Start by marking “Deadly Heat (Deadly, #2)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Heat (Deadly, #2)

Deadly Heat (Deadly #2)

4.1  ·  Rating Details ·  3,031 Ratings  ·  206 Reviews
She wants revenge...
Six months after her lover died in an arsonist's blaze, firefighter Lora Spade calls in the FBI's elite Serial Services Division to track the elusive killer. When Special Agent Kenton Lake is lured into a violent inferno, Lora pulls him to safety and is stunned - not by the fire, but by her own searing attraction to Kent. For the first time in months, s
Published February 1st 2011 by Grand Central Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Heat

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareForever by Maggie StiefvaterClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareSilence by Becca FitzpatrickDead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
Can't Wait Books For 2011
196th out of 1,220 books — 6,914 voters
A Lot like Love by Julie JamesThe Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonEleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart by Sarah MacLeanCall Me Irresistible by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsJust Like Heaven by Julia Quinn
2011 Romance
68th out of 393 books — 828 voters

More lists with this book...

Kristen
3.5 to 4 Stars

description

Deadly Heat is the second book in Cynthia Eden's Deadly series and to say I enjoyed this series is an understatement.

This book was not as intense or as fast paced as the first one but it was just as intriguing and diabolical. The suspense aspect of the story kept me guessing and there was heavy focus on the romance and steam. Unfortunately, I struggled with the romance between Kenton and Lora and NOT for the reason you may think.

My issue with this book's romance stems from an as
Blacky *Romance Addict*

“The fire burns. She kills. She judges the wicked.”

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I am becoming seriously addicted to this series and author.
With such intense stories and awesome writing, how could I not?

The story

It's about a serial killer whose method is killing with fire, and the guy uses a different method every time.
Special agent Kenton Lake from the SSD is there to investigate, and in the meantime gets entangled with a female firefighter, Lora Spade.
When the killer gets his focus on Kenton, and with that on Lora as wel
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Fire gifs photo: fire heart funny-gifs-hot-love.gif

When a small town gets plagued with several unexplained fires where death has been the common link, FBI Special Agent Kenton Lake gets the call. He's part of the SSD- Serial Services Division where they track serial rapists, killers, and arsonists. When he shows up to a scene where his informant is supposedly meeting him, he finds the house in flames but doesn't hesitate to run into the burning building to find him..... What he doesn't bank on is a firefighter clocking him (literally) then drag
Shawna
5 stars – Romantic Suspense

WOW! This was a great read that "Heat"ed me up nicely on a cold winter's day. It's a chilling, fast-paced romantic suspense thriller with a hot alpha hero, strong heroine, taut, clever plotting, creeptastic, Karen Rose type sadistic killer, and verrry steamy sex! I loved it and can't wait for the next book, Deadly Lies, to come out! 5 stars!
Lyndy Ann ♫
Another case for the FBI’s elite Serial Services Division SSD. This time Agent Kenton Lake is hunting a serial arsonist know as the Phoenix who not only kills his victims in the fire but is setting traps to trap the fire-fighters fighting the fires.

Special Agent Kenton Lake is the public face of SSD he handles everyone with his charm and GQ good looks but there is nothing he will not do to protect his team and soon Lora.

Lora Spade is a fire-fighter who lost a co-worker/boyfriend six months ago i
Amy
Jan 27, 2011 Amy rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2read2, fv-review
“Like a moth to a flame” his attraction to fire is as intensely passionate as a lover’s kiss. So beautiful…so deadly. Enter the mind of a serial arsonist and a scorching hot love affair in Deadly Heat, the second installment of Cynthia Eden’s Deadly series.

Lora Spade is not your average woman. A seasoned firefighter who has lost too many loved ones to the deadly flames, she is now facing a serial arsonist in her hometown of Charlottesville, VA. The arsonist, labeled “Phoenix,” is a professional
Duchess Nicole
Another winner from Cynthia Eden...this is everything I love about Romantic Suspense. An intense story, a strong woman, an even stronger man, and a whodunnit that kept me guessing until the end.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"He liked to watch the fire. When it danced, it was the most beautiful thing he’d ever seen. Sensual, like a lover."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MY SYNOPSIS:
Firefighter Lora Spade is no stranger to fire...or to loss. She's got scars from
Kathleen
Feb 04, 2011 Kathleen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading the review's on this book I just had to read it so I put the book I was currently reading down and picked Deadly Heat up.
I must say that at the beginning of the story I thought that this was not going to be as good of a read as I thought it was going to be. The idea of a serial arsonist was just not grabbing me. By page 50 I had changed that thought completely and was totally drawn in by this story and the Characters.

I loved the heroine Lora Spade. She was a tough, no hold bars fir
Gina
Sep 01, 2013 Gina rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense
This was a fast paced, kept my interest read! Kenton is a FBI agent assigned to find a serial arsonist. And Lora Spade is a firefighter determined to find the arsonist as well. Lora wants revenge having lost her lover six months earlier to the fire the arsonist set.

Once again, I have found a heroine I really like, she is tough, independent and struggling with her own issues. Kenton is strong, handsome, intelligent and treats Lora with respect. The chemistry between them is hot and intense. The
Laurie Garrison
Feb 14, 2011 Laurie Garrison rated it it was amazing
Paranormal suspense author Cynthia Eden is a new voice to be reckoned with in romantic suspense world with her new Deadly suspense trilogy. Deadly Heat is an edge of your seat page-turner along with the added heat that will keep you fanning yourself. If you love mystery, romance, extreme action, and a hot agent that will do anything to protect his woman, then here is your series. It wouldn’t surprise me to find out Cynthia Eden makes the top of New York Times bestsellers list with this series.

I
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
3.5

Even though the killer from the previous book was worse and more imaginative, this book is also good. The story follows the same pattern as Deadly Fear only now with a heroine who is a fire-fighter. They are racing against an arsonist who traps people before he burns them. It isn’t then surprising he eventually turned all his attention to Lora and Kenton. There are a few red herrings, but they aren’t really believable. They did slow the pace of this story a bit, but not in a bad way.

Kenton a
Apr 12, 2011 Laura rated it it was amazing
Shelves: scorching-hot
I really enjoyed the second novel in Cynthia Eden's Deadly series. This book had all of the makings for a fantastic romantic suspense novel, and it didn't disappoint. Too often when reading suspense novels, I have figured out who the villan is before I even get to the middle of the book; not the case in this AT ALL!! I was completely stumped and had no clue who the culprit was and when it was revealed, no one was more surprised than me!

When a serial arsonist wreaks havoc on Charlottesville, VA (
Karla
Feb 13, 2011 Karla rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Karla by: Katheen Young

5 Sizzlin' Stars!!! Soooo good! I am loving this Deadly series.

I didn’t think Deadly Fear could be outdone, but Deadly Heat was smokin! These books have all the ingredients for a terrific romantic suspense series.

Sizzling chemistry between the two main characters, Kenton and Lora.

The plot has has lots action, a really insane villain, and keeps you on edge. I thought I knew who the bad guy was, but then again…maybe I didn't. The last few pages of this book had me wringing my hands.

It included
Lover of Romance
DNF---I was looking forward to this one, but the narrator really put me off of it.
Yesenia Gonzalez
Cynthia Eden knows her stuff! Another great book.
Lora is a firefighter who is seeing a pattern of a serial killing people with fires, No one sees it but she knows so she calls in the FBI group to help stop the killer. She is a strong female lead that lost a lover but she wants justice for those who died by the killer. When Kenton comes into town to help solve the case, Lora and him first bump heads but sparks fly and slowly their relationship to build and it isn't the only thing that burns.
♡Karlyn P♡
Another really good romance suspense read! I'm so glad to have discovered Eden, can't wait for the next in this series. She builds a lot of suspense and provide a whole lot of heat. Just the way I like them. :-)
jenjn79
Mar 20, 2011 jenjn79 rated it really liked it
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
I'm glad I decided to read this series. Solid romantic suspense. I enjoyed this book...maybe not as much as the first book in the series, but I still liked it quite a bit.

Series Note:
Second book in Eden's "Deadly" series about a special FBI unit that investigates serial crimes. I wouldn't say it's absolutely necessary to read the previous book first, but I would be beneficial to do so.

Summary:
Firefighter Lora Spade believes there is a serial arsonist/murderer at work in her town, but no one else
MBR
I have come to identify with the fact that Cynthia Eden writes romances of the no holds barred kind which I just absolutely love. My first taste of Cynthia Eden came with book 1 in the Deadly series which just rocked my world in all the ways that counts. Deadly Heat turned out to be just as intense, maybe more so with the heat literally and figuratively on from both the romance and suspense side of the story.

Kenton Lake, Special Agent from the FBI’s Serial Services Division (SSD) makes his way t
Monique
Aug 19, 2011 Monique rated it it was amazing
I knew it, I had a feeling who the killer was. The thing I like with this series so far is that the killers are not completely predictable because they come across so many suspects, it's up to you and your gut instinct to find out who you think it is.

I've found that the writing of the sex scenes have improved so much since the first book, you can really see that and I congratulate the author on that. It makes me all the more excited to read the third book in this series.

The gang reunited in thi
Tiffany
I don't understand the hype for this series at all. I was completely unimpressed by the first one and because I'm an obsessive glutton for punishment, I pushed on to try to complete the series. There is more romance in this book versus the first, but nothing special. The sex scenes were completely dry, and unfortunately the author didn't accomplish her purpose as a romance writer at all: I felt totally uninspired by the love story between the hero and heroine, didn't feel them at all. The ...more
Stephanie Celis
Sep 26, 2016 Stephanie Celis rated it really liked it
This book was great, but not as good as the first one in the series.

I loved everything except for the romance because I think it was kinda fake. I even skip those parts. But the case, the story, the background, the killer... Everything else was really good.
Another thing I didn't like was Lora... I find her annoying. Though, I know that's just me. But Kenton was a really good character. I liked him. But overall this is a great book.

So, I give this one 4 stars just because I didn't like the romanc
Diana
Aug 23, 2011 Diana rated it did not like it
Deadly Heat by Cynthia Eden
Narrated by Justine Eyre

As someone who came to romance through the door marked Romantic Suspense, I'm predisposed to love a firefighter and an FBI agent on the trail of a murdering arsonist. My niggles with the book started very (very!) early, rapidly growing into festering pustules of disbelief and dread that it was going to get worse. It did.

Charlottesville, VA firefighter Lora Spade, cavalierly disregarding protocol, takes it upon herself to call in the FBI because
Tina
Mar 31, 2011 Tina rated it really liked it
I must admit I was originally hesistant about this series- I wanted the author to just stick with the shifter writing. *smile* But boy am I glad I gave it a try!! Totally enjoyed this book and loved the way the story flowed. It grabbed me from the beginning and never let go. I read the first one and really liked the main characters in that book. This one was even better. The first book was darker and not for the mild at heart yet still good. This one was not so dark but the suspense was even ...more
Pete
Aug 26, 2013 Pete rated it it was amazing
Deadly Heat is the second in the Deadly series where the Serial Services Division of the FBI now has to bring down a serial arsonist who doesn’t use the same method every time.

The best part of this series is the suspense and lovable characters. SSD sends Kenton Lake to investigate. He is greeted at a fire scene by a fire fighter slugging him in the jaw as he was trying to rescue a victim. Lora Spade, the fire fighter, had to drag his carcass out of the fire, saving his life. Ok, so now we know w
Leagh
Apr 14, 2011 Leagh rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, signed
After I read "Deadly Fear" I couldn't wait to read "Deadly Heat." So lets just say I was not disappointed. Ms Eden definitely knows what she is doing with romantic suspense. The book is about a special agent named Kenton and a firefighter named Lora. Kenton is called into Lora's town to investigate a series of deadly fires that Lora has been working. She expects that the fires are part of a serial killers game, a game that killed her lover 6 months ago. Lora is furious and wants revenge and she ...more
Mrs. Badass
Feb 02, 2011 Mrs. Badass rated it really liked it
Shelves: feb-2011, kindle
3.5/5
Tight Plotting, cast full of suspects. Although, this one was easier {for me} to figure out than the first one. Kenton and Lora burnt up the pages with heat. I actually thought there was too much sex (don't hit me!) It just seemed that every other page was them going at it, and I thought it took away from the arsonist plot. speaking of Lora, I thought she was a strong heroine. It takes guts to be a firefighter, and she has guts in spades. Ha Ha. Get it? Spades? Her name is Lora Spades, and
CL
 photo LIASOM_zps9e498f89.png

Rating: 3.5*

Cover: Hmm, not sure

Trope: FBI/Firefighter

Chemistry: Low Boil

One-Sentence Summary: FBI Agents and firefighters hunt a serial arsonist

Review: Once again I feel like this book wasn't as good as it could have been. I mean an FBI/firefighter romance? YES PLEASE. And yet Lora's former lover has only been dead 6 months, Kent/Lora got together too quickly and Kent was ridiculously jealous of every guy in Lora's life for most of the book.

I did like the suspense bits and really glad that we
Trish
Very good fast paced suspenseful read with witty dialogue, strong hot alpha hero and an equally strong heroine. Lora is a firefighter working to keep the town safe and is convienced that there is a serial fire setter endangering the lives of others. Soon the FBI serial service division Agent Kenton Luke is on the case investigating the case and of course things heat up fast with the relationship and the intensity of the storyline. Read the book if you like romantic suspense with strong character ...more
Lynsey A
3.5 to 4 stars. I like the RS aspect of her books and I do like the romance but in the last two books the heroine has this hard shell where she won't let anyone in at all. From what I read of the excerpt from Sam's book she is the same way. We already have a deranged psycho for the conflict. Why do we always need a broken woman? It just bothers me.

However, I do still like the books. The suspense is good and the sex hot so it keeps me interested in reading the story. I like her writing, it keeps
Cheryl
Jan 15, 2012 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 stars, fast-paced, heart-pumping action! I'm not usually interested in arson related stories, but this one had me checking my smoke alarms! Can't wait for the next story!
Buddy read, Deadly Heat 31 15 Jul 27, 2013 04:27AM
  • Hide from Evil (Dead Wrong, #2)
  • If You See Her (The Ash Trilogy, #2)
  • Under Fire  (Under Fire #1)
  • Face of Danger (The Guardian Angelinos, #3)
  • Sweet Revenge (Last Chance Rescue, #8)
  • With No Remorse (Black Ops, #6)
  • Waking the Dead (Mindhunters, #3)
  • If Looks Could Chill (Passion For Danger, #2)
  • Skin Heat (Skin, #3)
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • Cold Hearted (Cold Justice, #6)
  • Deadly Descent (Bagram Special Ops, #1)
Award-winning author Cynthia Eden writes dark tales of paranormal romance and romantic suspense. She is a New York Times, USA Today, Digital Book World, and IndieReader best-seller. Cynthia is also a three-time finalist for the prestigious RITA award . Since she began writing full-time in 2005, Cynthia has written over fifty novels and novellas.

Cynthia lives along the Alabama Gulf Coast. She loves
More about Cynthia Eden...

Deadly (3 books)
  • Deadly Fear (Deadly, #1)
  • Deadly Lies (Deadly, #3)

“I’ve been dying to know,” he said again, “how you taste.”
Oh, hell. Her right hand grabbed the back of his head, and she yanked him down toward her.
Their mouths met. Open. Ready. Lips kissed. Tongues licked. And—damn!
Yes, she wanted.
The control she’d held so tightly began to crack. She jerked in her seat, struggling to press against him. He took her mouth. Tasted her. Tormented her. And she met him. No, she fought him, fought him for more.”
3 likes
“Then his hands were around her waist as he lifted her up. The muscles in his arms flexed as he held her.
Wow, didn’t realize the man was so strong, didn’t know—
She licked his throat.
Screw it.
Lora wrapped her legs around his waist. His cock pushed against her, pressing right at the wet entrance to her sex.
She arched toward him just as Kenton slammed deep.
So deep.
She bit her lip to hold back the scream.
Skin to skin. Hot. Slick. So full.”
3 likes