Start by marking “Troublemaker 2 (A Barnaby and Hooker Graphic Novel #2)” as Want to Read:
Troublemaker 2 (A Barnaby and Hooker Graphic Novel #2)

Troublemaker 2 (Alex Barnaby #4)

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  977 ratings  ·  70 reviews
NASCAR spotter Alex, her boyfriend driver Hooker, cigar-rollers Rosa, Felicia, their boss Percy, Beans the St. Bernard, miss Hooker's boat, taken by black magic voodoo priest Nitro. He wants wooden statue of Baron Samedi in skull under top hat and tails. Ransom notes, snakes, live chicken in car -- only safe place for Baron is with Candace, Hooker's mom.
Hardcover, First Edition plus 3 pg bio, series covers, 109 pages
Published November 2010 by Dark Horse Comics

To ask other readers questions about Troublemaker 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Troublemaker 2

Manoja K.
Again the conclusion to this story wasn't spectacular. It ended, but I guess I didn't have any questions that left me wondering mostly because I was uninterested in the story. Even though there seemed to be action leading up to the conclusion it just didn't excite me the way it would have if it was a novel. I like the idea of the graphic novel - I like the drawings and the fast pace of it - but I feel like as far as development of the mystery and the characters it didn't work well in a graphic n ...more
Christine
A bit of entertaining fluff for a quiet evening after a busy day. The story is light and the graphics good. Barnaby and Hooker have to find a wooden body to go with the wooden hand they found in the last Troublemaker graphic novel. Lots of silliness and a little voodoo add up to a mindless read.
Matthew
Thank God I found this copy at my library because when researching my library online catalogue, this book apparently does not exist! This is book 2 continuation of Troublemaker and I enjoyed the second part way more for its action pack adventure and incorporate all the important characters into the story.

Before reading this graphic novel series, I didn't realize that this was already a spinoff series for Janet Evanovich and I didn't suffer any misunderstanding or past references when reading thi
Cornerofmadness
Jessie
Whoops. I didn't realize until I read the bit at the end about the author that these two graphic novels are actually a continuation in a series of regular novels. I suppose I may make time to go back and read the first two works in the series. If they're anything like the graphic novels, they'll be funny and good for light, relaxing reads. Reading the graphic novels without reading the first novels in the series didn't cause an issue of understanding. Even though they're part of a bigger picture ...more
David

When I read Volume One, I wasn't as impressed as I would be, by Volume Two... the characters were catchy, and the art was good- but I didn't have a sense of where it was all GOING yet.

Volume Two- now that carries us deep into the mystery and resolves it- all in one volume only as thick as the first one was... but with a HECK of a lot more excitement!

I really enjoyed this story- not only for the reasons already mentioned, but because it touches on New Orleans style Voodoo, and does it RIGHT. This
Aaron
NASCAR racer Sam Hooker and his mechanic, the cute and sassy Alex Barnaby, continue their most current mystery, which is the first to be set in a graphic format. For those who didn't read the first volume, the Happy Hooker, Sam's hard earned boat has disappeared and the ransom note left behind makes it clear that the people are not fooling around. The note was actually left by a local mobster looking to get control of Baron Samedi, a life-sized wooden voodoo idol that connects this world to the ...more
Kevin Magpoc
Most of what I said in my review of Troublemaker #1 continues to apply here, especially my bafflement over why Alex spends any time outside of work with Sam since she, as far as both graphic novels show us, obviously has no 0% interest in him either as a lover or even as a friend (and let's just say this makes the final panel especially wince-worthy). Unless she's just using him for transportation purposes, or something?
I'm still not sure what to make of it, as one story in a pair of books. The
Gwnhwyfer
I had tried One for the Money ages ago, but barely got through a dozen pages before I gave it up.

Fast forward, and I picked volume 1 and 2 of Troublemaker up on a whim at the library. I find graphic novel versions/stories by "regular" authors are a good way (for me) to get a feel for their books (though not always, especially when the art is crap - I refuse to read Christine Feehan for that reason). So I decided to give Evanovich a second chance.

Instead, I found a fun, colourful romp, with a li
Ana
The artwork, by Joelle Jones, is brilliant but the second part of this story was truncated to the point of being a little lackluster. Its sad really because Hooker and Barney are my favorite characters in the Evanovich canon. Maybe there will be a new novel in the future. But I'll keep an eye out for Joelle's next project for sure.
Kassie
This was the second graphic novel/comic and fourth book in the series. It was short, easy to read. I enjoyed the illustrations.
Jacob
Public library copy.
My wife is a big fan of nearly everything Janet Evanovich has written even the first prose book on which these comic book feature new adventures of the same characters. I know she didn't like the Troublemaker comic books either. The art was fine and made no impression as whether or not I liked the story, but the premise and mystery weren't at all interesting. As a matter of personal preference any stories that involve Voodoo (or settings that exist in New Orleans, with the ex
Steve
The library where my wife works had this, and since I'd read the first half, I figured I'd go ahead and read the second. I wish I hadn't. It tries to be a lighthearted romp, but it's the cheesiest attempts to be funny. It also means there's never an air of real danger, because none of the characters take any of it seriously so how can we? I love Joelle Jones, but her art here seems really rushed. And there's really no reason why these two books couldn't have been one, other than greed on the par ...more
Amy (amyb2332)
I still don't understand why this needed to be two separate graphic novels. Both are so short! Anyway, it had been forever since I read part 1, so I didn't remember a lot of what was going on. The story ended and overall was pretty meh. I think the idea is really cool but to be successful I'd combine the two and maybe even still make them longer.

I will say though that the drawings were amazing! I was very impressed by them!
Temperance
I read book one and book two in less than one afternoon. I enjoyed the first novel, Metro Girl. I thought the second novel, Motor Mouth, was not as good as the first. I'm not a graphic novel fan. The illustrations are good, IMHO, but the story is very weak. I bought these books when they first came out and just got around to reading them. I wish I could get my money back. Disappointed in Evanovich, she has done better.
bookme4life
The second part of the story, this further reinforces my feelings about the first part of the story -- nothing to write home about. I've seen worse forays by major authors into the graphic novel world. This one doesn't fall into many of the common pitfalls (examples include terrible artwork or too much reliance on text and not enough on images), so that gives the full third star on an otherwise two star story.
Cindy
I wish these graphic novels had art that was less like an Archie comic crossed with manga big eyed characters . . . it's so annoying I can hardly enjoy the story! And the story is funny - worth better art (my apologies to Joelle Jones, who is probably giving the editors exactly what they want - there is no lack of skill, it is the style I don't care for!)
Amanda
I didn't like this one as much as the first. I found myself a bit bored, and this is where all the action should have taken place. Also, it seemed the flirtatious nature of Barney and Hooker's relationship took a nosedive, and that was such fun to read! All in all I was not that impressed with how things worked out, seemed to neat and tidy for me.
Jodi
I am just not a fan of graphic novels at all. I absolutely loved the Motor Mouth and Metro Girl books so I've made myself read both the Troublemaker graphic novels. I don't think I'll bother with trying another one. I just can't get into them and don't find them enjoyable to read at all.
Val
Have to say I was very disappointed in these graphic novels. The art was barely tolerable and not enough detail to the story. Would have probably been better as an actual novel. She should stick to watch she know and stay off the every one else is doing it popular band wagon.
melissa
I am not sure what I can say that is new. Because this is the second half, and I already reviewed the first half. I did like the way it wrapped up. It was a cute story. I will say I prefer the Barnaby novels to these. But it was a fun experiment, and a nice change.
Heather Richard
Cute, and a fast read. I'm an Evanovich fan but a graphic novel newbie, so I don't love the format because I am accustomed to her writing style. That and it's really hard not to miss the Plum cast of characters...but still, a fun hour of my reading life.
Charlotte
I read this to complete a bingo selection for the Deschutes Public Library's annual Adult Summer Reading Program. . . and ended up liking it better than I anticipated. This is only the 2nd graphic novel I've read. The other one for the previous year's ASRP.
Briana
Mar 22, 2011 Briana rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Evanovich fans.
This one may have put the final nail in the coffin!

Ms. Evanovich, you have to do better than this if you want me to be a fan of yours. Sincerely, Me.

I waste of ink, trees, time...I could go on. Sheesh.
Melissa
Graphic novels aren't my thing, but I enjoyed Troublemaker Books 1 & 2. I liked having a fast read. I would recommend the books to someone who has never read Evanovich to get an idea of her writing style and humor.
Nic
A great conclusion to the two-book set. Really fun, very true to Evanovich's writing style. My No Flying No Tights review of Book 1 and 2 is up here.
Tricia
This one was pretty dumb. I enjoyed the first one well enough, but this one introduced a lot more characters that I did not find interesting. If there are more of these I probably won't read them.
Holly Letson
I haven't read Janet Evanovich's novels that these GN's are based upon, but I figure that they must be pretty good.

I love these graphic novels. They start out kinda slow, but quickly reel you in.
Jody
Together with book 1, these may be the only Evanovich books I haven't enjoyed. They are so slim one wonders why they had to split the story into 2 books, not that there is much story.
  • The Plot Thickens (Fearless Jones, #0.5)
  • Batman: The Greatest Stories Ever Told
  • Charlaine Harris' Grave Sight Part 2 (Grave Sight Graphic Novel, #2)
  • Library Mascot Cage Match (Unshelved, #3)
  • What Happens in Vegas
  • White: The Great Pursuit (The Circle: The Graphic Novel, #3)
  • A Match Made in Heaven (My Boyfriend Is a Monster, #8)
  • Macbeth: The Graphic Novel (Original Text)
  • Odd Is on Our Side (Odd thomas Graphic Novel, #2)
  • Bump in the Night
  • The Sign of the Four (Illustrated Classics): A Sherlock Holmes Graphic Novel
  • Writ in Stone (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #2)
  • ジョーカーの国のアリスーサーカスと嘘つきゲームー 4
  • Marriage at Circle M
  • The Awdrey-Gore Legacy
  • My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Volume 1
  • Neko Ramen: Hey! Order Up!
  • Re-Gifters
More about Janet Evanovich...
One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1) Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum, #2) Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3) Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, #4) Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6)