Start by marking “Ride 'Em Cowboy (Ride 'Em, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ride 'Em Cowboy (Ride 'Em, #1)

Ride 'Em Cowboy (Ride 'Em #1)

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  260 ratings  ·  18 reviews
When Royce Chandler first claps eyes on his father's ranch foreman, Parker Jones, it's lust mixed with dislike at first sight. It seems that Parker has nothing but disdain for the young law graduate. But all that changes when Parker is thrown from his horse and Royce accompanies him to the hospital.

What follows is a realisation of their mutual attraction, and a desire to s
Kindle Edition
Published (first published July 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Ride 'Em Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ride 'Em Cowboy

Serena Yates
This story has a lot of heart, is very sweet and has not one, but two cowboys as main characters. The way they were introduced, with Parker's accident, had me right there. What followed in terms of emotional ups and downs didn't let go of me, and the drama when the idiots, excuse my language, decided to have a truly stupid fight had me yelling at both of them. More so Parker than Royce, but still. Neither of them was very clever about it.

It's always a good sign, I think, when I get so involved i
Ryoma Gartre
Dec 29, 2012 Shannon rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Shannon by: Laura
Wow, that was just....bad. I did finish it which usually puts it at 3 stars but it was so short that I couldn't just quit. I think they were in love by page 4 or somewhere around there. Love at first fuck and all that. I just felt absulutely nothing for these guys. Nada. Chances are I won't remember a thing about them tomorrow morning. Quick read, lots of sex, insta-love and inta-forgiveness. Not good.
Very nice, although pretty straightforward and a little naive story.
I actually love insta-love trope, but here it was maybe a little too 'insta', but whatever - it was cute and hot, with little angst in the middle and a pretty satisfying ending. Oh and Aaron is awesome :)
Now I'm off to read the sequel!
Something about the MCs taking the time to look deep into each others eyes while waiting for an ambulance for a suspected broken back just rubbed me the wrong way. It seemed well written but it didn't grab me.
Trisha Harrington
Loved this. It was just as good the second time reading it. Royce and Parker were two sweet MC's. I would have liked it to be slightly longer, but I still loved it.
A Splendid Series of Conveniences

This review covers all four of the books in this series.

In typical J.O. Bowie fashion, each of the two MCs in all these books hit the romance running from virtually the first page even though the circumstances, as well as the virtually opposite personalities, sizes, and backgrounds of each of the four couples are a bit much to imagine as separate tales.

But Bowie's strength is that he creates a community of these guys in the rural area surrounding, and includin

I don't know what it is with this book, but I just couldn't finish it. Something about the writing or how the story progresses... Just couldn't finish it.
Elisa Rolle
Just today I was saying with a friend that I’d love to read here and there a western romance. A contemporary one. It’s a genre that reminds me of when I was young, and the Long Tall Texans were the dream lovers of many of use. Living in a ranch always seemed like a perfect life, and most of the time they didn’t have any trouble, if not the “natural” one, like falling from a horse and being injured. In Ride ‘Em Cowboy there is also an “old fashioned” feeling, despite being it a full contemporary ...more
OMG!! Is this a very bad fan-fiction???? It's so lame!!! Pass your Way if you don't want to trow up!!!
Brenda (b)
I enjoyed Royce and Parker's story. I didn't want it to end and wasn't ready to say goodbye to these guys. I'm looking forward to the sequel, Ride 'Em Again Cowboy.
Cecilia Rodriguez

I've enjoyed other books by this author but found this one to be disappointing.
It's a short, fast read. Bowie jumps right into the story without much build up.
Great story. Looking forward to reading more from this author.
♡♥Ang ♥♡
Hmm I don't no what to say :-/
Simple, sweet love story.
Venecia marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
Sandy Johnson
Sandy Johnson marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2015
A marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2015
Mother added it
Oct 31, 2015
  • Home of His Own (Home, #2)
  • Through the Montana Mist (Saddle Up and Ride, #3)
  • A Shared Range (Range, #1)
  • When the Bluebird Calls (Heart of the Mountain, #1)
  • Not Available
  • Seeing You
  • To Love a Cowboy
  • Extreme Bull
  • I'll Be Home For Christmas
J.P. Bowie was born and raised in Aberdeen, Scotland. He wrote his first (unpublished) novel – a science fiction tale of brawny men and brawnier women that made him a little suspect in the eyes of his family for a while.

Leaving home at age eighteen for the bright lights of London, he found himself in the midst of a “diverse and creative crowd” that eventually led him to the performing arts. For th
More about J.P. Bowie...

Ride 'Em (4 books)
  • Ride 'Em Again Cowboy (Ride 'Em, #2)
  • Ride 'Em Hard Cowboy (Ride 'Em, #3)
  • Journey to Hope (Ride 'Em, #4)