Start by marking “Eden” as Want to Read:
Eden

Eden (Edén #1)

A quiet, whimsical world from an Argentinian newcomer
Argentinean artist Pablo Holmberg creates a bucolic, medieval folktale in Eden, where nature is the protagonist and characters are the scenery. Follow a king as he converses with the moon, a star as it is born, and many more in four-panel strips that combine the playfulness of a Sunday comic with the simplicity of a haik
Published August 31st 2010 by Drawn and Quarterly (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Eden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eden

Denisse
Mar 17, 2014 Denisse rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
La verdad es que la “sensibilidad” de cómics como este me repugna un poco. Es más cursilería que poesía. Me molestó bastante esa visión que tiene el autor de las mujeres; una visión en la que estamos en la tierra con la única misión de hacer más llevadera la vida de los hombres. Quizás se condiga con la estética decimonónica que tiene Edén. En general, los dibujos no humanos me parecieron adorables. Y fin.
Mza
Oct 12, 2010 Mza rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ladies & gentlemen
Recommended to Mza by: Nobody
Shelves: 2010
... crosses the sentimentality line a lot of times without losing a limb.

... similar approach to Clowes' Wilson in building a mosaic out of one-page jokes, except the result here is a landscape, not a portrait, and everything in the landscape can talk to every other thing in the landscape.
MariNaomi
Apr 19, 2014 MariNaomi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic
This book felt simple and sweet as I read it, but something deeper (and darker) than charm stuck with me after I finished it. I can't stop thinking about it.
Annie
There are too few books in this big wide world that one can just read and put down afterward with a smile with a feeling like no matter what else may give you heartache, be personal or world-weary; because art, literature like this CAN and continues to exist; everything is and will be okay. As long as Art can still lift its voice above all and be Heard, repeating; as long as I am here; all be okay.
Feather Mista
Jun 12, 2013 Feather Mista rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tenía leídas la inmensa mayoría de tiras de este libro (y me gustaron bastante en su mayoría), pero lo pospuse hasta comprármelo para leerlo todito en papel. El promedio final me pareció muy bueno, pero las tiras que no me habían gustado en su momento ahora me gustaron menos todavía.
Vi que ya salió el tomo 2, que pinta bastante lindo. Pero de momento niempedo me lo compro: me niego a pagar más de 1$ la página.
Kara
May 14, 2016 Kara rated it it was amazing
I picked this up on a whim because I liked the ghost lady on the front, and I'm so glad I did. Pablo has created a series of four panel comics full of whimsy and magic. His charming drawings and characters exist in a medieval-esque world of Eden, and yet many of the panels explore basic questions of humanity that make them relatable. A few even made me tear up, but most made me smile.
Leif Erik
Nov 29, 2014 Leif Erik rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Not actually a novel, but a comic kind of along the lines of "The Clouds Above" & "The Last Lonely Saturday Night". Maybe even "Billy Hazelnuts".... Clearly I'm getting soft in my old age but there is something touching about the unabashed sentiment of how people are better served by caring about each other.

Guess I'm out of my Cormic McCarthy phase...
Robert
Charming, magical, sometimes philosophical comic strips that occasionally teeter a bit close to the edge of cloying sentimentality but never quite going over. Really like the artist's drawings and color work. Overall, quite a lovely little book, recommended for dreamy types of all ages.
Michelle
Jan 31, 2011 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One reviewer writes that the comics "feel like they were written by a friend who loves you deeply" and I wholeheartedly agree. The images aren't saccharine but full of imagination and generosity. There is a spirit that lives in these comics. I highly recommend them!
Dony Grayman
Recopilatorio de las tiras de Edén de Kioskerman. Incluye también una tira de Miguel B. Núñez (página 111).
Carlos Rioja
Jun 26, 2012 Carlos Rioja rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un tebeo-cuento encantador, mágico y cotidiano. Para leerlo muchas veces y perderse por sus paisajes y personajes sencillos.
Alex
Jul 25, 2012 Alex rated it really liked it
Shelves: visual
The sweetest, gentlest, loveliest, kindest collection of comic strips I have ever read. Poetic in imagery and sentiment as the Little Prince or the book of bedtime stories you loved most as a kid.
Patrice
Dec 05, 2011 Patrice rated it really liked it
Shelves: comedy, graphic-novel
I found this to be alternately touching, funny and philosophical. It's very simple on the surface, but it really makes you think.
Joseph Girard
Joseph Girard rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2017
Helen
Helen rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2013
Idyll
Idyll rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2015
Krysthopher Woods
Krysthopher Woods rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2012
Jess
Jess rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2013
Jonathan
Jonathan rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2014
Troll Bobic
Troll Bobic rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2015
Kim Scarborough
Kim Scarborough rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2012
Ísis
Ísis rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2012
Wanderer
Wanderer rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2012
Chimista
Chimista rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2014
Maré Odomo
Maré Odomo rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2015
Coni
Coni rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2011
Van Jensen
Dec 09, 2010 Van Jensen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant, brilliant book.
Joe Kuth
Joe Kuth rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Claire
Claire rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2012
Helena
Helena rated it it was amazing
Feb 29, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Edén (2 books)
  • Puertas del Edén (Edén, #2)