Start by marking “Fire of the Heart (Pembroke Eve Chronicles, #4)” as Want to Read:
Fire of the Heart (Pembroke Eve Chronicles, #4)

Fire of the Heart (Pembroke Eve Chronicles #4)

4.39  ·  Rating Details  ·  38 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Fire of the Heart is the fourth installment in the Pembroke Eve Chronicles and takes place a few weeks after the Spring Dance.

Jacob, Callum and Zane are packing up for the night in the Food Emporium, when Mr. Barnaby bursts in proclaiming Aloysius is missing. Where could a twenty foot dragon have disappeared to in a small town like Pembroke Eve? And what’s more, when Jacob
Published August 15th 2010 by eXtasy books (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Fire of the Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire of the Heart

Luck in the Shadows by Lynn FlewellingCaptive Prince by C.S. PacatCaptive Prince by C.S. PacatStalking Darkness by Lynn FlewellingTruth in the Dark by Amy Lane
Best Gay Fantasy Romance
220th out of 476 books — 889 voters
More by Sloan Parker911 by Chris OwenDark Horse by Kate SherwoodThe Strongest Shape by Tessa CárdenasOut of the Darkness by Kate Sherwood
Best Gay Polyamorous Romance
244th out of 356 books — 604 voters

More lists with this book...

~~~Heather S.~~~
Mar 20, 2011 ~~~Heather S.~~~ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, favorites, menage
Excuse me Mr. Alders, but where was the knicker soaker warning on this book, hmmm?!!! Every time I turn around, Jakey is with someone different or several someones, yet he does it with such love and reverence that it never seems gratuitous! I have no idea how you accomplished that, I guess because I love these characters so much that if they're happy, I'm happy and the more the merrier!!

With the dragon realm's interesting rules and customs (seriously cock shake rather than a hand shake, where do
Tj
Sep 05, 2015 Tj rated it it was amazing
Wonderful read:) I just love this series. It's been some time since I was this entertained. This series is just so different. I never know where it will take me next.

I love how unpredictable the series has been but how they all form a cohesive plot line. Book three had seemed to be so disconnected from the others but in this book you see how it was needed to draw in the total of the series plot line together.

I look forward to where this series will take me to next.
Nancy L
Nov 14, 2010 Nancy L rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, menage, pnr, paranormal
Again, sucked into another dimension that seems alive, strange but yet hauntingly irrisistable. I loved the dragons!!

Best part (giggling) was the mating of Jakey and Callum.... can u say HOT HOT HOT??? ~fans self~
Heather C
I really don't know what to say about this one without spoiling too much!

Just think dragons and alternate universes. Now picture Jacob and all his friends there. Now imagine danger and claimings and lots of "LOVE"!!! Oh, and don't forget to add some shocking revelations about Jacob and his friends AND his family!!!

...and Jacob learns an interesting new "hand"shake...

I hope I'm "prepared" enough for book 5.
Wendy Ann
I loved, Loved, LOVED this installment of the Pembroke Eve Chronicles!! I really believe it's my favorite of the bunch so far. The Dragon realm was completely fascinating and much less creepy than the eternals, insectmen or aliens from the prior books. The rituals practiced by the tribe were, um, very unique and wholly hot!! The plot line was very suspenseful and there were plenty of sections where I just couldn't put down the book because I had to know what happened next.

I was a bit worried ab
Leaundra
Sep 14, 2010 Leaundra rated it it was amazing
I want more dragons! Wow Mark has surprised me once again. I loved this story and I loved learning more about Aloysius and the dragons. I so loved the dragon handshake, I laughed out loud. It was too funny. It was also nice to catch up with Jacob,Callum, Zane, Suzy and Mr. Barnaby This series keeps getting better and better. I can't wait for the next book!!
Jenre
Sep 10, 2010 Jenre rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, fantasy, romance, menage
Reading the first part of this book reminded me of The Kenny Everett Show. Kenny was a British gay comedian who had a huge hit show in the 70s and 80s in Britain, and one of his most loved sketches was when he dressed up as a large bosomed female actress who gave a monologue telling us the plot of her new movie. One of the lines in this sketch was always, "and all of a sudden, all my clothes fall off!". Well, that's pretty much what happened to Jacob, Callum, Suzie and Zane as they get sucked th ...more
Stephanie
May 25, 2012 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Lexi Ander
Sep 04, 2010 Lexi Ander rated it it was amazing
I will never again look at a dragon hand shake the same. ;-)

I really enjoyed this addition of Pembroke chronicles. Though the very FIRST sentence of the book gave me heart palpitation. Zane cannot go! If Zane wants Suzy so bad then Suzy is just going to have to figure out how to live together with my guys. I think I will have to give her a call.

The eternals of the last book really CREEPED me out and I was happy that we did not "see" much of them in this book. Instead we get to know more about J
Kendra T
Aug 25, 2014 Kendra T rated it really liked it
After 3 books, I think I finally understand the dynamics of the relationships!!! :-) I was annoyed with what I couldn't wrap my head around and the utter horniness of Jacob, but this book made me see him in a different light and I saw him grow up a bit. I LOVED Aloysius. This book showed the promise of an awesome future for Jacob, Callum, Zane, and Aloysius.
Robert
Nov 19, 2010 Robert rated it really liked it
If I said I wasn't hooked on this series, I'd be lying. Fire of the Heart was fast-paced and fun to read. It was great to see the group back (except for poor Mr. B). I have faith that he'll be saved in #5. :)
James Cox
May 12, 2013 James Cox rated it it was amazing
Fantastic. This series is so entertaining, hot and unique. I have to get my greedy hands on the next book in the series!
A
A marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
Hannah Stuart
Hannah Stuart marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2015
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
SH65
SH65 rated it really liked it
Sep 16, 2015
Julia
Julia rated it did not like it
Jul 19, 2015
Jack
Jack added it
Jul 30, 2015
SarahBeth
SarahBeth marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Christine
Christine rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2015
Wara
Wara added it
Jan 27, 2015
Tom
Tom marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
LoriO.
LoriO. added it
Nov 05, 2014
nulla rimane
nulla rimane marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I live in Melbourne, Victoria, in the land of Oz. According to my own Teenage mis-adventures, I am just an ordinary guy with a penis which likes to get me into trouble…a lot. I’ve seduced trees, copulated with watermelons, and had nice old ladies pick ants off my naked body. Yep, that’s me. Mark Alders. All round nice guy and with my brain firmly in my pants, exactly where it belongs!

So what about
More about Mark Alders...

Pembroke Eve Chronicles (5 books)
  • Shadows of the Mind (Pembroke Eve Chronicles, #1)
  • Light of the Body (Pembroke Eve Chronicles, #2)
  • Time of the Soul (Pembroke Eve Chronicles, #3)
  • Hope of the Spirit (Pembroke Eve Chronicles, #5)

“When he was close enough, he kissed my earlobe and at the same time grabbed my cock, shook it twice, then let it go. He did the same to Callum and Zane. Was this how dragons welcomed each other? Damn. Sure beats a hand shake. Good thing I was naked. I think I would have reacted differently if Devlyn had unzipped my pants and began rummaging around in my underwear just to say hello.” 8 likes