Start by marking “Scandalous (Playing with Fire #3)” as Want to Read:
Scandalous (Playing with Fire #3)

Scandalous (Playing With Fire #3)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  549 ratings  ·  21 reviews
She always got anything she wanted... Playing with Fire 3 A teenage crush on her big brother's boyfriend. It was one of the few times in her spoiled-little-sister life that Alexa had to swallow the word "no." She got over it, or she thought she had-until her brother's wedding brings Eric back into her life, as flirty and fun as ever. It never mattered to her that he's gay. ...more
Published August 24th 2010 by Samhain

To ask other readers questions about Scandalous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scandalous

Tempted by Megan HartThe Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonSexy Devil by Sasha WhiteLover Mine by J.R. WardLord of the Deep by Dawn Thompson
Hottest Romance/Erotica Covers
65th out of 1,018 books — 1,237 voters
The Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonTaking a Shot by Jaci BurtonChanging the Game by Jaci BurtonPlaying to Win by Jaci BurtonMortal Bite by Sharon Hamilton
Drool-worthy Covers
153rd out of 393 books — 232 voters

More lists with this book...

Taannyya

Well well well.

The book has its moments. I finished it moments ago and I assure you some of the moments are pleasantly burnt in my memory.

Kinky and quite interesting the book traces the quite uncommon relationship between Alexa, Eric and Brandon. E and B are gay. Alexa used to have a schoolgirl crush on E, who used to be her elder brother's bf. Now all grown up Alexa is hot and E can't keep his hands off her and he's in a relationship with the sexy B. B is intrigued by E's accounts of Alexa and
Michelle the Romance Witch
ok so dont get me wrong im all for a little kink in a relationship. and i loved this series a lot, but damn why can't ms Erickson leave a happy triad at the end. every time she hooks up a girl with two lovely guys, she ends up with a happy couple and one guy getting hurt and left out... what's up with that. you make the sex so emotional and loving but then you leave a person out in the end?... maybe we should expand our horizons and have some happy triads. That lost her a star but other than tha ...more
The Cat Bastet
Maridy
Ok. I don't need an HEA to be happy with a book (all the time) but if the ending is going to be unpopular I at least want to like the characters and understand why they did what they did. **Spoiler Alert** I just wish they hadn't invited Eric for one last hurrah! Want some salt with that wound? Who does that? It really really made me hate them. Not good for book three in a four book series.
Alina Neacşu
The best part :

“But she doesn’t love me,” he muttered. “Not like she loves you.”
“Oh my God, we’re all being complete idiots.” She went to Brandon and looped her arms around
his neck. “I love Eric but just as a friend. I’m in love with you.”
Brandon’s eyes widened, and he dipped his head, his forehead pressed against hers as he slipped
his arms around her waist. “Really?”
“Yes, you dumbass so tell her you love her back,” Eric called from behind them.
Brandon shot him a murderous glare before he kissed
Daphne Marzana
Good beginning. Hot. But the ending wasn't expected or liked. She seems too shallow and callous and only after her own needs to me. Didn't like her at all.
Kelleyj
Didn't like the ending to this one. And Alexa and Brandon were selfish and did not deserve a HEA.
Kaylein
Jessica
A solid 3 1/2 stars. While there is no denying Karen Erickson has some serious talent, I just can't help feel sad? mad? upset over the ending of this book. I really liked the characters, but Alexa really bothered me at the end. I get it, you can't help who you fall in love with, and I don't blame her one bit for it, you're heart wants who it wants. But did you really have to request "one last go around"? Even though the guys were more than willing, I just couldn't help feeling like it was incred ...more
Brandy
I didn't care for this book at all! That was the worst ending I have read....sooo hated it!!!!!!
Taylor Freeman
I like my stories to have a HEA this one was a partial HEA. The story line had a lot of potential. I just felt like it went in the wrong direction. Also I felt the epilogue was kind of cheap for such a regret filled story.
Elyender F
Would've been sooo much better if it had a story.
Sassafrass
I can see why a lot of people got ticked off by this book with the way that it ended, but I don't think that the characters were insensitive or mean. sometimes you can't help who you fall in love with. I think that it's one of the real dangers with opening up your relationship to a third person. it's a risk, and in this particular case someone lost out in the end.
Karla
The only reason I'm giving this book 3 stars instead of 2 is because I really liked Brandon. The story is kind of a mess and they way one of them ended hurt I didn't like it. I sort of expected something different to be the ending, I expected after a few pages something was not going to be ok, but it was kind of unfair.
Yolanda
I am so pissed after reading this book i hated all the chara except Eric and i didnt like that he was made to make them feel better about the situation. I i hated Brandon from the beginning and Alexa turned out to get as much hate as Brandon brought out in me. I just thought it was horrible i cant say it enought.
Cyndy Aleo
Reviewed as part of the two-book PLAYING WITH FIRE 2 for RT Book Reviews November 2013 issue: http://www.rtbookreviews.com/book-review/playing-fire-2-0
Jessica Wertz
This series was pretty out of my element. After finishing I really enjoyed them. They were fun and exciting. If hardcore seems aren't something your able to read about then this isn't the series for you!
Melanie
So disappointed with this book. Almost didn't finish it. Was pissed that Eric got thrown to the waste side while his long time lover left him for his long time friend. Ending sucked big time.
Tia
I read this at least a year ago and began to fall in love with the series. This one is actually my all time favorite, however the ending fucked me up a bit.
Lois - Who Reads
The only character that deserved a happy ending only got a "sorry, we only love you as a friend". This was not a good book.
Melanie Janvier
sweet baby jesus! the cover is hot..and the story hoter...
April Elliott-Crann
April Elliott-Crann marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
racquel herdsman
racquel herdsman marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
Jenna
Jenna marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
  • Anna in the Middle
  • Another Night, Another Dream (Another Dream #1)
  • Our Man Friday
  • Rescued (Three's Allowed, #2)
  • Lovely Wicked
  • Holly's Intuition (Erogenous Zones, #2)
  • Destiny Calls
  • Everything Nice (What Women Like, #2)
  • Double Dare
  • Stoneface
  • Carnal Compromise (Carnal, #2)
  • Three to Tango
  • One-Two Punch
  • Full House (Three of a Kind, #3)
  • Daniel's Surrender (Worthington Group, #3)
  • Tangled Past (Tangled #2)
  • Enticement
  • Saddled
3198951
USA Today bestselling author Karen Erickson lives in central California with her husband, three kids, one dog and too many cats. Being a romance writer and bringing her characters to life is her greatest dream come true.

She also writes new adult romance as NYT & USA Today bestselling author Monica Murphy.

Karen's Facebook page:

More about Karen Erickson...

Playing With Fire (4 books)
  • Forbidden (Playing With Fire, #1)
  • Tangled (Playing with Fire, #2)
  • Notorious (Playing With Fire, #4)
Game for Marriage (Game for It, #1) Worth the Scandal (Worth It, #1) Temporary Arrangement (The Renaldis, #0.5) Tempted by Her Boss (The Renaldis, #1) Game for Trouble (Game for It, #2)