Start by marking “The Zombie Zone (A to Z Mysteries Series #26)” as Want to Read:
The Zombie Zone (A to Z Mysteries Series #26)

The Zombie Zone (A to Z Mysteries #26)

3.93  ·  Rating Details ·  1,106 Ratings  ·  59 Reviews
Z is for ZOMBIE . . .
Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose are excited to vacation in the Louisiana bayou. But the small village they visit has a scary problem. The villagers tell stories of voodoo and a giant zombie with silver hair who has been digging up graves in the cemetery. Can the the tales be true? It's up to Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose to unearth the secrets of the zombie zon
Published September 2nd 2009 by Random House Children's Books (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Zombie Zone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Zombie Zone

Amy
My niece enjoys these A to Z Mysteries by Ron Roy, so we decided to try reading a few in anticipation of Halloween.

My niece said that she enjoyed Zombie Zone and said that it was pretty scary. At first I didn't think that she was going to really care much for this story because she seemed to have a hard time tuning in. As the story grew, however, the book had her full attention and she began attempting to solve the mystery. She was paying attention to the clues, making deductions, and using logi
Kathleen
Ugg. Sometimes it's hard having a third grader. he loves to read which I'm so thankful for but some of these chapter books are killing me. I say how about you read that one to yourself and he says to me " mom I need to practice voice and fluency". ummm ok
Pizza_Food :)
beware of zombie because they will kll you if you don't.
Deepthi Herga
Nov 19, 2015 Deepthi Herga rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: snugli-books
My 7 - year old has finished the entire set of the A to Z mysteries (including all the super editions). I started reading them because I wanted to find out how good these mysteries are and after I started, I finished the entire set myself. This will be a common review for all the books in the set (so please forgive me if you see this repeated under another book).

First of all, the mystery part of the book is fairly simple for an adult, but I can see how it can keep a kid engrossed. The characters
Lesley Montoya-
Nov 30, 2015 Lesley Montoya- rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was awesome
Michelle Hessler
In The Zombie Zone by Ron Roy, three young children go on an adventure through the Louisiana bayou country. The three children were invited to Louisiana by Ruth Roses grandma. Her grandma is letting the children go out on a tour while she goes to paint the scenery around Louisiana. They are given a tour from a tour guide named Jack. Jack drives the children into the bayou with his tour van from his “Gator Guide” business. Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose get to the village and are interested to hear th ...more
Abigail
Sep 27, 2009 Abigail rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Do the zombies really come out at night or is someone pranking the town?
Sierra
I LEARNED NOTHING!!!! YAY!!!!
luhvBOOKS
Aug 24, 2012 luhvBOOKS rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Title: The Zombie Zone

Author: Ron Roy

Series: A to Z Mysteries #26

Rating:

Summary: Z is for zombie... Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose are excited to vacation in the Louisiana bayou. But the small village they visit has a scary problem. The villagers tell stories of voodoo and a giant zombie with silver hair who has been digging up graves in the cemetery. Can the the tales be true? It’s up to Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose to unearth the secrets of the zombie zone.

Review: Ooooo, scary! I love it!

Things I Lov
Carol Royce Owen
Oct 29, 2015 Carol Royce Owen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's nothing deep about the A to Z Mysteries, but they are a great addition to the 2nd-4th grade class libraries, especially when teaching the elements of a mystery. In this story, Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose are in Louisiana, and get involved in a mystery in which someone (perhaps a zombie) is digging up graves at a tribal cemetery. Join them as they gather clues and determine who the guilty party is.
Marlee
Nov 22, 2014 Marlee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My children enjoyed this book and were fully captivated while we were reading it. However, the ending seemed a bit abrupt to them. Many of the books in this series ended somewhat abruptly. They had been hoping for something more though, as it was the last letter book. They were excited to continue on with the other books about Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose.
Dolly
Dec 29, 2009 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
At the end of this book, the author mentions that he was trying to go for a scary book this time, but not too scary. He succeeded, but this story has a much different feel than most of the others in the series. It's an interesting look at some of the more rural areas surrounding New Orleans, but there's not much discussion about the city, the culture, or the French influence on it.

Our girls enjoyed hearing the story, especially toward the end, but it wasn't their favorite of the A to Z Mysterie
Brittany
Aug 17, 2015 Brittany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My son and I stumbled upon this series at the library. He loves mysteries. We started with the final book, but it gave enough information about the characters that we weren't lost one bit. He enjoyed this book and we will continue with this series.
Kaytee
Jul 08, 2015 Kaytee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
They were hiking with jack then saw a sign and it said zombie zone danger then they went to a village and then they dink he saw a man crawling out of a grave so they went to check it out then the man in the grave wasnt a zombie.
Melissa Namba
fairly standard for the series. I wish it would have gone more into the history and back ground of the people of the area and why they might believe in zombies. a great learning opportunity lost!
Rachel Ferguson
first one I've read of these. Ruth rose likes to dress in one color. Josh had a sketch pad. Nothing too scary but there is some mystery. couple details I didn't buy ( silently unzipped tent zipper).
Seth
Feb 17, 2015 Seth rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: by-myself
They went to Louisiana. They went on a hike. Graves were stolen! They got bug spray. Ruth Rose's grandma took paint lessons.
Kaywrites1989
Not my favorite from the series. The class still enjoyed it so that's all that matters.
Kaelyn Grant
I liked that the mystery was simply figuring out why a sign was posted in the woods.
Eesha Arshed
Apr 06, 2016 Eesha Arshed added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Eesha by: Mahin Alvi
A very nice and interesting book!!
Gina
Andrew
Jun 26, 2014 Andrew rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
it was good.
Ms. Landrum's Class
I think they eat what they find.
WE
kristen
My 2nd graders liked this A to Z mystery the best so far! I was a bit hesitant b/c it seemed scary talking about zombies and grave robbing but we established there was no such thing as zombies before we began. Whenever we had our reading time with this one the students would say "it is time to get zombified!" and they wanted lights off so we read by sunlight only :) It was also fun to tie in bayous with our science study of habitats. Love Ron Roy!
Lisadunbar22
Apr 01, 2013 Lisadunbar22 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: evan
I thought this book was awesome! My favorite part was when they found out there was no zombie. Review by Evan.

It was crazy that Jack took the kids to see an alligator nest hours after his first child was born. I had to explain to Evan that no decent father would leave his new born baby and wife. Evan said it would be even worse if he took his new born baby to see the alligator nest! HA!
Mollie
Mar 19, 2016 Mollie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It wasn't so interesting at the beginning, but it got more interesting at the end. I would recommend this book to my friends.
Clio
Its really exciitng
  • Talent Show Scardey-Pants (Ready, Freddy! #5)
  • Nate the Great and the Mushy Valentine
  • Eve of the Emperor Penguin (Magic Tree House, #40)
  • The Case of Hermie the Missing Hamster (Jigsaw Jones Mystery #1)
  • The Scary Snake Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #17)
  • Mrs. Jeepers in Outer Space (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids Super Special, #4)
  • Ticket Trouble (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #10)
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...

A to Z Mysteries (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • The Absent Author (A to Z Mysteries, #1)
  • The Bald Bandit (A to Z Mysteries, #2)
  • The Canary Caper (A to Z Mysteries, #3)
  • The Deadly Dungeon (A to Z Mysteries, #4)
  • The Empty Envelope (A to Z Mysteries, #5)
  • The Falcon's Feathers (A to Z Mysteries, #6)
  • The Goose's Gold (A to Z Mysteries, #7)
  • The Haunted Hotel (A to Z Mysteries, #8)
  • The Invisible Island (A to Z Mysteries, #9)
  • The Jaguar's Jewel (A to Z Mysteries, #10)