Start by marking “Tooth and Nailed” as Want to Read:
Tooth and Nailed

Tooth and Nailed

So what if there's a psychotic nut after her? Rowan Evans doesn't like the idea of being whisked away by her father's security chief for safekeeping. Jack Donnelly rubs her the wrong way, gets on her nerves, and the last thing she wants to do is spend two weeks under his protective custody — even if he is tall, blond and delicious.Jack has spent a lifetime — and then some ...more
Published (first published September 20th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Tooth and Nailed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tooth and Nailed

Dina
I like Ms. Murray's funny writing, but it didn't work for me in this book. As I've mentioned before, I have a hard time with "funny" PNR books. I don't know why because I don't have the same problem with other genres (CR, HR, UF, etc.), but that's how I'm wired.

The plot of this book is simple: Jack Donnelly is the security chief of Simon Ewans, one of the richest, most socially active and politically vocal men on the planet. Simon's daughter Rowan is a kindergarten teacher who, having grown up s
Daisiemae
Mar 14, 2008 Daisiemae rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal and any Romance Readers
Recommended to Daisiemae by: I like the author
Ya'll know that I love a good vampire story. There is nothing like a sexy, dangerous vampire hero to make excited to read about, and this book definately delivers in every way!

Rowan Evans has a normal life. A teacher who spends most of her time grading papers and chasing kids, her life is pretty dull and uneventful at times. Liking her ordinary hum-drum life, she has avoided her father's security chief and friend Jack Donnelly for years. Between the Harley he drives and the bad-ass reputation,
Julie (jjmachshev)
Hannah Murray is rapidly becoming one of my favorite erotica authors. Her stories contain a good bit of humor mixed in with sizzling sex and "Tooth and Nailed" is no exception.

Rowan is so mad! Just because there's a psycho nutjob after her to try and get to her father, he's saddled her with his Chief of Security Jack! The one man who just seems to rub her the wrong way. At least that's what she always thought, until she actually experienced his 'rub'. Now she's more confused than ever!

Jack has h
Kathrynn
3 1/2 stars for this erotic, funny (at times), minor suspense, vampire romance that started out and ended in Los Angeles, California, but the majority of the book took place in Slade, Ireland. The writing was good and I enjoyed the author's humor, but there was a point in the ending where the humor was inappropriate. When writing a gruesome scene and trying to put suspense in a plot, unrealistic crackpot comments while being tortured ruin the moment.

Rowan Evans was a Kindergarten teacher and th
Marion
May 29, 2008 Marion rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one spicy paranormal tale. Jack and Rowan are very likeable. Both are very stuborn. Jack has always been attracted to Rowan but she always avoided him. After Jack kidnaps her the sparks start to fly. I loved Rowan. She was witty and very outspoken. The sex between those two was hot. Jack is one sexy vampire who can bite me anytime.
Cindy
Jan 16, 2009 Cindy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read - the dialog reminded me of a modern version of the the Tracy and Hepburn movies - you've got to love a heroine who refers to the hero as 'Chitty Chitty Fang Fang'... The action definitely takes a backseat to the sex/relationship...
Ana
my first cheesy novel HAHAHA!
I feel dirty all over
K
Dec 03, 2014 K rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal Erotica, Erotica, Paranormal Romance Readers
I'm not going to give my take on the synopsis because plenty of others have already done that. I will however say "Tooth and Nailed" has become one of my favorite books. I love the author's sense of humor, it made for an interesting, entertaining and highly erotic read. Plus the chemistry between the two characters...
description.

There are a few scenes that come across a little corny but nothing that makes you want to quit reading. And honestly I think the chemistry between Rowan & Jack more than make
Netanella
Dec 14, 2009 Netanella rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires
I had a bland waiter ask me once, after I had finished his restaurant's equally bland food, "Did you like the food? It was okay, right?" I didn't burst his bubble, but confirmed for him that his food was okay. Just like his service.

Tooth and Nailed gets high marks for a great cover and a catchy title, but that's about it. The romance between Rowan and Jack just doesn't feel right to me - it's more about sex than anything else, and Rowan's character is just annoying as hell. I hate it when that
Ladiibbug
Dec 25, 2008 Ladiibbug rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Erotica Fans
Vampire Erotica

Good suspense story. Rowan's wealthy and politically influential father is a target of a bizarre religious cult, the Army of God. When Rowan also becomes a target, the father's security chief, Irishman Jack Donnelly, must protect the independent kindergarden teacher.

Oh, and Jack's a vampire ;-), unbeknownst to Rowan.

I liked the book and characters alot and give it four stars. More suspense plot and less sex would have made it even better.

Rayne
This was really good,better than I thought it would be.I sort of stumbled upon this by chance when I was looking for another book by this author but I knew after the first 10 pages that this was my kinda book and I highly recommend it to anyone who likes a good laugh as well as scorching hot inventive love scenes and lots of witty banter between a very likeable H&H.
Elisa
At this time, the content of this book has nothing to do with the description. This is only one story about a vampire, not different stories.

That being said, I enjoyed it a lot. It was a bit different from the usual which is always a plus. I recommend this one.
Sadie
Nov 02, 2010 Sadie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't usually like vampire erotica, but this was alright. The heroine had way too many snappy comebacks for my taste. That chick had an answer for every remark – it was almost distracting.
Mary
Oct 30, 2014 Mary rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Despite the terrible title this was actually a pretty good book. Characters were developed and although the story line was predictable it had a few twists that were unexpected.
Blackbook
Jun 05, 2008 Blackbook rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
Maybe 3.5 stars. I'm cleaning up my TBR pile and trying to move through half finished books.
Racheal
Nov 08, 2013 Racheal rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I hate characters that are whiny. This book to me was tacky and poorly written. Just my opinion
Alyson
Alyson rated it really liked it
May 04, 2012
Angela
Angela rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2012
Kathy
Kathy rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2013
Irene
Irene rated it did not like it
Feb 11, 2011
Lin
Lin rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2011
Diane
Diane rated it it was ok
Dec 31, 2012
Gee
Gee rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2010
Liz
Liz rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2012
Cass
Cass rated it it was ok
Dec 06, 2011
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2013
angelmoon
angelmoon rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2012
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it did not like it
Jun 03, 2010
Kay
Kay rated it did not like it
Aug 12, 2011