Start by marking “The Boys' Book: How To Be The Best At Everything” as Want to Read:
The Boys' Book: How To Be The Best At Everything

The Boys' Book: How To Be The Best At Everything

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  216 ratings  ·  22 reviews
A title that shows you how to slam dunk a basketball, how to build a basic raft, how to write in secret code, how to find water in the desert, how to do an Ollie on your skateboard, how to work out which way is north without a compass, how to fly a helicopter, how to tie essential knots, how to take a penalty kick and how to build a campfire.
Published 2006 by Buster Books

To ask other readers questions about The Boys' Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Boys' Book

Alex Church
I thought that this book was just great. I learned several tricks that I'll probably have to try in the near future. The book contains many tricks but my favorites would have to be "how to fool you friends with toothpicks" and "how to be the first off the starting block". In "how to fool your friends with tooth picks", you must start with four squared off toothpicks made into a plus sign shape with two of the toothpicks offset from the center. Then you tell someone that they must make a square b ...more
Jesus
The Boy's Book: How To Be ThE bEST At Everthing

by: dominique enright and guy mc donald

This book is about how to be a perfect boy. It has many sections of how to do a lot of stuff such as: a card trick, to swim freestyle, how to do mouth to mouth resuscitation. But it also has some silly stuff like how to survive in space, how to mummify an ancient Egyptian and how to fight off a crocodile. These are just some examples but there are many more examples as there are 90 chapters in the book.

This is
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Me for TeensReadToo.com

Although not as comprehensive and complete as Bart King's amazing THE BIG BOOK OF BOY STUFF, this book is a good start for younger boys (and girls!) looking to impress their friends with how awesome they can be.

If you've ever wondered how to fly a helicopter, or needed to know how to avoid being eaten by a bear, or planned to show your superhuman strength by ripping a phone book in half, then THE BOYS' BOOK is for you.

This short guide (less than 120 pages) is
Jesus
The main character is Peter and his little brother Fudge. The setting is in the city and at the house they are staying at. One of the conflicts is when Peter wants Jimmy to stay at his house, but Sheila is there. He does not tell Jimmy because he thinks that Jimmy will not come because of her. Then when he comes she is there and he still stays there. Another conflict is when they are on the boat then a storm comes and Peter’s dad does not know how to drive a boat good so his grandma drives it an ...more
Heather Leipart
I read this with my son who is just starting to read more challenging things. All I can say is- FINALLY! What an awesome book! This captivated him, and let me tell you that is a hard thing to do in book form! We both enjoyed this so much and are spurred to try out some of the activities mentioned. He particularly like "how to read a compasss" and "how to avoid being eaten by a bear". I think I prefered the "how to get an egg into a bottle" trick. You get the point, though, lots of neat things bo ...more
Debbie
Mar 26, 2008 Debbie rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: how-to fans
A quick and easy read for kids looking to impress their friends and survive a few sticky situations.

Learn how to fly a helicopter, tie a knot, start a fire, and make an awesome paper airplane (and much more).

Some of the tips and tricks will be very useful in everyday life, like treating bee stings and taking a great photo. Others, like getting out of quicksand or fighting a crocodile will never be needed by most readers!

Debbie
Mar 26, 2008 Debbie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: how-to fans

Murray
This book will show you how to whistle with grass to table and eating manners. This book is one of my favorite books I have ever read. I can now do a number of new things. That I would never of thought of. If you want to play soccer read this book, if you want to learn how to whistle then read this book it seems to have everything. It is not discombobulating at all. (The book even has the definition for discombobulating.
Samantha Penrose
Impressive. You'll learn a variety of skills both practical, and exotic.
Learn to Ollie, tie knots, play a blade of grass, rip a phone book in half, get rid of hiccups, race stick boats, write poems, have good table manners, escape quicksand, read a compass, juggle, milk a cow, send semaphore messages, pop a wheelie, take great photos, and SO MUCH MORE!
Ezra.Z
Learn how to do things from flying a helicopter to making a boomerang in this crazy book. Keep in mind this book is quite sexiest in my opinion.
I found that some of the things in this book children don't need to know or are outdated. I got this book from my grandfather and enjoyed it for a few months then I started to notice that some of the things where not very important.
Melissa
I like the topics in this book but in my opinion there are a few missing, such as How to Refrain from Climbing Up There Because Mother Is Afraid of Heights Even if You Aren't. Or how about How To Sit Quietly & Not Hit Me With That. How to Not Wake Up Hooting at the Top of Your Lungs on Mornings That I Can Sleep In.
Kieran Mangan
This book is about everything you need to know about being a boy. This book ranges from how to not get in trouble and how to get in trouble. i think that event though this book insnt the hardest to read it is something every body should read.
Dan Ragsdale
Too funny but then again, as I have always said, Soy lo mejor!(p. 118) Also, I didn't really need any coahcing on "annoying my siblings" (p. 49) I already have long been a Highly qualified expert (HQE) in that area.
Jake
Okay book, had some useful information for mainly young adults to have fun with in their free time. The book is more of a look up book when needed rather than be read all the way through. Would recommend to any young adult.
Tommy
My new favorite book!! It tells how to do everything. If you don't know, just bring this book with and then you can figure it out.
Sep 21, 2010 Jennifer rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jennifer by: nephews
i guess i already knew most of this stuff, but it was fun. made me wanna hang out with/teach some kids.
Theresa
my son reads this religiously finding something new each time
Samamindahouse
Feb 21, 2008 Samamindahouse rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: any boy or tomboy (lucy like the book and want the dangerous one aswell)
Shelves: awsum-books
like i know how to survive a volcanic eruption now woo
Parkerc
tons of cool tricks to play on others.
Jakob Hughes
I think it is a great book
Alex
Wow it wrks lol
Joe
Nov 30, 2007 Joe rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: marshell
it is awsome
April Collins
April Collins marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Mohamed
Mohamed marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
  • How To Be The Best At Everything (The Girls' Book)
  • Steven Moffat's Doctor Who 2010: The Critical Fan's Guide to Matt Smith's First Series (Unauthorized)
  • The Mammoth Book of New Comic Fantasy
  • Far Horizons: All New Tales from the Greatest Worlds of Science Fiction
  • Spider-Man: The Ultimate Guide
  • MAD's Greatest Artists: The Completely MAD Don Martin
  • The Unseen University Cut-Out Book
The Wicked Wit of Jane Austen The Wicked Wit of Women Winston Churchill: The Greatest Briton The Wicked Wit of Winston Churchill In Other Words: The Meanings and Memoirs of Euphemisms