Start by marking “Guinness World Records 2006” as Want to Read:
Guinness World Records 2006

Guinness World Records 2006 (Guinness World Records)

4.03  ·  Rating Details  ·  607 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
On the heels of its sell-out 50th Anniversary Edition, Guinness World Records delivers yet another outstanding collection of extraordinary facts and mind-blowing human achievements in every imaginable category. From extreme bodies and medical marvels to food feats, natural wonders, and amazing technological advances, here is the latest, greatest, and most astounding of eve ...more
Published October 1st 2005 by Planeta (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Guinness World Records 2006, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guinness World Records 2006

John Doe
Jun 21, 2011 John Doe rated it it was amazing
The most interesting book I have ever read and the longest fingernail world record is horrible
Sepideh Sahebsara
it's coll. i like it
Kevyn
Sep 07, 2011 Kevyn added it
Shelves: senior-summer
This book of records is just like all of the other Guiness books. With this book you can find out the shortest, tallest, fastest, slowest, easiest and hardest of anything in the world. This book is great for people that like straight facts because thats what it is. This book is good for any age although it is not one of my favorite books because of course it has no characters, no plots and no theme. The different sections of the book are dived up between different topics and themes so it is orga ...more
Witbeckja
Mar 17, 2009 Witbeckja is currently reading it
This may not seem like a book you would read page to page but i truley am. I have seem many records from most body piersings in on visit to Most points scored in a football game. I would predict that the next chapter will be on sports, and thats because i saw it when i was turning to my pag ewhich is page 34. I really enjoy learning some interesting and nasty things people have accomplished.
Walter
Jan 27, 2009 Walter rated it it was amazing
This book is awesome it has great features and it shows you a lot about the worlds great feats
Wayne Huerta
I learned that the most valuable baseball card is honus wagner of the pittsburgh pirates
Soontobepromqueen
Jan 08, 2009 Soontobepromqueen rated it it was amazing
this really gross really awesome book is great!! read it!
Destiney
Feb 17, 2009 Destiney rated it really liked it
teses books are really interresting
Jdn1
Apr 25, 2016 Jdn1 added it
Shelves: non-fiction
"Guinness World of Records 2006" is a book more designed for entertainment than knowledge in an elementary classroom. This book offers students entertainment and an opportunity to seek a different kind of knowledge. I would have this book in my classroom just for entertainment purposes. Recommended for upper elementary (3-5).
Ben
Feb 12, 2015 Ben rated it really liked it
I think people shouldn't do to dangerous things like put a sword down there throat.
Alex
May 28, 2015 Alex rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best book I've ever seen from gwr yet!
Rachel
Sep 17, 2008 Rachel rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This is one of my favorite books to have in a classroom. Children will learn to read just so they can figure out the cool things that the people in the book are doing. Everyone gets interested and involved in this book. It has the longest worm (which is enormous). I had my students measure out the actual length of the worm in the classroom and everyone was interested in it for several weeks.
janie love
Feb 20, 2014 janie love rated it it was amazing
very good
Gavin
Dec 10, 2009 Gavin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are some cool records in there. I think about eight people will like this Guinness World Records 2006 book. Thank you for making good reads Mrs. Michaud. I llllllllllllllllloooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeee good reads!!!!

;) :)
Carolee
Jul 28, 2011 Carolee rated it really liked it
Kids LOVE this stuff ... unfortunately the books are very heavy, and make loud thuds when they hit the floor after the young one rolls over in bed [fell asleep reading]. Hey, ANYthing that gets kids reading is AOK.
Zaiter
Nov 23, 2009 Zaiter rated it liked it
Shelves: teofilo
Teofilo- If you want to look for recoreds you should like this book because it has all world records inside it.
Jillian
Jan 15, 2008 Jillian rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
I'm addicted to these-this is the last year I read:) I love the pictures of the nasty long nails and the sick people.
Isaac
Sep 17, 2013 Isaac rated it it was amazing
That it is really cool what these people do longest finger nails ewww.. how does she open stuff.?
Kali Edward Cullen lover:)
Sep 16, 2008 Kali Edward Cullen lover:) rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anybody
Recommended to Kali Edward Cullen lover:) by: i dont know
I think this book is realy cool, well its not really a book but its really cool

Luis Is
Oct 07, 2010 Luis Is rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is a really interesting book because it shows what people can do
Theresa
Oct 17, 2013 Theresa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
kids love to check these. out and try to challenge each other
Lilly
Sep 16, 2011 Lilly rated it it was amazing
i love all the cool and bizarre things people can do in this book
Morgan
Mar 16, 2009 Morgan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this book I learned that the longest finger nail was really long!
Olivia
Jan 03, 2009 Olivia rated it liked it
I thought there were painful and cool things in this book!
Dylan Moore
Oct 25, 2008 Dylan Moore rated it it was amazing
record books have amazing records and facts about people.
Olivia Piehl
These books r weird all the records but kool
Xavier
Sep 18, 2009 Xavier rated it it was ok
I read it but it wasted 7 days of my life
Clare
May 23, 2008 Clare rated it it was amazing
The world record books are so interesting!
Tricia
May 29, 2008 Tricia added it
this is a really good book u sould read it=]
David
May 12, 2013 David rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just love browsing through records.
3rd Period Langua...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Weston's Book- Book 2 3 4 Apr 06, 2014 06:42PM
zahra 1 1 Feb 06, 2014 02:28AM
  • Ripley's Believe It or Not! Planet Eccentric!
  • The Art of Sign Language
  • Ugly Bugs
  • How to Clean Practically Anything
  • A Smart Girl's Guide to Money: How to Make It, Save It, And Spend It
  • The All New Captain Underpants Extra-Crunchy Book O' Fun 2
  • How to Draw Pokemon
  • What Makes Flamingos Pink?: A Colorful Collection of Q & A's for the Unquenchably Curious
  • The Onion Presents: Love, Sex, And Other Natural Disasters: Relationship Reporting From America's Finest News Source
  • Great Battles
  • 1000 Chairs
  • The Order of Things: How Everything in the World Is Organized Into Hierarchies, Structures, and Pecking Orders
  • Nostradamus: The Millennium and Beyond
  • The Horrible History of the World (Horrible Histories Series)
  • Adventures of The Six Cousins (Omnibus)
  • The Human Body
  • Old Testament Student Manual: 1 Kings - Malachi
  • American Progressivism: A Reader
Guinness World Records, known until 2000 as The Guinness Book of Records, is a reference book published annually, containing a collection of world records, both human achievements and the extremes of the natural world. The book itself holds a world record, as the best-selling copyrighted book series of all time. It is also one of the most frequently stolen books from public libraries in the United ...more
More about Guinness World Records...

Guinness World Records (1 - 10 of 46 books)
  • The Guinness Book of World Records 1964
  • Guinness Book Of Records 1969
  • Guinness Book of World Records 1970
  • Guinness Book of World Records 1971 (10th Edition)
  • Guinness Book of World Records 1972