Start by marking “The Boys Book” as Want to Read:
The Boys Book

The Boys Book

A title that shows you how to slam dunk a basketball, how to build a basic raft, how to write in secret code, how to find water in the desert, how to do an Ollie on your skateboard, how to work out which way is north without a compass, how to fly a helicopter, how to tie essential knots, how to take a penalty kick and how to build a campfire.
Published 2006 by Buster Books

To ask other readers questions about The Boys Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Boys Book

Alex Church
Jan 01, 2014 Alex Church rated it really liked it
I thought that this book was just great. I learned several tricks that I'll probably have to try in the near future. The book contains many tricks but my favorites would have to be "how to fool you friends with toothpicks" and "how to be the first off the starting block". In "how to fool your friends with tooth picks", you must start with four squared off toothpicks made into a plus sign shape with two of the toothpicks offset from the center. Then you tell someone that they must make a square b ...more
Jesus
May 08, 2012 Jesus rated it liked it
The Boy's Book: How To Be ThE bEST At Everthing

by: dominique enright and guy mc donald

This book is about how to be a perfect boy. It has many sections of how to do a lot of stuff such as: a card trick, to swim freestyle, how to do mouth to mouth resuscitation. But it also has some silly stuff like how to survive in space, how to mummify an ancient Egyptian and how to fight off a crocodile. These are just some examples but there are many more examples as there are 90 chapters in the book.

This is
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Me for TeensReadToo.com

Although not as comprehensive and complete as Bart King's amazing THE BIG BOOK OF BOY STUFF, this book is a good start for younger boys (and girls!) looking to impress their friends with how awesome they can be.

If you've ever wondered how to fly a helicopter, or needed to know how to avoid being eaten by a bear, or planned to show your superhuman strength by ripping a phone book in half, then THE BOYS' BOOK is for you.

This short guide (less than 120 pages) is
Jesus
May 17, 2012 Jesus rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The main character is Peter and his little brother Fudge. The setting is in the city and at the house they are staying at. One of the conflicts is when Peter wants Jimmy to stay at his house, but Sheila is there. He does not tell Jimmy because he thinks that Jimmy will not come because of her. Then when he comes she is there and he still stays there. Another conflict is when they are on the boat then a storm comes and Peter’s dad does not know how to drive a boat good so his grandma drives it an ...more
Dianne
Jun 17, 2015 Dianne rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-written
Just from skimming the table of contents, one can tell that The Boys' Book: How to be the Best at Everything is also appropriate for girls. In fact, with society changing how we should view gender roles, this book is great for any child. The book quickly goes through how to fly a helicopter, survive in space, fight off a crocodile, write a poem, first aid training, building a fire, how to tie knot, and how to decode flag symbols for example. It's like a scout review booklet. On the other hand, t ...more
Heather Leipart
Apr 08, 2013 Heather Leipart rated it it was amazing
I read this with my son who is just starting to read more challenging things. All I can say is- FINALLY! What an awesome book! This captivated him, and let me tell you that is a hard thing to do in book form! We both enjoyed this so much and are spurred to try out some of the activities mentioned. He particularly like "how to read a compasss" and "how to avoid being eaten by a bear". I think I prefered the "how to get an egg into a bottle" trick. You get the point, though, lots of neat things bo ...more
Debbie
Mar 26, 2008 Debbie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: how-to fans
A quick and easy read for kids looking to impress their friends and survive a few sticky situations.

Learn how to fly a helicopter, tie a knot, start a fire, and make an awesome paper airplane (and much more).

Some of the tips and tricks will be very useful in everyday life, like treating bee stings and taking a great photo. Others, like getting out of quicksand or fighting a crocodile will never be needed by most readers!

Matthew
May 17, 2016 Matthew rated it liked it
Weird title to this book, sounds like it should have been published in the 1950's but let's set that minor piece of sexism aside. This is a fun book, one that I would have enjoyed reading as a young boy and I'm sure Felix will enjoy when he's a little older. We did a few of the practical ideas from the book even now and it was good fun and he enjoyed them. A nice little read for a young boy...or girl!
Debbie
Mar 26, 2008 Debbie rated it liked it
Recommends it for: how-to fans

Murray
Sep 18, 2008 Murray rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-top-50
This book will show you how to whistle with grass to table and eating manners. This book is one of my favorite books I have ever read. I can now do a number of new things. That I would never of thought of. If you want to play soccer read this book, if you want to learn how to whistle then read this book it seems to have everything. It is not discombobulating at all. (The book even has the definition for discombobulating.
Ezra.Z
Sep 08, 2013 Ezra.Z rated it it was ok
Learn how to do things from flying a helicopter to making a boomerang in this crazy book. Keep in mind this book is quite sexiest in my opinion.
I found that some of the things in this book children don't need to know or are outdated. I got this book from my grandfather and enjoyed it for a few months then I started to notice that some of the things where not very important.
Melissa
Sep 02, 2010 Melissa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-for-gray
I like the topics in this book but in my opinion there are a few missing, such as How to Refrain from Climbing Up There Because Mother Is Afraid of Heights Even if You Aren't. Or how about How To Sit Quietly & Not Hit Me With That. How to Not Wake Up Hooting at the Top of Your Lungs on Mornings That I Can Sleep In.
Samantha Penrose
Dec 23, 2013 Samantha Penrose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: older-kids
Impressive. You'll learn a variety of skills both practical, and exotic.
Learn to Ollie, tie knots, play a blade of grass, rip a phone book in half, get rid of hiccups, race stick boats, write poems, have good table manners, escape quicksand, read a compass, juggle, milk a cow, send semaphore messages, pop a wheelie, take great photos, and SO MUCH MORE!
Kieran Mangan
Oct 08, 2009 Kieran Mangan rated it liked it
This book is about everything you need to know about being a boy. This book ranges from how to not get in trouble and how to get in trouble. i think that event though this book insnt the hardest to read it is something every body should read.
Jake
Mar 27, 2012 Jake rated it liked it
Okay book, had some useful information for mainly young adults to have fun with in their free time. The book is more of a look up book when needed rather than be read all the way through. Would recommend to any young adult.
Dan Ragsdale
Too funny but then again, as I have always said, Soy lo mejor!(p. 118) Also, I didn't really need any coahcing on "annoying my siblings" (p. 49) I already have long been a Highly qualified expert (HQE) in that area.
Sep 21, 2010 Jennifer rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jennifer by: nephews
i guess i already knew most of this stuff, but it was fun. made me wanna hang out with/teach some kids.
Tommy
Apr 08, 2013 Tommy rated it it was amazing
My new favorite book!! It tells how to do everything. If you don't know, just bring this book with and then you can figure it out.
Aleksja
Aleksja rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2016
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2016
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2010
Katherine
Katherine rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2016
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2015
Leoho
Leoho rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2016
Nssilvee
Nssilvee rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2015
Charles W. Stump II
Charles W. Stump II rated it did not like it
Jul 05, 2015
Tony Barnett
Tony Barnett rated it did not like it
Sep 24, 2014
Michele
Michele rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2016
J.C. Cassels
J.C. Cassels rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2011
Brock Fenbert
Brock Fenbert rated it did not like it
Mar 05, 2012
  • The Boys' Book of Survival: How to Survive Anything, Anywhere
  • The Girls' Book: How To Be The Best At Everything
  • Footrot Flats 1 (Footrot Flats, #1)
  • Here Comes Garfield
  • Steven Moffat's Doctor Who 2010: The Critical Fan's Guide to Matt Smith's First Series (Unauthorized)
  • The Complete Peanuts, 1963-1966