Miranda
Jun 28, 2015 Kristen Miranda rated it really liked it
4/5
Tori Thompson
Jan 02, 2014 Tori Thompson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've liked Wyn for a couple of books now, and I was happy to see he got his man and story! This was a good book, the first half had a bit of drama, then not as much happened in the second half though. I can see set ups for more stories, and there were appearances by other characters, which was nice. Ezra and Wyn make a good couple, and the sex was hot.
Jaime
May 16, 2011 Jaime rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
Wyn & Ezra, HOT.

What I did NOT like about this book: In book 3 it took you through Kyle and Gill's wedding. In book 4 with Wyn & Ezra you take a go through the middle of book 3 but with Wyn & Ezra. I think some of the stuff that is HEA for some of the characters should be more or a .5 book, than a next # book.

The rest of Book 4, I ADORED. Love the men, love Cattle Valley.

Arlyn
Jul 20, 2016 Arlyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was pretty good. I liked Ezra and Wyn well enough, but they didn't hold quite the same appeal as some of the other mmain characters. While all of the stories are enjoyable (this is book 4 in series), none have managed to produce the same sexual heat that was sizzling in book one. From what I can tell, the next book has enormous potential for doing just that!
szallj
Jan 13, 2014 szallj rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
pretty sweet, and hot as well.
  • Cowboy Keeper (Blaecleah Brothers #2)
  • Home of His Own (Home, #2)
  • His Convenient Husband (Innamorati, #1)
  • Natural Disaster (Bareback, #2)
  • Falling (Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana, #2)
  • Jessup (Wylde Boys #1)
  • A Troubled Range (Range, #2)
  • A Subtle Breeze (Southern Spirits, #1)
  • Seeing You
  • Found (Hammer, #3)
  • Touch Me Gently

erotic & gay romances
More about Carol Lynne...

Cattle Valley (1 - 10 of 33 books)
  • All Play and No Work (Cattle Valley, #1)
  • Cattle Valley Mistletoe (Cattle Valley, #2)
  • Sweet Topping (Cattle Valley, #3)
  • Physical Therapy (Cattle Valley, #5)
  • Out of the Shadow (Cattle Valley, #6)
  • Bad Boy Cowboy (Cattle Valley, #7)
  • The Sound of White  (Cattle Valley, #8)
  • Gone Surfin' (Cattle Valley, #9)
  • The Last Bouquet (Cattle Valley, #10)
  • Eye of the Beholder (Cattle Valley, #11)

“If my parents hadn’t raised me to respect the elderly, I’d probably be telling you to get your head out of your ass and look at people for who they are and not who they love. I might even be tempted to tell you you’re not worth the cow shit on the bottom of Wyn’s shoes. But I won’t say that, you being elderly and all. Good day.” 1 likes