Start by marking “Maigret und die widerspenstigen Zeugen” as Want to Read:
Maigret und die widerspenstigen Zeugen

Maigret und die widerspenstigen Zeugen (Maigret #53)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  167 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Eine Keksfabrik, die Kekse herstellt, die nach Pappe schmecken. Eine Familie, die so alt und heruntergekommen ist, dass es nichts mehr zu stehlen oder gar zu erben gibt. Kommissar Maigret, der den Fall nach seiner bewährten Art untersucht, indem er einfach nur da ist und wartet. Und ein arroganter junger Untersuchungsrichter mit brandneuen Methoden, mit denen er viel schne ...more
Published 2009 by Diogenes (first published 1958)

To ask other readers questions about Maigret und die widerspenstigen Zeugen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maigret und die widerspenstigen Zeugen

Mary
A family member is shot to death in an old house; several family members were there at the time, but no one heard a thing. With no one in the household willing to help him, Maigret must draw out the truth on his own.
Lynn Michell

You can see from my book list that I've read a lot of Maigret. It's my way of learning French but after reading 31 of Simenon's mysteries starring the grumpy but lovable Maigret, I expect my vocabulary is as limited as Simenon's. These aren't Who Dun Its but Why Dun Its. Usually there is very little action, a lot of interviewing of suspects and witnesses, some back story, a description of the Seine and the weather, and some listening in to Maigret's thoughts as he puffs on his pipe.

This one is
Liliana
Simenon certainly brought to life the dreariness of the crime scene. I ended up with a feeling of dread myself. I empathised with both Miagret andthe magistrate who both needed their place and their methods, that is in fact what brought them in conflict.
If I were to have to confess to a crime, I would prefer to do such a confession to Maigret rather than to the magistrate, he would be the most understanding.
John
I felt that this was a poor effort by Simenon's high standards. Usual good characterisations and Paris atmospherics but a very feeble plot. Also the book is very short, more like a novella. Disappointed.
Lesley
excellant book.
Julita
Julita marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Val
Val added it
Apr 30, 2015
Borja Eugui
Borja Eugui marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Tommy Verhaegen
Tommy Verhaegen marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Ykaruzz
Ykaruzz marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Lili
Lili marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Guin
Guin marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Pietro Russo
Pietro Russo marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Fenia
Fenia marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Una lama di luce
  • La rosa di Alessandria
  • Ληξιπρόθεσμα δάνεια (Η Τριλογία της Κρίσεως, #1 )
  • More Beer
  • Rumble Tumble (Hap and Leonard, #5)
  • Mater terribilis
  • Thieves Like Us
  • I Was Dora Suarez
  • Testimone inconsapevole
  • Equal Danger
  • Mia suocera beve
Simenon was one of the most prolific writers of the twentieth century, capable of writing 60 to 80 pages per day. His oeuvre includes nearly 200 novels, over 150 novellas, several autobiographical works, numerous articles, and scores of pulp novels written under more than two dozen pseudonyms. Altogether, about 550 million copies of his works have been printed.

He is best known, however, for his 75
More about Georges Simenon...

Maigret (1 - 10 of 74 books)
  • Pietr the Latvian (Maigret, #1)
  • The Carter of 'La Providence' (Maigret, #2)
  • The Late Monsieur Gallet (Maigret, #3)
  • The Hanged Man of Saint-Pholien (Maigret, #4)
  • A Man's Head
  • The Yellow Dog
  • The Night at the Crossroads
  • A Crime in Holland
  • The Grand Banks Café
  • The Dancer at the Gai-Moulin
The Man Who Watched Trains Go By Dirty Snow The Yellow Dog Pietr the Latvian (Maigret, #1) The Strangers in the House