Start by marking “Calm, Cool, and Adjusted” as Want to Read:
Calm, Cool, and Adjusted

Calm, Cool, and Adjusted (Spa Girls #3)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  915 ratings  ·  38 reviews
Silicon Valley chiropractor Poppy Clayton is as calm, cool, and adjusted as they come . . . or is she?

Known for her bad fashion sense, a love for all things natural, and the inability to get a second date, Poppy is beginning to wonder if she might be misaligned herself.

Poppy's route to self discovery will be an unnatural one involving a plastic surgeon (of all people!), a
Published March 1st 2008 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Calm, Cool, and Adjusted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Calm, Cool, and Adjusted

Karen Baney
While the book was good and entertaining overall, I was very disappointed with the guy she ended up with. Don't want to spoil it for those of you that haven't read it. But, I was happy that I didn't see it coming. Overall, I think Poppy is a tough character to write for romance, since she comes across as very know-it-all.
Beth
More commentary from me on what a Christian novel SHOULD be like... In real life, Christians have daily struggles in living out their faith. This book completely failed to address any of those struggles, even when they would have entered the plot very easily. Here's a conflict that Billerbeck set up: Natural health nut Christian girl meets hot Christian plastic surgeon. There's definitely chemistry, but girl hesitates because his unnatural concepts of health and beauty clash with her own. She do ...more
Libby
Oh, so sad that I just finished this last book in the series. I love Kristin Billerbeck and she needs to write more books. This is a great series, clean, fun, and tear filled (happy tears).
Whitney Hopperton
A great way to end the series. Im not a huge fan of Poppy, the main character, but the story and plot did leave you with a great feeling, and sad the series had ended.
Jessie Jones
Loved, loved, loved. Kristin Billerbeck is quickly becoming one of my all-time favorite authors. Can't wait to read the rest of the Spa Girls books!
Lynn
I enjoyed this last installment of the Spa Girls series. I made the mistake of reading the last chapter first, so I knew what was coming as I read the book, and that made it a bit predictable and formulaic, but it was a good enjoyable beach-y read.

This was the least enjoyable of the series for me, but still a worthwhile final. I would like an update after some time has past, just to see what happened to the Girls as they grew up. Despite having jobs and families, they were still very immature. I
Michele Minor
Poppy is a chiropractor with an unusual sense of fashion. Her best friend, Megan is getting married and she needs to find a date for her wedding without having to resort to her friends finding her one. She shares an office in an office park with a handsome plastic surgeon and she also has a patient that likes her. Poppy is the last one of her friends who isn’t married and you do see some of her viewpoint of being the last single girl though she isn’t willing to settle for just any guy in order t ...more
Kristin
This book was difficult for me to trudge through. I did not like the character development at all. I realize that this is chick-lit, but normally Kristin Billerbeck is a fun easy read. I just didn't enjoy this book.

The main character, Poppy, really annoyed me. She couldn't get her life in order and didn't understand why. There were lots of times of disconnect in the story that just didn't make sense.

I will say that between the two guys I didn't have a clue who she would choose. I was surprised a
Melissa
2.5 stars. Weird chiropractor Poppy finds a man.
Cherie Galyon
I had to reread parts of this book because I found Poppy more entertaining the second time around. After reading about her in books 1 and 2, you wouldn't guess she would be so enjoyable. I love her next door doctor friend and the fights that ensue. The renovation on her childhood home sounded too amazing to believe. What guy would really do that out of the goodness of his heart without permission? To end in Hawaii---really???? Bit sensational but endearing. Poppy, you are a free spirit indeed.
Robin
Ms. Billerbeck went backwards again with this book. As with the first book in the Spa Girls series, this book focuses too much on the main character's obsessions, & not enough on plot or proper storyline building. The focus of the book even contradicts itself in several areas & again feels like a novel written, then some Christian elements added for good measure. All-in-all, I will not be recommending this series. "Christian fluff" is my final word on these books. Disappointing.
Ashley
This was my favorite of the three. With that said, I felt like the "drama" was just a bunch of fluff that turned out to be nothing. These women live nearly perfect lives and anything that goes slightly off-track is grounds for mass chaos for about two minutes. Morgan probably had the roughest go all-in-all, but this is isn't a contest on "who had it harder?" I would recommend reading this trilogy if you're not looking for something too intense and something Christ-based.
Paulin
Finished Calm, Cool&Adjusted by K Billerbeck,my 5th book installment 4May.An Integrity Publishing Certified Good‐read.Indeed it was light&fun! Almost burst out laughing while in the throngs of pips.I realized that sometimes people is more than what u see on the surface.When they seem shallow,they might still manage 2teach u a lesson or 2,when they have depth, u'll drown in their endless pool of wisdom if u care to.
Gina Martinez
I think this book was my least favorite of the three books. I felt that the ending was rushed. It was as if the author wanted it to be over with or was tired of trying to play Poppy's character out. I feel like this was a regular fiction book with a little bit Christianity thrown into it. I did find the series entertaining for the most part.
Erin
This was a really cute book. I had no idea there was an entire series with all of these charracters, but I plan to try to read some of those others too.

The writer writes in such a way that you beleive these things that are happening because she speaks like you would speak if you were frustrated or even excited!
Danielle
Poppy was easily likable and relatable. You never know who she ends up with until the end. I love the breezy nature of this series. Definitely a good series for that no brain type of read. Also, loved the fact there was no swearing or inappropriate parts without lacking the integrity of a true chick-lit novel.
Kim Freitas
A little too "chick lit" for my liking. I'm more of a dead body somewhere type of person. However, it did have a good story line and good ending - just not my type.
Jodie
I really am not very fond of this book. The whole hippy, negative and positive energy thing really did not settle well with me, mainly because it struck me as a new age kind of thing. Definitely would not read this book again.
stacie
of the trilogy, this was my favorite book. I think it is because I relate tothe Poppy in that I like to be in control. i liked the suspense of which guy she would end up with: dr jeff or simon. cute ending...
Jdtolbert2003yahoo.com
lot of rehashing the same line. I'm messed up. I'm not messed up. I like him. I don't like him.
Brenda
I liked the Spa Girls series in parts, but it got more and more disjointed and ridiculous as it progressed. This is the last one, and it kept with the pattern. :P
Kim
Out of the 3 in the series this book had a happy ending but I still didn't enjoy the ending quite as much as the first 2. Oh well...still a cute read.
Nikki
so i was not sure if i would like this series. so far i do - was not as "young" writing as the cover would make you think. i am excited to read the other 2.
Koren
Fun, Christian chick lit that's easy to read. It's number three, I believe, in the Spa Girls Series. The first two are good, too!
Michelle
Disappointed with this one. I really expected it to be much better. It took me a long time to read it because it was boring!
Justine
enjoyed the humour of this tale. living a hippy type christain lifestyle could be somewhat confusing lol great light hearted read
Christy
Not very well written, Christian chick-lit. Wanted to slap the narrator and tell her to quit being hypocritical.
Lisa
last in the series. Enjoyed it and really identified with the main character in this particular episode.
Natalie
I was laughing so hard near the end of this book that my kids nearly thought I'd lost my mind! So funny!
Marisol
This was my favorite of the three in this series.. it was funny and really good. Recommend to everyone.
  • Consider Lily
  • The Whitney Chronicles
  • Savannah Comes Undone
  • The Guy I'm Not Dating
  • Lost in Rooville
  • That's -Not Exactly- Amore (Drama Queen #3)
  • Perfecting Kate
  • Match Point (Lauren Holbrook, #3)
  • Newlywed Games
  • Only Uni
  • Kissing Adrien
  • Miss Invisible
  • Theodora's Diary: Faith, Hope and Chocolate
About Kristin
I grew up with a strong sense of justice. I simply knew the way things should be. And since I’m not smart enough to be a district attorney, I am a novelist. My childhood was slightly confusing. I blame my parents for this. Oh heck, I’m going to blame them for everything. I think I would have turned out normal if it weren’t for them.
the billerbeck's

Okay, probably not. I am a fourth-g
More about Kristin Billerbeck...
What a Girl Wants (Ashley Stockingdale, #1) She's Out of Control (Ashley Stockingdale, #2) With This Ring, I'm Confused (Ashley Stockingdale, #3) She's All That (Spa Girls, #1) A Billion Reasons Why

“What if I'm destined to be single for the rest of my life, and you're upsetting the balance of nature and God's plan?” 9 likes