Start by marking “Rebels & Yankees: The Fighting Men Of The Civil War” as Want to Read:
Rebels & Yankees: The Fighting Men Of The Civil War

Rebels & Yankees: The Fighting Men Of The Civil War

3.71  ·  Rating Details  ·  41 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
A must for any Civil War library. The sweeping histories of the War Between the States often overlook the men in whose blood that history was written. This account goes a long way toward redressing the balance in favor of the men in the ranks. The reader follows the soldiers from enlistment and training to campaigning. Attention is also given to oft-forgotten groups such a ...more
Published 1989 by Smithmark Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Rebels & Yankees, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rebels & Yankees

Bruce
Nov 26, 2015 Bruce rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book is part of the Rebels and Yankees Series published by Salamander in the early 1990's. As a series the books served as wonderful primers on the American Civil War. The added bonus for me was prints of various units.
Chad Lamb
More dull pictures of uniforms, weapons, etc. This just isn't my interest, I guess.
Michael
Dec 23, 2008 Michael rated it really liked it
I received this book as a gift from my parents when I was a boy. In purchasing the book I am sure my parents thought I would enjoy the photographs and illustrations that fill its pages. My parents could not have been more right. I have acquired many books about the military and the American Civil War since my parents gave me Rebels and Yankees, however, few have conveyed the ins and outs, the minutiae of nineteenth century warfare so well.
Victor Orozco
Apr 27, 2013 Victor Orozco rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book. Full of full-color as well as black and white pictures of Civil War Memorabilia as well as beautiful drawings of the uniforms and soldiers who fought in the Civil War. B+.
Sheryl Cassady
Sheryl Cassady marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Kei Denevan
Kei Denevan marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
James Hearn
James Hearn marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Erick
Erick marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Gabe Tomlinson
Gabe Tomlinson marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Charles Comsa
Charles Comsa rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2015
Robin
Robin added it
Sep 04, 2015
Roy
Roy rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2015
Troy Ancona
Troy Ancona marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
Gil Burket
Gil Burket rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
James Hatfield
James Hatfield rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2015
Jim
Jim marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Lacey Holley
Lacey Holley marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Daniel
Daniel is currently reading it
Jan 08, 2015
Dautrich
Dautrich marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Needaname
Needaname marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Peter Hoodspith
Peter Hoodspith rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2014
Laura Edwards
Laura Edwards rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2014
Joanne G.
Joanne G. marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Currently professor of history at Virginia Tech, William C. Davis has written over fifty books, most about the American Civil War. He has won the Jefferson Davis Prize for southern history three times, the Jules F. Landry Award for Southern history once, and has been twice nominated for the Pulitzer Prize.

For several years, he was the editor of the magazine Civil War Times Illustrated. He has also
More about William C. Davis...